hey guys i know there lot of threads out there about what different options there are for the playbook case wise, but does anybody know if there are any messenger bag type carrying cases that i can put my playbook in? i currently have the convertible case but i want to carry it to work in a nice bag. any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
    05-02-11 10:36 PM
    Let me know if u find one!
    05-02-11 10:43 PM
    I have a Kata bag for my DSLR that also has a big pocket for you to put a laptop in. I use mine for my laptop and the Playbook and it fits just fine. Tons of options out there for the Playbook given its small size.
    05-05-11 01:12 AM
    When I first got my PB, I was considering getting the Targus 10.2" CityGear bag:
    http://www.targus.com/us/productdeta...26 Accessories

It is actually made for netbooks, but you could put the PB in it since the bag is a small one with room for accessories. My local WalMart had it for $28.99. I still may actually get it even though I already use a full size Swissgear messenger bag with my laptop. I just liked the size of the Targus a lot.
    05-05-11 01:21 AM
    Go to vaja web site. There is messenger bag for tablet pcs. But expensive..
    05-05-11 01:41 AM
    try look for booq cobra courier xs.
    google it
    05-05-11 01:51 AM
    hey guys i know there lot of threads out there about what different options there are for the playbook case wise, but does anybody know if there are any messenger bag type carrying cases that i can put my playbook in? i currently have the convertible case but i want to carry it to work in a nice bag. any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
    Vaja does make one and it it beautiful.

Vaja Cases

or

Check out Timbuk2, I have 3 different bags from them that I use for work and they are awesome.

Timbuk2
    05-05-11 07:15 AM
    try look for booq cobra courier xs.
    google it
    that bag is definitely my style! but its a little too pricey lol. i might go with the targus messenger bag. thanks for the input everyone!
    05-07-11 04:41 PM
    ���but i want to carry it to work in a nice bag. any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks![/QUOTE]

look for a netbook case ... there are many for these small pc's
    05-07-11 08:40 PM
    With the nice compact size of the PB I'm thinking any "bag" I use to carry my PB in will look like a purse... Errr... Euro man sack! If that's your look that fine by me, but for me, I'll stick to the BB journal case and my Backpack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 08:53 PM
    05-07-11 09:02 PM
    I use the 10" top loading city gear case:
    Targus | TST034CA – Top Loading City Gear Case- 10"

My playbook in the journal case fits well plus there is plenty of room for accessories like a bluetooth keyboard, charger etc. The bag is small but not too small. Its perfect for my daily commute to work and doesn't look feminine.

I haven't seen this one in person, but here's another option from Targus: the spruce ecosmart mini messenger. Designed for the ipad, but the playbook would fit.
    Targus | TBM022CA – Targus Spruce EcoSmart� Mini Messenger for iPad�
    05-07-11 09:26 PM
    I tend to keep my playbook in the provided neoprene case... On a workday I will just toss it in my laptop bag, on a weekend if going anywhere interesting I will usually have my DSLR with me and the front pocket on the DSLR bag was almost made to measure for a Playbook
    05-07-11 10:29 PM
    Hey guys, just came across this thread and was really excited to share what we've come up with. Just like some of you we realized "wait a minute... the Playbook is smaller than other tablets for a reason. If it's meant to be more portable, why haven't any accessories manufacturers made anything to help you carry it around with you everywhere you go?"

With that in mind, we came up with these solutions and would LOVE your input as we're gearing up to launch. I'm not spamming, just genuinely am looking for feedback from fellow Playbook users now that you've had a chance to use yours for a while.

You can check them (as well as our clever little kickstand) out at our Tala Mobileware Facebook page. They use premium natural materials inspired by the Canadian land we come from, and help you carry your Playbook as well as other items in adaptable comfort and style depending on your look and comfort. Any feedback you have would be extremely appreciated as we still have time to make a few tweaks if need be! How would you wear it? What else do you need to carry? What do you think of the look?

Let us know, and be sure to "like" us as we will have some cool promotions and giveaways while gearing up for launch.

Thanks so much for your help guys and look forward to getting these puppies made!
    Last edited by talamike; 11-14-11 at 03:48 PM.
    peter9477, John.P and BernFlo like this.
    11-14-11 03:45 PM
    Looks nicely made. Maple Leaf kickstand??? Interesting.
    11-14-11 04:27 PM
    Yep, gotta represent the land we come from right? It's part of the logo, and actually adds a whole lot of value seeing as you can slot the Playbook into different segments of the leaf for different effects. Depending on which part you use, the Playbook can be propped up for movies, or lowered down to 15 degrees for typing.

The kickstands are made out of white oak and walnut for now.

Thanks for the feedback!
    11-14-11 04:30 PM
    Yep, gotta represent the land we come from right? It's part of the logo, and actually adds a whole lot of value seeing as you can slot the Playbook into different segments of the leaf for different effects. Depending on which part you use, the Playbook can be propped up for movies, or lowered down to 15 degrees for typing.

The kickstands are made out of white oak and walnut for now.

Thanks for the feedback!
    The bag and kickstand are beautiful. When will they be available and for how much? Im VERY interested!
    11-14-11 07:42 PM
    Thanks Alberto.

We're still locking in the final details but we're trying aggressively to have the brown one priced competitively with similar products out there ~$60. The black executive carrier will be more seeing as it has extra functionality and carrying capacity as well as materials. Keep in mind these are handcrafted using the finest natural materials and custom engineered parts so you know you're getting the best.

We hope to have the kickstand available for $10-$15 and will come in different options of wood type.

Thanks for the feedback guys, very appreciated!
    11-14-11 10:09 PM
    Very nice bag, great for guys,which I know is the main concern considering the lack of choices for men but still ... what do you have for us ladies.
    talamike likes this.
    11-15-11 10:43 AM
    Of course we couldn't forget the ladies! The carrying case can be worn three different ways: messenger style, on the hip (either on your own belt, or using our strap), or as a holster under an arm. For the women we've spoken to, wearing it on the hip has been most popular as they tend to have it slung a little lower and it looks quite nice. We will have all sorts of different colour options as well for the black case to customize it the way you'd like. The black case also allows you to carry a few other items that you need with you. What other requirements do you think ladies would have for a Playbook carrying case that we should consider?

Thanks for the feedback!

By the way you can check more photos out on our Facebook page @ Talamobileware
    11-15-11 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD