I would like to buy playbook in a few days, however there are still a few questions with the browser that bugging me:

1. Does the browser had some kind of password or login management? (remember password/login)

2. Does the bookmark is organizable? (folderize)

3. How does the "click" feel inside the browser especially for link compared to ios and android?

4. I keep hearing some people said the bridge is slow especially bridge browser, is it just the page load speed is slow or the UI interaction also slow/lag?

5. How reliable PB (in terms of battery life and problem free) when doing bridge with a BB?

Thank you for helping clearing my mind a bit
    04-27-11 08:03 AM
    I can only answer the first three.

1. browser seems to remember my pw/login but I'm not sure. I mean, when I close the browser and reopen it, I'm still logged in my hotmail and facebook accounts, but maybe that's only because I left the tabs open when I closed the browser. in any case, I don't have to re-enter that info, no.

2. sadly, bookmarks are NOT organizable yet. this is my biggest complain about the browser. the last site you bookmark is the one at the top of your bookmark list.
    you can't rename, you can't move and you can't folderize as you put it. this is a MAJOR oversight imho, as these are some pretty BASIC features we're talking about here..

3. I find that for the most part, clicking links works ok, but sometimes I have to hit them three or four times for them to work. it's almost as if I just 'selected' the link but didn't press it hard enough. I definitely didn't have this problem that often with my iPad. maybe it's because the screen is smaller.

the worst are the little x that close the browser tabs; I swear I have to try ten times to get those to register. THAT is super annoying.

hope this helps; maybe others have different user experiences they want to share.
    04-27-11 08:37 AM
    1. I never have to log in again, unless I clear the cache. As long as you don't clear your cache then you won't have to log in on any site more the once.

2. You can't even move the bookmarks around, so no folders. You can have them as icon like bookmarks, or list-style.

3. Sorry, can't compare to iOS or Droid, but it works excellent. I've only accidentally clicked some thing once while pinch-to-zooming.

4. Bridge browser is quite slow as of right now, wait for some updates and I'm sure RIM will get it up to par. Bridge browser tends to be really slow loading any site, for me anyways, except google.

5. Bridging to a BB drains the PB battery not too bad, if you are only bridged and not on wifi. I only ever have one on at a time and my battery can last a whole day. Although, If I used my phone while tethered, my phone would probably die. (Tethering without using my phone my phones ADR was around 8%)
    04-27-11 08:41 AM
    I can only answer the first three.

2. sadly, bookmarks are NOT organizable yet. this is my biggest complain about the browser. the last site you bookmark is the one at the top of your bookmark list.
    you can't rename, you can't move and you can't folderize as you put it. this is a MAJOR oversight imho, as these are some pretty BASIC features we're talking about here..
    AMEN! Agreed!
    04-27-11 08:43 AM
    I can answer a few.

1. It allows cookies. I signed in to Crackberry and it appears to remember me. If that's what you mean.

2. So far you canNOT organize or rename Bookmarks or even move them around. One hopes that feature will be but don't count on anything being changed for fixed.

3. There is no audible click or mine is set low and I have not looked for a setting. Sometimes a link is too sensitive when scrolling and a new link opens.

4. I have not used it that often. Bridge browser - I cannot log onto Crackberry - I get some strange error intercept and so have others trying to log on here and some other sites.

5. Yesterday I used it a lot trying to test video in background tabs and it was at 46% late in the evening. But I'm not following battery life in detail. I've had no bridge/link problems while others seem to have some.
    04-27-11 08:45 AM
    I have the Torch and bought the Playbook, I was ready to buy my playbook back in November and was stoked to get it. I bought mine on 4/22/2011 and returned it yesterday 4/26/2011! The browser was horrible! to saythe least I played with it called support numerous times went to staples to test the showroom model and it had the same issues. This is hard for me to say but I hated it! so I got my money back and bought a Motorola zoom, the browser is smoking fast I love it and the bigger screen the bonus is my email is large enough to read now, you could not enlarge, pinch & zoom nothing but read tiny fonts!. The only thing the playbook was great with was the 1080p on movies and pics they are not as good on the xoom but for the performance This machine rocks. I still have my torch though!
    Maybe in the future if they fix this stuff I will buy again I am a BB fan just not the Playbook!

How did a stoner find my issue with the dates?
    Last edited by Miso Bill; 04-27-11 at 09:39 AM.
    04-27-11 08:57 AM
    You bought your PB on April 22nd, 2011 and returned it yesterday, on November 26th, 2011? O_o

I bought mine on 4/22/2011 and returned it yesterday 11/26/2011!
    Miso Bill likes this.
    04-27-11 09:01 AM
    Navigating web can be very tricky Too many times you click on ads or other links and another page opens up!
    04-27-11 09:19 AM
    Navigating web can be very tricky Too many times you click on ads or other links and another page opens up!
    also very true.

which brings me back to my "closing tabs is a nightmare" point...
    04-27-11 09:26 AM
    thanks for the feedback

1. i work as a tech admin in webhosting so i need to deal with multiple web-based login panel which sometimes i would like to save the password like ipad/iphone does so i don't need to retype the login again, i'm sure it wouldn't cause problem on regular login sites if you don't logged out

2. i'm looking forward for organized bookmark because of my work background

3. I have tried using ios, the click feel is very nice and accurate, in android it also nice but not very accurate, i wonder if playbook click feel is the same like torch?

i'm having quite a headache choosing between ipad2 / gTab / playbook
    04-27-11 11:55 AM
    I have to log in to most sites every time I visit (Crackberry and gmail are exceptions). I have cookies enabled and have never cleared the cache. Are there any other settings that might be affecting this?
    05-05-11 05:14 AM
    In the new version of the OS you CAN rename the bookmark when you save to the homepage.
    05-05-11 05:28 AM
    In the new version of the OS you CAN rename the bookmark when you save to the homepage.
    I personally dont see how saving bookmarks to the home screen is useful.
    when you navigate from one site to another, who LEAVES the browser, go to the home screen, clicks on the link there to reopen the browser anyway??

I really don't understand how that's an interesting feature. I wanna be able to rename and organize my bookmarks WITHIN the browser!!

heck even if there was a way to edit the bookmark file from a computer when connected to one, I could dig that until they fix the browser. wait, is there??
    05-05-11 06:29 AM
    @nike stars: if you have a torch I would recommend getting th Playbook. Going from a 3.2 in. touch screen to a 7in. would be a amazing upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 07:03 AM
    I personally dont see how saving bookmarks to the home screen is useful.
    when you navigate from one site to another, who LEAVES the browser, go to the home screen, clicks on the link there to reopen the browser anyway??

I really don't understand how that's an interesting feature. I wanna be able to rename and organize my bookmarks WITHIN the browser!!

heck even if there was a way to edit the bookmark file from a computer when connected to one, I could dig that until they fix the browser. wait, is there??
    Do you want a bookmark like this? A bit of html coding could create your own custom bookmark layout though

@nike stars: if you have a torch I would recommend getting th Playbook. Going from a 3.2 in. touch screen to a 7in. would be a amazing upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you, i've added the 16GB one to my blackberry family i had 9780 but it works as companion perfectly
    05-05-11 07:06 AM
    nike.stars:

I've got the same type of table - 3 columns. Originally created for my BB 8830 but since moved to my Kindle3 and now the Playbook.

What I want now is an ASCII/TEXT editor so that I can edit it on the pb. (although, I think someone mentioned you can use a DOC file for the same purpose but I prefer a txt editor to simplify things)
    05-05-11 09:42 AM
    nike.stars:

I've got the same type of table - 3 columns. Originally created for my BB 8830 but since moved to my Kindle3 and now the Playbook.

What I want now is an ASCII/TEXT editor so that I can edit it on the pb. (although, I think someone mentioned you can use a DOC file for the same purpose but I prefer a txt editor to simplify things)
    i did tried to use docs2go but it can't, i've also tried to look for text editor in appworld but no luck so far, i'm thinking about enhancing the html with some js
    05-05-11 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD