With the recent influx of trolls coming after the PB release, I got to wondering how many of you post comments in either Apple or android forums that you know might not be taken so kindly there?

I personally do not have any accounts on any other site similar to this one. Nore do I even read sites that discuss Apple products. I have absolutely no interest in them, negative or positive.

So how many people here might be considered trolls over at Apple sites?
    04-29-11 10:30 AM
    Not me. I don't like people coming to this forum to bash the fact that I have a BlackBerry. So, I'm not about to take myself down to their level and do that on their forums.
    flipkc likes this.
    04-29-11 10:45 AM
    Not me~

I refuse to stoop to their level.
    04-29-11 10:46 AM
    I had an iPhone 3GS and I posted there while I had the device of the experiences I was having, mostly trying to get the battery issues resolved. After I returned the device I was still very disappointed and I was very negative towards Apple. I've since mellowed and was considering a new iPhone.
    I never posted on the Android forum until I got my Atrix. My posts there have also reflected my experiences with the device, and I can honestly say that everyone there was extremely helpful.
    My battles with some of the Android folks have been prior to purchasing the device because through my use of a couple I didn't like them. I hated Android and I said so. Now that I have the Atrix I've seen what's positive about the device (display, multimedia, speed) and what has been negative, and I've posted that too.

***Edit: I've only posted on the Windows forum to ask about the Dell Lightning, since I was interested in getting it. That device seems to have disappeared.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 04-29-11 at 11:22 AM.
    04-29-11 10:51 AM
    I would like to add that I do post to a couple Android Forums. Mostly because I'm a techie at heart and I like to learn about different devices even though I do not own one. I also post to help out my wife with her Android phone.

However, when I do make posts, it is not to bash Android or to make someone feel inferior because they prefer Android. It's always to learn or to help others learn.

Also, I don't have anything against the iPhone or people who own an iPhone. My beef has always been with Steve Jobs and his business practices.
    04-29-11 11:18 AM
    There are iPhone message boards?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    elvin1983 likes this.
    04-29-11 02:28 PM
    Can't say that I have...
    04-29-11 02:30 PM
    Not me. I don't like people coming to this forum to bash the fact that I have a BlackBerry. So, I'm not about to take myself down to their level and do that on their forums.
    Same here. I don't visit any Apple or Android-based websites, nor do I visit the Apple or Android threads on CrackBerry. I don't like those devices, so I stay out of their threads. It's very simple.
    04-29-11 02:35 PM
    Same here. I don't visit any Apple or Android-based websites, nor do I visit the Apple or Android threads on CrackBerry. I don't like those devices, so I stay out of their threads. It's very simple.
    Ditto. It would be a waste of my time to go to iPhone or Android threads or websites. I doubt my BB related posts would be well-received.

04-29-11 02:56 PM
    Seems pointless to me and i wont have anything to gain from doing that.

04-29-11 03:37 PM
    I don't. I graduated highschool.

04-29-11 03:43 PM
    I never even thought of the fact. Funny you mentioned it though. I have no inclination to do so.
    04-29-11 03:49 PM
    Because I support both BB and iPhone, I've posted a few threads in the iPhone forum here that were bringing awareness to security or technical issues. People there don't seem to take them the right way and they turn ugly so I've stopped and they can find out on their own or not know. I've commented in threads on other platforms but only when something of interest pops up in the New Posts. I don't go to those forums and browse.
    04-29-11 04:02 PM
    I'm not interested!
    04-29-11 05:44 PM
    I'm on Tipb as well, mainly for my iPod touch and my wife's iPad that I occasionally use.

I post under the same name, and no one's ever, in the short time I've been there, given me grief or called me a troll. I don't ask or make smartass questions or remarks. I don't feel the need to put down others and their choice of devices simply to make me feel better and more secure in my choice of smartphone and tablet, or just to stir the pot and **** people off.
    04-29-11 08:05 PM
    This was my first "real" smartphone forum. I still consider it a home of sorts.

Reading stuff here keeps me balanced. I like the perspectives, the rumored new devices, and I am intrigued by the Playbook. I also like reading up in the Android forums.

Don't do much reading on any iPhone sites outside of the one here.
    04-29-11 08:16 PM
    The only reaso I'd have to post on an Apple or android forum would be:

1. If I owned one

2. If I wanted to buy one

Since I want neither and don't own either, there's no reason to post on one. I honestly don't think there is a need for either category on a blackberry forum either.

Except $$$$$ and who could blame them. Unfortunately, and honestly, blackberry owners don't benefit from having them here. E. We could just simply go to one of those forums if we wanted real information.

But that's just my opinion.

04-29-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD