Just activated my Style the other day and I've noticed that the phone doesn't like to close. In other words, if I start to close the flip, I need to physically move the top half to a closed position, it doesn't have any "spring" to complete closure. It's odd, every other clamshell I've ever owned has a point where the tension will ensure the phone closes itself; this phone will keep the top half open partially until I physically push it together.

Anybody else with this problem? I bought the phone off eBay, but it was a Sealed box that I opened myself...
    05-03-11 11:46 AM
    Do you have insurance from sprint? I would look at getting it replaced because the isn't the way it should be, the phone definitely has a lot of tension keeping it closed. If you don't have insurance and I am sure the phone doesn't have a warranty (and you are any good at taking things apart and putting them back together) maybe you should try taking it apart and seeing if something is broken yourself.
    05-03-11 01:32 PM
    Yep, something is definitely wrong with your Style. It should snap closed about halfway over the hinge.
    05-03-11 01:54 PM
    Just thought I'd throw a comment here regarding the flip/hinge. My daughter and I both have the Style. The other day she came to me and showed me what appeared to be a hairline crack in the upper right corner of the lower half of the phone near the hinge "knuckle" (for lack of a better word) well today that crack has turned into that "knuckle" completely broke off. the top half of the phone is ready to fall off. She is not rough with her phone, so I know its not from being abused. and yes, i have insurance and will be making a trip to the sprint store tomm to either get it fixed, or replaced. (idk if they can just attatch a new bottom half ?) But after reading this post, I realized that I have heard others complain about the "flip" function as well. Maybe this phone wasnt such a good idea after all... starting to miss my tour.... and now she's asking for an iphone4 :0
    05-03-11 06:31 PM
    Jobo, I've heard of the crack issue you've talked about, but it is a very rare issue. Sprint should repair or replace your phone. I wouldn't worry about it being a recurring problem.
    05-03-11 10:08 PM
    I have slept on my phone and such as that and the flip still works perfectly.
    05-04-11 09:17 PM
    Dude, does the vibrate function work that good?
    05-04-11 11:25 PM
    lol... Sometimes I try to do something on it while I'm in bed. I always pass out and in the morning when I notice it's not in its usual place I get to start hunting for it.
    05-05-11 08:11 PM
    haha! oh dear.
    05-05-11 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD