Hi there,

i have the torch and a signature (Sent from my Samsung) appears on every outgoing text...how do i remove this...i have no idea why this is happening.

thanks
    05-01-11 08:40 PM
    Did you have Samsung device prior to getting your Torch? Sounds like maybe the signature is something that your carrier adds - if so, you could ask them to either remove the sig altogether, or at least change it so it says "Blackberry" or "Torch" . .
    05-01-11 08:54 PM
    I just want to tell you that this made me LOL.
    That isn't even the right company haha.

I would call your carrier. If it isn't an app its probably carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 08:55 PM
    Text messages or emails? Did you have a Samsung before?
    05-01-11 09:47 PM
    If it's emails go into your Email Account Management (messages icon -->blackberry menu->options--> email account management) and then Edit the emails and then you can delete the signature option that says,"sent via Blackberry by At&t" then click on the bb menu and hit save. It will require to put in your password and once done then you're all set.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 05-01-11 at 11:36 PM.
    05-01-11 11:33 PM
    Text messages or emails? Did you have a Samsung before?
    Hi,

It is text messages....Rogers tech support not helpful..

any other ideas guys?

thanks to everyone...!!

Rastachic
    05-03-11 09:49 PM
    Are you using a sms app other than the native blackberry one?

05-03-11 11:29 PM
    Maybe its possessed?!?!

05-03-11 11:33 PM
    Hi,

It is text messages....Rogers tech support not helpful..

any other ideas guys?

thanks to everyone...!!

Rastachic
    Check your Rogers Extreme Text Messaging settings. You (or someone else) probably setup sms signatures.

You can do this from the Rogers MyAccount app or the MyAccount Portal
    More info here

Rogers Extreme Text Messaging

Note: this has nothing to do with your phone, it's a service provider feature
    thecoach1999 and rastachic like this.
    05-04-11 10:16 AM
    I agree with Striker. Wife had same issue.
    05-04-11 10:31 AM
    Check your Rogers Extreme Text Messaging settings. You (or someone else) probably setup sms signatures.

You can do this from the Rogers MyAccount app or the MyAccount Portal
    More info here

Rogers Extreme Text Messaging

Note: this has nothing to do with your phone, it's a service provider feature
    You are the best!!!! thanks Striker!!!!! gotta love Rogers...giving you more stuff: you don't need...

thanks everyone for all your comments/advice.

RastaChic
    05-05-11 07:36 AM
    If it's emails go into your Email Account Management (messages icon -->blackberry menu->options--> email account management) and then Edit the emails and then you can delete the signature option that says,"sent via Blackberry by At&t" then click on the bb menu and hit save. It will require to put in your password and once done then you're all set.
    I tried this so I could change my signature too, and it asked for my user name and password, but when I put in the password, it says it's incorrect. I've never changed my password and haven't forgotten it, so I clicked the forgot password and it now says new password sent to my device, but it hasn't sent anything. I just sent mail from my laptop to my Torch and it worked fine. Do you know how I can fix this??
    05-05-11 10:27 AM
    I tried this so I could change my signature too, and it asked for my user name and password, but when I put in the password, it says it's incorrect. I've never changed my password and haven't forgotten it, so I clicked the forgot password and it now says new password sent to my device, but it hasn't sent anything. I just sent mail from my laptop to my Torch and it worked fine. Do you know how I can fix this??
    Hmm that is very strange. You used the same blackberry ID as the same registered email address?

05-05-11 08:13 PM
    Hmm that is very strange. You used the same blackberry ID as the same registered email address?

Yes. I still get all of my emails, but now when I tried to change the signature, it won't let me cuz it says the password is incorrect.
    05-05-11 10:01 PM
    Is there a genius in the house to help me with this? Please?
    05-06-11 09:55 AM
    Is there a genius in the house to help me with this? Please?
    well I just tested it and I don't get asked for a username or password.

Here's what I did

Setup
    Email
    Internet Mail acc.
    Select Acc
    Edit
    Change Signature
    05-06-11 11:25 AM
    well I just tested it and I don't get asked for a username or password.

Here's what I did

Setup
    Email
    Internet Mail acc.
    Select Acc
    Edit
    Change Signature
    Thanks for your answer.
    You must of not already had an email account, because as soon as I open email in setup it asks for user name and password. It doesn't let me get past that to be able to edit. I just don't get it. My user name and password have always been the same. ugh! I really need help figuring this out.
    05-06-11 04:37 PM
    Went to Blackberry and asked. It's fixed.
    05-06-11 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD