I just purchased a case for my PlayBook on eBay using my PlayBook. It worked as easily and smoothly as it does on my computer. I even paid for it using PayPal and it had absolutely no problems. In fact, I had to add an address to PayPal during the process and still no problems. I am very impressed with how easy that was. The PlayBook really will be a laptop alternative unlike the other devices available that are incapable of doing half of what a laptop can do. I cant wait for a couple months from now when RIM fixes all the issues!!
    04-26-11 08:55 PM
    Good to hear. I love ebay, but haven't had a chance to buy anything yet. What case did you get?
    04-26-11 08:59 PM
    Happy Dance! Woohoo!
    04-26-11 10:13 PM
    I'm an eBay powerseller and my Playbook as helped quite a bit. I've list items to sell with the Playbook but when it comes time to add photos from the playbook it doesn't give that option?? Hopefully this will be fixed soon though. I've also noticed that eBay tries to direct you to the mobile site first.
    04-26-11 10:42 PM
    One can hope for a Ebay app.... . I used paypal today with no problems.
    04-26-11 10:45 PM
    no need for an ebay app. As long as they fix the image uploading.
    04-26-11 11:14 PM
    One can hope for a Ebay app.... . I used paypal today with no problems.
    I really don't get why you would want an app. Isn't the point of the full browser to be just like your laptop or desktop? I would much rather use a full browser than an app that doesn't use a device's full potential. I use ebay a lot and love it on the PlayBook browser.
    04-26-11 11:18 PM
    i've used ebay and newegg so far with the playbook and they work flawlessly. it would be nice to be able to create a shortcut for the website on the home screen.
    04-26-11 11:27 PM
    i've used ebay and newegg so far with the playbook and they work flawlessly. it would be nice to be able to create a shortcut for the website on the home screen.
    Couldn't agree more...something tells me this will be coming in a near future update
    04-26-11 11:46 PM
    I was able to use it on my Torch but not as smooth as the Playbook. Obviously id use it on the Playbook though.
    04-27-11 01:53 AM
    Hi! I am constantly having a problem when I am trying to log into my eBay account from PlayBook. It takes several times to log in, and then it doesn't open the links inside the site. It works perfectly with other applications. Does anybody have a similar problem?
    06-17-11 06:58 PM
    I smell fish.
    boldman4 likes this.
    06-17-11 07:07 PM
    When you have the website up, click on the add bookmark icon (star with a little plus) on the toolbar and select 'add to homescreen'. That should give you a shortcut.
    emarti16 likes this.
    06-17-11 07:46 PM
    i've bought off newegg.com, amazon, and a few others no problems. i've even posted on craigslist from my playbook using the bridge with no problems. **** the last time i was in shop right getting a sub i bought a xbox off amazon waiting in line with the bridge browser and god damnet if i didn't have a single issue.
    emarti16 likes this.
    06-17-11 07:49 PM
    Thank you! I've just added eBay to homescreen. It works much faster now. Does anybody know when ATT will start supporting BRIDGE?
    06-17-11 08:06 PM
    Thank you! I've just added eBay to homescreen. It works much faster now. Does anybody know when ATT will start supporting BRIDGE?
    why are you waiting for at&t they take for ever to approve anything. i am on att and have been using all functions of bridge flawlessly and since this last bridge update my bridge browser been working very nicely as well. just do an ota download for bridge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 09:13 PM
    sorry heres the link for bridge:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bl...-links-621230/

06-17-11 09:16 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...settle-623781/

Especially: The Playbook will *never* replace a laptop. Because that's not the purpose of it.

Oh, and ebay apps are better, because you get push messages for your bids etc. and it's faster. Believe it or not.
    06-17-11 10:04 PM
    If you use the short cut a lot, add it to your favourites by holding your finger on the icon until it starts wiggling. When it does, drag it to the favourites tab and it will copy itself and be right there with your other favs (and still in "all").
    06-17-11 10:06 PM
    Hi! What provider are you using for your Torch? ATT? Are they supporting the Bridge?
    06-18-11 12:19 AM
    i am on att, they dont have to support it to work. basically i downloaded the ota and bridge works perfect. att just wont help fix any issues that may arrise but to be honest i dont have much faith in them fixing issues anyway. if you have a problem post hrre and 99% of the time someone can help.

personally recommend downloading from the link and start enjoying the features you paid for, email,tasks, calendar, bbm, memos and my favorite at the moment bridge browser.

Last edited by erandhawa; 06-18-11 at 12:32 AM.
    emarti16 likes this.
    06-18-11 12:30 AM
    i am on att, they dont have to support it to work. basically i downloaded the ota and bridge works perfect. att just wont help fix any issues that may arrise but to be honest i dont have much faith in them fixing issues anyway. if you have a problem post hrre and 99% of the time someone can help.

personally recommend downloading from the link and start enjoying the features you paid for, email,tasks, calendar, bbm, memos and my favorite at the moment bridge browser.

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. What link did for downloading the BRIDGE? Also, where can I download the features that you mentioned: calendar, cntacts, notes, etc. I have all of them in my BB Torch, but I am unable to find them on PlayBook. I would greatly appreciate your help. Also, some sites like eBay are so slow on Playbook. I can get them much faster from my smartphone. Is it normal. I have downloaded the larest software through the computer, but it did not help. Thank you in advance for you reply.
    06-20-11 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD