First off I love my playbook and have had zero issues since day one. As of last night while catching up on the death of osama **** pants my wifi connection died. I have 2 other bb's that are connected and multiple computers as well. This happened shortly after putting on an otterbox (awesome case btw) with ease which should have zero connection to this issue. I did multiple restarts including power+volume up and down with no success. My last resort was to restart the device with the aid of dm (debrick) with no avail. Drove to starbucks and I am still stuck on the wi-fi connect screen. Zero broadcasted signals and manually entering ssid's puts me in an infinite loop stating "connecting". After tackling many threads and troubleshoots I've exhausted all attempts except to hopefully seek advice from you guys. Any help would be appreciated. Of course this happens when the goodies come out.
    05-02-11 01:17 PM
    Guess I forgot to add the wi-fi I am trying to connect to has had zero problems in the past. I did restart the router twice and it is an open connection.
    05-02-11 01:27 PM
    Are you still within your return window? If so i'd replace it - i had my first one replaced because of similar wifi issues.
    tjdevine likes this.
    05-02-11 01:30 PM
    You say the case should have nothing to do with it, does this mean you removed it and still have the wifi issues?
    05-02-11 01:30 PM
    Yeah I bought it on the 19th. I'm trying to avoid doing so and calling tech support until I feel like there is no choice. Guess I am just OCD when it comes to trying to fix electronics. This one might be out of my hands.
    05-02-11 01:34 PM
    The connection did stop shortly after installing the case. I thought maybe the case was interfering with the signal so I removed it and still had the same issue. I really don't think the case is the problem. I installed the pb with the power off and watched the video on installation and it snapped in with no problem. I did have connection for an hour after. I also tried holding the corner as stated in previous threads for better signal....but nothing.
    05-02-11 01:38 PM
    Just out of curiosity- you mention you have 2 other BB's and multiple computers connected. Did they all drop off the network at the same time and reconnect later? Or did they stay on the whole time and only the PB dropped?
    05-02-11 01:44 PM
    Only the PB dropped. As soon it dropped I grabbed the Torch and it was maxed out in signal.
    05-02-11 01:46 PM
    I sometimes see my PB lock up and not reconnect. Have you manually tried reconnecting? Go into your WiFi settings and press "select a Network" then go under "Saved Networks" and select your home Network. Finally, choose "save and connect".
    05-02-11 02:17 PM
    After connecting to desktop manager I re-did the whole debrick installation to give me a fresh start. Now I am stuck on the "Connect to Wi-Fi screen". There are no options from my home network....or when I drove to multiple wifi areas that have had zero problems with connection (ie:starbucks, work, etc...). As stated above I've tried numerous times to connect manually with zero luck. Just to make things better my buddy just dropped by with his playbook and it worked perfectly. Did not help he showed me all the new updates today. Will be looking into adopting a new playbook this weekend if all fails. >>>I swear there was an option to skip the wifi setup on the initial startup of the playbook. This problem has me locked out of the home ui.
    05-02-11 02:33 PM
    You know... that's weird. I didn't think much of it, but I had similar issues with my WiFi network crapping out after the PB connected that I've never had before. It happened the day I got my PB and a couple times after that.

It happened sporadically but the entire network would lock down and not distribute correct IP addresses, just self-assigning IPs without connection to the internet. And this is across devices, not just the Playbook. My computer, my phone, etc. all lost connection to the internet.

It would take a hard restart of the router and modem for it to work again. It happened about once a day when I had the PB. I thought it was maybe TimeWarner just being stupid.. but since returning the PB last Tuesday, I've had no issues concerning my network, and nothing else has changed.
    05-02-11 02:43 PM
    I am having the same issue. My PB shows weak Wifi connection and it drops it after few minutes, struggling to keep up the connection while my phone and MBP have strong signal. I tethered my phone D-Incredible to the PB and no problem, it shows stong connection but than again the phone is 1-2 feet away.

I wonder if anything is wrong with it. I love it by the way
    05-02-11 02:46 PM
    I did bridge it to have internet access with success after it initially locked on me. After hooking it up to desktop manager i have zero options other than connecting to wi-fi. Guess this problem makes it easier for tech support to tell me to swap out. Just have this feeling.....there is another way.
    05-02-11 02:59 PM
    Thanks again for those who tried helping. After 2 hours of going through customer service they put me on tier 3, aka take your playbook back for exchange. After going over the conflicts the analyst did not even try to do one step. Back to office depot...cutting it close with one day left for exchange. Customer Service took forever but they did a great job.
    05-02-11 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD