Hi there CrackBerry people,

I just got my BB Bold 9780 on Monday and I have to say I WAS impressed with it, having been using an iPhone for the last 3 years. But I'm seriously getting really frustrated and pissed off with the phone.

Here's my problem and I really hope someone can help me with solving this.

I seem to be having this recurring problem of the phone freezing when it reboots. Unlike most of the issues I've read, mine actually freezes when the entire loading bar has loaded. And then it just stays there!

I have had to already restore my phone SIX TIMES in the last 5 hours! (Having only owned the phone since Mon at 3pm.)

After having restored the phone, I try to set up my email and am asked to reboot it. I do that and the freaking phone hangs again!

Is there something wrong with my BB or is this a solvable thing?

Why is the phone doing this and driving me absolutely nuts???

Please help me.

Thank you.
    04-26-11 05:15 PM
    Hmmm, very odd. This hasn't happened to me once. It seems like your phone is just a faulty one. You should go back to the store you got it and ask for a new one.

When booting, how long does it keep in the freeze-state?
    04-26-11 05:24 PM
    Hmmm, very odd. This hasn't happened to me once. It seems like your phone is just a faulty one. You should go back to the store you got it and ask for a new one.

When booting, how long does it keep in the freeze-state?
    Well I've just rebooted AGAIN. -_-"

And it's been stuck like this for say... the last 5 mins? It shouldn't be stuck that long right?
    04-26-11 05:26 PM
    Well I've just rebooted AGAIN. -_-"

And it's been stuck like this for say... the last 5 mins? It shouldn't be stuck that long right?
    You should backup your important data (contacts, calendar, memo's, pictures, music etc) and do a security wipe. It shouldn't be hanging there for such a long time.
    This can be solved by wiping the device.
    04-26-11 05:28 PM
    You should backup your important data (contacts, calendar, memo's, pictures, music etc) and do a security wipe. It shouldn't be hanging there for such a long time.
    This can be solved by wiping the device.
    How does one do a wipe? Sorry extremely new to BBs.
    04-26-11 05:31 PM
    How does one do a wipe? Sorry extremely new to BBs.
    Sorry, should've said: Welcome to CB!

FIRST, you'll need to backup your data. Plug your phone in your computer, fire up Blackberry Desktop Manager and click 'Backup'. Do a full backup and don't forget where you stored the backup (by default this is Documents > Blackberry > Backup).

Then, from your home screen typ 'Wipe'. Select the item from the option menu.
    Next, you'll have to typ in 'blackberry' and click 'Wipe'. That's it.
    Once you're done, hook your phone to the computer again and restore your data.
    ariztiong likes this.
    04-26-11 05:41 PM
    Sync ur info to outlook
    Then clean reload ur bb not backing up or restoring info just sync to get the basics back
    Blackberry.com/btsc
    Use kb11320

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ariztiong likes this.
    04-26-11 06:03 PM
    Hi ariz, welcome to CB. It would be wise to bring it to ST and get it exchanged for a new one. If I'm not wrong if it's within 7 days of purchase, you get a new set instead of a refurbished one.

Anyway, download release .534 here. After you wipe your BB, it should reboot and throw you a white screen with an error. Plug it in and install the latest OS, the one which you downloaded.

I don't like using the Desktop Manager for this though. I use BBSAK/BBHybridsTool most of the time.
    04-26-11 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD