I loaded photos onto my playbook from my computer. I need to have them on the playbook in the order that I copied them. This is for a work presentation. When I go through my computer and look at the photos, they are in just the order I want them. When I look on my playbook, they are out of order. How can I get them in the order I want?
    Last edited by newcollector; 04-29-11 at 02:08 PM.
    04-29-11 02:05 PM
    one way is to rename in alphabetical or numerical order....
    04-29-11 02:24 PM
    one way is to rename in alphabetical or numerical order....
    I did that after copying them over from the computer. They are still in the wrong order. Doesn't make any sense to me. They show up as tiled in the "photo" folder. I have no options on the playbook menu to manipulate or rearrange or to do anything other than show the pictures.

I even downloaded an app called PhotoPresenter which doesn't work...can't load my own photos...and there is no way to contact the developer to see what I am doing wrong or if he created an app that just doesn't work.
    Last edited by newcollector; 04-29-11 at 03:09 PM.
    04-29-11 03:06 PM
    The pictures I copied over are in their original order as taken by my camera. Could it be "sorting" just image date. I just noticed there is no way to reveal the properties of images (size, date taken, etc)

I wonder if you changed their dates if that would reorder them in some fashion.
    04-29-11 04:10 PM
    The other idea might be to put them in a Powerpoint presentation and run that off of the PB.

They do appear to arrange in date order, newest first. Maybe make a small non-noticeable edit to each pic in the reverse order you want them to show. I think changing the Properties should change the date stamp.
    04-29-11 04:20 PM
    try the following... make a folder for the photos, then
    copy the photos over one at a time in the order you want.
    I don't think the photo viewer employs any sorting constraints, but rather works in the order added to the media store.
    04-29-11 04:25 PM
    Here is what I did. I have jpg images on my computer that correspond to a price list in a specific order. I copoed them to the Playbook in the same order and even numerically sequenced them. When I look at them from my computer to the playbook Photo Folder, they are in proper order. When I look at them thru the Pictures folder from my Playbook, they are out of order.

What I want to do is just take my Playbook to the client and show the pictures with the price for the item, but I see no way to edit or manipulate the pics once they are onm the Playbook. I'm stumped on what to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 11:22 PM
    Here is what I did. I have jpg images on my computer that correspond to a price list in a specific order. I copoed them to the Playbook in the same order and even numerically sequenced them. When I look at them from my computer to the playbook Photo Folder, they are in proper order. When I look at them thru the Pictures folder from my Playbook, they are out of order.

What I want to do is just take my Playbook to the client and show the pictures with the price for the item, but I see no way to edit or manipulate the pics once they are onm the Playbook. I'm stumped on what to do. I will try to date stamp them.

04-29-11 11:25 PM
    did you copy them one file at a time, rather than selecting a bunch of them?
    this is what I was suggesting. pictures app seems to work on a first-come-first-serve basis right now.

edit: I just copied 4 files over to mine, one at a time in this order: 9.jpg, 5.jpg, 6.jpg, 1.jpg. The photos are showing up in the order 1.jpg, 5.jpg, 6.jpg, 9.jpg. Not sure what to tell you.
    Last edited by JustAnotherBeerbot; 04-30-11 at 12:27 AM.
    04-30-11 12:20 AM
    Start with the last picture in your presentation and work backwards...
    04-30-11 12:30 AM
    I did the same - created a folder called SortOrder and copied pics from a variety of my computer photo folders. I picked randomly from those various folders and copied pictures. The order copied to the pb affects the order they are displayed.

One more tweak the pb needs.
    04-30-11 09:11 AM
    I actually copied them in order, selected one at a time. However I copied them from a program on the computer. I will try copying them from the program to the computer, then from computer to Playbook.

04-30-11 10:19 AM
    I was having the same issue. I exported my photos with a custom name and numbered sequence (presentation ##.jpg). I was able to do this from within the photo program. The only hitch was that it names the first 9 images with only one digit, "presentation 1.jpeg" rather than "presentation 01.jpeg". That 0 before the second digit makes all the difference. Otherwise those first 9 images are mixed in.... Maybe this fix only works with OS2.0, not sure what OS was being used during the original post. Anyways, hope this helps someone.
    11-17-12 12:37 PM
    Here is what to do.......Using an app called Air Browser ( its a free file management app), create a new folder in your camera folder ( name it what ever you like), and then move the images you need to that folder. Now when you open the pictures app, there is a folder with the specific images you want or need. And if you sorted them alphabetically or numerically they will be in that order.

I hope this helps.
    11-17-12 01:00 PM
    You could also use the Files & Folders app for this. Store images to be shown in a folder and then can sort them by a handful of options: filename, date, filesize, type, descending or ascending. Then choose the slide show option to view the images in that order! In the slide show option you can set the timing from 4 settings (access by top swipe down). If using the full setting, then you can just swipe right to left when you want to advance the image or left to right if needed to go back; great option if you are talking about the image, longer delay for client presentation and questions etc. And even better with Files & Folders, it can connect to your cloud storage such as Box, Dropbox, Skydrive ... and do the same thing, the sort and slide show functions work from cloud storage! One of the best native apps for file management & productivity with the Playbook, imo.
    11-17-12 01:34 PM
    You can also put them in a simple power point presentation and copy that to the Playbook and then show it under DocstoGo.This app supposedly now allows some slide editing but I have not worked with it lately. Videos are available under Help and Discover Now 2.0. Picinote allows making Books in which you can make pages with pictures, text or drawings and send them as PDF file or use them in the playbook offline. Evernote also allows you to make notebooks which are stored in the cloud. True you can make albums as been suggested but it may be more tedious to sort through pictures on the playbook than on your computer.
    11-17-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD