Some of you know I've been unhappy with my S2 for the last few months, due to innumerable issues (spontaneous rebooting when answering/making calls, etc). I had so much trouble a few months ago I reloaded the OS, but it didn't help.

Yesterday, things got dire indeed, as the phone wouldn't respond to clicks properly. They were either "misplaced", or the screen would chatter. When I'd try to open BBM, the phone app would open. When I tried to dial, a couple of digits would be inputted, then the next digit I tapped would clear the entire line, making calling impossible. And there was more. I was afraid that such wonky nonsense was a faulty actuator or digitizer and I feared I'd be without a functioning phone until tomorrow when the Charge is released.

Being desperate, but not optimistic, I reloaded the OS (a 35 minute process). To my frank surprise, the screen began working better than it has in ages (and that goes for the PREVIOUS OS reload I mentioned earlier).

Now all I need is for this sucker to last until tomorrow. Wish me luck, CB'ers!
    04-27-11 10:59 AM
    What? No "luck"? You 53 people that read the OP are tough hombres!
    04-27-11 01:04 PM
    Mine just started randomly rebooting yesterday. I was in the middle of making phone calls and using GPS as my wife and I were in another town looking at homes.

What's weird though, and this maybe just a battery issue since it's the original when I bough the phone on launch date, is that after a reboot the batter is at 0% from 100%.

I hate this POS and can't wait to upgrade.
    04-27-11 01:10 PM
    Mine just started randomly rebooting yesterday. I was in the middle of making phone calls and using GPS as my wife and I were in another town looking at homes.

What's weird though, and this maybe just a battery issue since it's the original when I bough the phone on launch date, is that after a reboot the batter is at 0% from 100%.

I hate this POS and can't wait to upgrade.
    You and me both! I need a dependable phone, and this S2 is not dependable enough to even answer a call. When it goes "kaput", I have to wait nearly five minutes before I can reach the caller. POS!!!

I'm trying to nail down exactly what new 4G models are coming to Verizon in the next week or two and I'm not doing too well. I know there is the Sammy Charge coming tomorrow, and at some point a Sammy GS II, and an HTC Sensation, but I've no idea on their release dates. No way I can wait months.
    04-27-11 01:32 PM
    They, like myself, probably read it and thought "thank god, maybe he'll finally leave". Must be nice to sit in front of a computer all day and constantly refresh the Storm 2 forum, posting just for the sake of complaining. As for the rest of us, we have jobs, and friends..and a life. Please. Leave. Already.
    bahahahahaha... tomorrow will be a happy day in the storm 2 forum....

only issue i see is now the android forums will have to put up with his complaint posts... and now we will see his android fanboy posts.. smh sorry it will never end....
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    04-27-11 02:36 PM
    They, like myself, probably read it and thought "thank god, maybe he'll finally leave". Must be nice to sit in front of a computer all day and constantly refresh the Storm 2 forum, posting just for the sake of complaining. As for the rest of us, we have jobs, and friends..and a life. Please. Leave. Already.
    can u please tell me why you haven't learned to use the IGNORE feature? Barring that, can you explain why you READ a thread that I started???

Stop the ******** about my posts, and put me on ignore, or simply skip my threads. What a novel thought, eh?? (some people don't know how to solve problems...)
    04-27-11 03:37 PM

only issue i see is now the android forums will have to put up with his complaint posts... and now we will see his android fanboy posts.. smh sorry it will never end....
    NO. He will get banned. They actually have MODS that don't put up with BS or constant whining! The MODS here left the S2 just like RIM and 90% S2 owners did.
    04-27-11 06:34 PM
    You and me both! I need a dependable phone, and this S2 is not dependable enough to even answer a call. When it goes "kaput", I have to wait nearly five minutes before I can reach the caller. POS!!!

I'm trying to nail down exactly what new 4G models are coming to Verizon in the next week or two and I'm not doing too well. I know there is the Sammy Charge coming tomorrow, and at some point a Sammy GS II, and an HTC Sensation, but I've no idea on their release dates. No way I can wait months.
    Dave,
    I'm curious why you aren't considering the VZ Thunderbolt?
    TIA
    04-27-11 07:21 PM
    Dave,
    I'm curious why you aren't considering the VZ Thunderbolt?
    TIA
    I saw it when it first came out. Wasn't all that impressed, in light of the impending (but now revamped to god-knows-what) bionic release, and with the complaints about battery life on HTC and the TB specifically, the so-so sound quality of phone calls, the marginal speaker phone quality....I'm just not all that excited about it. I've even had mods PM me to find out why I don't want the TB. LOL! It's a personal choice--there are aspects of the TB that I'm not crazy about. Nothing mysterious. I saw it, I made phone calls on it, evaluated it, and dismissed it. I might do the same thing with the Charge. I'd be a LOT happier if I knew that some killer 4G phones were going to hit Verizon in the next week or two, but that's not happening.
    04-28-11 12:05 AM

Hahahahahahahaha
    04-28-11 10:19 AM
    But his absence will make a marked decrease in the number of useless threads and posts. I for one will miss his banter.

Then again, maybe not...
    04-28-11 01:35 PM
    But his absence will make a marked decrease in the number of useless threads and posts. I for one will miss his banter.

Then again, maybe not...
    Seems you are drawn to "useless" threads. I will miss your replies...or maybe NOT.
    04-28-11 01:58 PM
    I looked at the Incredbile 2 yesterday. I ordered one. First real alternative for a world phone. Very light, great screen, front facing camera, etc.
    04-29-11 08:22 AM
    oh yeah i forgot it was a world phone. +1 to that
    04-29-11 11:21 AM
    Some of you know I've been unhappy with my S2 for the last few months, due to innumerable issues (spontaneous rebooting when answering/making calls, etc). I had so much trouble a few months ago I reloaded the OS, but it didn't help.

Yesterday, things got dire indeed, as the phone wouldn't respond to clicks properly. They were either "misplaced", or the screen would chatter. When I'd try to open BBM, the phone app would open. When I tried to dial, a couple of digits would be inputted, then the next digit I tapped would clear the entire line, making calling impossible. And there was more. I was afraid that such wonky nonsense was a faulty actuator or digitizer and I feared I'd be without a functioning phone until tomorrow when the Charge is released.

Being desperate, but not optimistic, I reloaded the OS (a 35 minute process). To my frank surprise, the screen began working better than it has in ages (and that goes for the PREVIOUS OS reload I mentioned earlier).

Now all I need is for this sucker to last until tomorrow. Wish me luck, CB'ers!

If you can...do yourself a favor change your bb for a torch.
    Work better, ans easier, no complain about it. In tha past I had the Storm1, I love it at first, but one day the screen is not clicking well I change it (it was on warranty) for the Storm2.
    I did not have the choice to take the Storm2, it is the only GOOD model they had at this time.
    And finally a few months later, It is time to upgrade I was eligible to have the bb torch for free at the condition that I renew my contract for 3 years, that is what I did.
    From now on, I never regret it so far. I have my torch now for 2 months.
    04-30-11 01:28 PM
    Work better, ans easier, no complain about it. In tha past I had the Storm1, I love it at first, but one day the screen is not clicking well I change it (it was on warranty) for the Storm2.
    I did not have the choice to take the Storm2, it is the only GOOD model they had at this time.
    And finally a few months later, It is time to upgrade I was eligible to have the bb torch for free at the condition that I renew my contract for 3 years, that is what I did.
    The OP has VZW, a CDMA carrier. The 9800 is a GSM device, so he cannot use it.
    04-30-11 01:42 PM
    can't do. The torch is not available on Verizon.
    04-30-11 02:12 PM
    I like my s2, minimum of issues in over a year. Honestly though I'm jumping on the s3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 10:26 PM
    Dave, good luck with your problems. I took a swim with my Storm2 almost two weeks ago now, right after I ordered and Droid Incredible 2. That was lucky because I was only without a phone for 2 days.

I can say my transition has proven to me I can operate with any of the platforms and be quite happy. Loving this phone for sure, but still hope all you Crackberry addicts get a kick *** BB Touch / Monaco / Storm3. It is probably not in my future as the Dinc2 is the best phone I have every owned to date based on my last two weeks use. RIM will have to pull out all the stops to bring me back.
    05-13-11 06:48 AM
    @dave1812

I'd say try the Motorola DroidX 2 - it has a dual-core 1,2 GHz cpu running the Gingerbread OS. My Droid X is a workhorse - my Storm2 is a rock solid backup now.
    05-14-11 04:07 PM
    Went to verizon today to check out the Samsung Charge. That turned out to be a bust. The screen isn't bright. It's got dingy whites (greenish) and is far dimmer than the Thunderbolt. It's a couple orders of magnitude dimmer than the Storm's screen. I was under the impression the charge screen would be even better than the Fascinate. The Fascinate was plenty bright, with super-deep blacks. Too bad it's a 3G phone...guess I'm stuck with my Storm a while longer. Damn! WHile I was at Verizon I had to pull the battery when I tried answering a phone call with it in landscape mode. It froze up. POS.
    05-14-11 11:41 PM
    Awwwwww Dave, I can't ignore you. I'm the fly, and you sir are the .

(Yes, that was both a joke, and backhanded compliment)

Sure hope, nay pray , you find a phone you'll be happy with soon bud.
    05-15-11 02:15 AM
    Went to verizon today to check out the Samsung Charge. That turned out to be a bust. The screen isn't bright. It's got dingy whites (greenish) and is far dimmer than the Thunderbolt. It's a couple orders of magnitude dimmer than the Storm's screen. I was under the impression the charge screen would be even better than the Fascinate. The Fascinate was plenty bright, with super-deep blacks. Too bad it's a 3G phone...guess I'm stuck with my Storm a while longer. Damn! WHile I was at Verizon I had to pull the battery when I tried answering a phone call with it in landscape mode. It froze up. POS.
    Hmmm.....That's funny because the screen is one of the things everyone is raving about. That and the cameras.

So my question is did you really go check it out, or are you just being "Dave" about it lol
    05-15-11 04:27 PM
    Hmmm.....That's funny because the screen is one of the things everyone is raving about. That and the cameras.

So my question is did you really go check it out, or are you just being "Dave" about it lol
    He went in to detail about what he didn't like about it, so I'd say it's safe to bet that he actually looked at it, not that I see how that really matters.
    05-16-11 03:33 PM
    He went in to detail about what he didn't like about it, so I'd say it's safe to bet that he actually looked at it, not that I see how that really matters.
    True, but he also could be like some other people and is going on what other people are saying and piggy backing on that.

I went on my lunch break to go check it out myself today. The screen is pretty nice. And the speed is awesome. I forgot to check out the cameras though. It's a cool device, but not for $299.
    05-16-11 03:55 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD