Very upset with what we are getting. I am sure a facebook app is great for many and so is bbm, but I don't care much for either. Was hoping that we would have some definitive info on the android apps, but at this point, given the recent announcement it seems facebook app and video chat along with the bold touch is all we will be getting.
    Would have been much happier with either a kindle app or a netflix app, given facebook works fine on the browser.
    05-02-11 05:58 PM
    atleast its a step forward bud!
    05-02-11 06:00 PM
    Remember today is only the teaser day for BlackBerry World, officially it starts tomorrow.

BlackBerry World Conference for BlackBerry Users
    05-02-11 06:02 PM
    What does this have to do with rim, though?

Rim is pushing out apps and updates like crazy it seems. But it's up to the 3rd party developers (netflix, etc) to push their own apps.

Android apps...yeah, I'm with you there, but that's a HUGE step.
    05-02-11 06:05 PM
    Remember today is only the teaser day for BlackBerry World, officially it starts tomorrow.

BlackBerry World Conference for BlackBerry Users
    exactly, BBWorld is a multi day event, ya dont just throw everything out on day one, that`d b silly
    05-02-11 06:05 PM
    So yes it officially starts tomorrow. If we don't get big announcement then were aren't going to get any and I know there has already been big announcement but I want the blackberry touch so sorry to say if we don't see it tomorrow morning then we aunt going to see it we have followed these events for a long time and we all know the good info gets released day one
    05-02-11 06:14 PM
    It's only analysts day today...
    05-02-11 06:20 PM
    hold on, let me call the 9-wah-wah, i should probably put that on my speed dial since there's a ridiculous amount of crybabies on this forum. christ.
    SAM18, narci, Myxomytosis and 3 others like this.
    05-02-11 06:22 PM
    Some people will never be satisfied. No matter what RIM released today some people would still find a reason to complain.
    narci, southlander, Intosh and 2 others like this.
    05-02-11 06:25 PM
    Am sure we will get more updates, news, etc. as the week passes by starting tomorrow...

Does anyone know if there is a live stream of the event?? I know there are business exclusive events that wont make it but I would really like to see the execs opening statements, power points, etc...you know, the exciting stuff
    05-02-11 06:27 PM
    How can you be upset? It hasn't even started, lol!
    05-02-11 06:28 PM
    Can't please everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 06:29 PM
    Very upset with what we are getting. I am sure a facebook app is great for many and so is bbm, but I don't care much for either. Was hoping that we would have some definitive info on the android apps, but at this point, given the recent announcement it seems facebook app and video chat along with the bold touch is all we will be getting.
    Would have been much happier with either a kindle app or a netflix app, given facebook works fine on the browser.
    come on...how do you know Blackberry World isn't upset with YOU?

Last edited by leo1055; 05-02-11 at 06:40 PM.
    A7omic likes this.
    05-02-11 06:33 PM
    today was epic fail for rim. still no email client. we all love having to bridge pb and bb all the time dont we?
    Uh...no. RIM already stated that the native apps will take time.
    05-02-11 06:42 PM
    today was epic fail for rim. still no email client. we all love having to bridge pb and bb all the time dont we?
    really, who says "epic fail" anymore? trolls I guess

We're in the early-adopter phase. And while a lot of things are lacking, RIM has been providing updates faster than any previous device that I can remember.
    Intosh likes this.
    05-02-11 06:44 PM
    you're the fail one, sir. they already said it will be available within sixty days on April 15th.
    leo1055 likes this.
    05-02-11 06:44 PM
    Take a couple of Chillax tablets:

Panezic said that more PlayBook information will be coming tomorrow.

For details on the PlayBook running Android apps, along with BlackBerry Java apps and apps written for a native software developers' kit (SDK), "tomorrow might be a good time to stick around," he said.
    BlackBerry PlayBook Updates Could Come 'Every Two Weeks' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Intosh likes this.
    05-02-11 06:48 PM
    2 months is an awfully long time for a company to ship out an unfinished product. Its like a car dealer selling cars without steering wheels. Oh ya, trek along folks, 60 days and we will have those steering wheels out!
    Luckily, for people who aren't happy with the PB or RIM you are free to exercise your right to support other manufacturers. And I have the right to use "ignore" when the constant whining becomes overbearing.
    leo1055 and Intosh like this.
    05-02-11 07:30 PM
    I don't mind if we get zero of the "most wanted" apps. All I wanted is RIM to have a little more definitive timeline, rather than mentioning it in terms of seasons, summer, winter etc. Its ok if something is slated for june, or july and wouldn't also mind much if the daeadline is missed by a few days or week. But a billion dollar company should atleast give us some sense of what to expect and clarify what is coming.
    Umcertainty doesn't bode well with RIM users or the perception of the company itself...and that is what is really upsetting.
    You get upset when you have expectation, which QNX has showed.Had I been using the ios or honeycomb, I wouldn't have expected much more given the comparative shortcomings when compared to the flexibility and 'still to be tapped' pottential of the playbook
    05-02-11 07:53 PM
    Luckily, for people who aren't happy with the PB or RIM you are free to exercise your right to support other manufacturers. And I have the right to use "ignore" when the constant whining becomes overbearing.

No need to bother. He put himself on Ignore courtesy of the Mods.
    05-02-11 08:06 PM
    If they take time then they launched too early. Would you be okay with a car being sold to you without the steering wheel? Don't worry, it'll be mailed to you in 6-8 weeks...maybe.
    All the martyrs in the room may want to note, you can't use a car for it's intended purpose without a steering wheel. The Playbook has been useful and useable since day 1. Don't get me wrong, as you know it isn't perfect. BUT after about 10 minutes research I knew this fact a week before it was released.

It's abundantly clear RIM was initially unconcerned with wooing non Blackberry people over.
    leo1055 likes this.
    05-02-11 09:32 PM
    I am loving the Playbook! It's my first Rim product. A am a huge Apple fanboy. If Rim would come out with a QNX phone...I would be tempted to give up my iPhone. The Playbook is a new product and there are some growing pains with it but it seems that Rim is really behind it and I am excited for the future of this product and Rim. I think that in time it will be as good as my iPad 2.
    05-02-11 09:44 PM
    I'm as excited as can be with the future of RIM. i cant wait to get my 9900 and the updates coming to my playbook make it more appealing everyday. my girlfriend loves it and she hates blackberry phones.
    05-02-11 11:10 PM
    If they take time then they launched too early. Would you be okay with a car being sold to you without the steering wheel? Don't worry, it'll be mailed to you in 6-8 weeks...maybe.
    A car without a steering wheel is not functional. The PlayBook is. Tech is not cars.
    05-02-11 11:18 PM
    Come on now guys - Playbook is new to consumers and a lot of tethering has to go into the product before people can all be happy and if RIM gets more ideas, more applications get developed for playbook. We all spent big change on a gadget and it takes time. Rome wasn't built in 1 day nor was PlayBook...

I am also waiting for some applications but they will be released shortly
    05-02-11 11:26 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD