When I transfer pictures of my phone to the desk top manager they do not transfer over in the same order as the phone. I can get them sorted by date. When I moved them into the playbook it was the same thing. They all seem to be in a random order. Any ideas out there. There are recent pictures I want to show friends on my playbook but its quite hard to find them among hundreds. Did I miss something that will help to easily organize them in chronological order?
    04-30-11 07:53 AM
    You could submit it as an app suggestion (flexible photo album with custom order). Shouldn't be hard for a developer to do - but hopefully it becomes a standard capability in the native photo viewer.
    04-30-11 08:44 AM
    I just saw another thread on this issue. There is no good answer at this point. Hopefully and fix in the next update?
    04-30-11 09:27 AM
    The best you can do is create subfolders on the pb. Those will show up as albums. But the pictures appear to show in the order they were moved to the pb - not necessarily in the order taken or by picture-name.
    04-30-11 09:47 AM
    OK i have the same problem gathering pics together into relevant groups. sounds like albums or sub-albums would solve this but how do I do it? Kind of a noob at this but really liking the camera and video. My Playbook is great!
    Last edited by curiousCracker; 06-07-11 at 10:43 AM. Reason: avoid repeating again
    06-07-11 09:58 AM
    The best you can do is create subfolders on the pb. Those will show up as albums. But the pictures appear to show in the order they were moved to the pb - not necessarily in the order taken or by picture-name.
    not true. no matter what way u send them over it will STLL put then in a crazy random order...I have even went into properties and renamed the title. does any one know what order blackberry has them in?
    07-16-11 09:57 PM
    still has issues.... i have a be4 and after folder. my puppy as he was small now a pic of him big...ect ect get it be4 and after...anyway so i cant have them in order no matter what way i try...i dont want them by date. jus want them in order by name puppy1 puppy2 thats it...i guess i will have to wait for this update...any help would be great
    07-16-11 10:03 PM
    Now that you have revisited this thread, I decided to revisit briefly.

I just moved a bunch of random files into the folder/album I initially created for testing. The pics seem to be showing by filename. As I drag another in, it shows up in the "album" by its name.

As I am renaming them (using wifi sharing), they are reordering. At least, that appears to be what is happening.
    07-17-11 12:17 AM
    this is because PB automatically sort files using the last modified date. This is not the same as the date the picture was taken.

so when you rename the pictures, the file's last modified date changes and are sorted based on that date, not the filename. Try renaming files in random order, meaning first rename pic3, then pic1, pic9, etc.

this is the same with BB phones.
    07-17-11 12:57 AM
    03-22-12 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD