As of recently, my Storm 2 has become very finicky. I have had to do battery pull numerous times a day to get it to do what I want. The screen double-clicks when I'm trying to type a message and it clears the message and sends me back to my home screen. Other times the phone just freezes. The software sometimes slows down for no apparent reason. Sometimes I can't turn it off or on. Sometimes the screen won't light up.

There are just a myriad of issues. I've had the phone since December of 2010. What are my options (Verizon) moving forward to upgrade or trade in?

I am running v 5...1015

And with all of these issues, the iPhone is looking pretty tempting...
    05-03-11 11:33 AM
    If it's physically broken, I'd imagine you could exchange it for an equal or lesser value phone? That's what I've done with broken business BBs.
    05-03-11 11:44 AM
    If it's physically broken, I'd imagine you could exchange it for an equal or lesser value phone? That's what I've done with broken business BBs.
    The problem is there is no real physical damage. I've taken very good care of it. Also, I believe I am out of the manufacturer's warranty.
    05-03-11 12:48 PM
    truth be told....there's not going to be much you can do with that phone. You will always have to micro manage the OS to keep it going (something I just don't get anymore). IMO you shouldn't have to constantly pull the battery just to have a working phone after a day or two. I still have my S2 (with .713) close by, but have found that I really don't need/use it anymore. I pick it up every now and then just to check my bbm's but other than that.....it's just a paperweight. My wife and I moved on to the android platform (thunderbolts) and haven't looked back. Just another option for you.
    05-04-11 09:26 PM
    Verizon Customer Service should offer a replacement during the 1st year.
    05-14-11 09:43 AM
    There are just a myriad of issues. I've had the phone since December of 2010. What are my options (Verizon) moving forward to upgrade or trade in?
    Your phone has a one year manufacturer's warranty, so it will expire this coming December.

Verizon is under no obligation to give you a different phone just because of the issues you have stated. Nor is there any "trade-in" value to ward a different model or manufacturer. You could call Customer Service and complain politely but I doubt that anything tangible would result.

If you are that unhappy with the phone, check out eBay to see what a Storm2 is going for. Weigh that against what you'd spend for a certified pre-owned VZW phone. You didn't mention how long until your renewal so that's why I mention the CPO program. You can get some decent models that way. Personally, I would never buy a phone off eBay - I'd use craigslist instead. That way I could inspect the phone before I paid for it.
    05-14-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD