Hey Ya'll,

Trying to find the right fit for a case.

Been through the Otterbox Defender.
    - Too bulky.
    - Made battery pulls a 5 man job.

Moved on to the Seidio Innocase Surface Combo Hard Case & Holster
    - Pretty much perfect . . . for three weeks, when the case halves stopped matting because the little latches wore out.
    - I'm happy with the Holster, but I'm looking for a replacement for the Surface Combo Hard Case.

My needs are that I have to pull the battery pretty much on a daily basis both for software reset purposes and security purposes. So the case has to have an easy and durable way of being pulled apart and put back together.

Also, I don't like the silicone skins. Half the time I'm putting my phone in my pocket. With the silicone, it makes it tough to get the case in and out of my pocket. The Seidio Innocase Surface Combo Hard Case gets 10 out of 10 for this, since the material is the perfect blend of grip and slip.

Anyone been down this road before?

Thanks,

Ian
    04-30-11 01:19 PM
    My needs are that I have to pull the battery pretty much on a daily basis...
    Could you just do the alt-shift-del key combo to restart it? I thought that did the same as a battery pull, but I'm new at this so I could be wrong

But that way you could still use a full case...
    04-30-11 03:19 PM
    Having gone through the same issues myself, I settled for a Full Body screen protector and the Seidio holster. I also use the Seidio extended battery, which gives the phone a better grip for handling "not to mention the extra battery life".
    04-30-11 03:31 PM
    There are the other otterbox cases to consider. But getting to the battery is still not easy.
    04-30-11 03:58 PM
    Actually, using the Otterbox Commuter with the Ext. battery hack does allow getting to the battery easy. You simply cut out the rubber of the otterbox just behind the battery, when you need to do a battery pull, slip off the hard plastic wrap and you are right there at the battery.
    04-30-11 04:07 PM
    When I had my bold I used the otterbox commuter with the blackberry leather holster for the blackberry 9000. Perfect fit and it put the phone to sleep to save battery life. Plus it was half the blk f the defender.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 04:12 PM
    I got the Case-Mate hybrid. Has a hard shell with a gel skin. I dont like just a gel skin but love the hard outside with gel inside. Its kinda bulky but gives great protection. And its easy to take on and off.

04-30-11 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD