I sent a message to @Tweetdeck asking if they planned to have a Playbook version of the app. It seemed natural since Adobe Air is on the PB. Unfortunately I got a message back from one of their people directly who said "No plans for that."

04-26-11 06:09 AM
    And ubersocial told me they are waiting for rim to make blackberry apps run on playbook. So no plans to build a playbook optimized app.
    04-26-11 06:56 AM
    And ubersocial told me they are waiting for rim to make blackberry apps run on playbook. So no plans to build a playbook optimized app.
    that seems rather short sighted, because from the way i understand it, the app players are `sandboxed` so they wouldnt have the same `super app` integration that you currently see on phones, such as being in the messages listings, tweeting pics etc.

iv never been a fan of uber, but i would definitley use tweetdeck as i use that on my pc
    trsbbs likes this.
    04-26-11 07:21 AM
    That is unfortunate. I am hoping one of the big Android Twitter app developers is planning on bringing something to the Playbook. It would be nice if Twitter at least would do something. With the great multitasking it would be great to have a native app.
    04-26-11 09:06 AM
    The problem with Twitter is also that Twitter itself has recently made rather discouraging statements about developing 3rd party Twitter clients. This will probably make anyone think twice before developing a brand new Twitter client on ANY platform as it stands now. This is bad for a platform that doesn't have a Twitter client at all
    04-26-11 09:16 AM
    The problem with Twitter is also that Twitter itself has recently made rather discouraging statements about developing 3rd party Twitter clients. This will probably make anyone think twice before developing a brand new Twitter client on ANY platform as it stands now. This is bad for a platform that doesn't have a Twitter client at all
    yea twitter shot itself in the foot on that one, however from what i read on the matter (which wasnt a huge ammount) it seemed more like `no more API`s for new clients` rather than `you cant expand using your current API` so a dev that already makes a twitter app should (from how i read it) be able to use their current API set for the playbook as long as the app itself is pretty much the same as other platforms, and of course conforms to twitter rules.

again the app player isnt going to give you the `full` experience, so my personal view (even when you cast aside how tweetdeck is made in air so wouldnt be too hard to port over) is anyone thinking that app player apps are going to be as good in terms of device intergration -which is a key part of social apps- as natively designed apps (i.e, NDK/flash/air/webworks) is going to be proven to be grossly wrong. For games and stuff quite possibly, but for items that reqiure intergration into the OS that `sandboxed` apps just wont be able to do, natively built apps will stand far above the rest.
    04-26-11 11:02 AM
    It's their lose. Others will come out with an app for it.

Tim
    04-26-11 11:06 AM
    We (IceyApps) are trying to make a Twitter app, it's going better than our MSN app (but that's because we are waiting on Microsoft to accept the app with there service) hopfully it won't be to long till we get it complete, if you go to http://IceyApp.com/twitter you can view the mock ups of the design, I will post them on the fourms at some point for feedback, but feel free to take a look and PM me with any suggestion.
    04-26-11 11:37 AM
    We (IceyApps) are trying to make a Twitter app, it's going better than our MSN app (but that's because we are waiting on Microsoft to accept the app with there service) hopfully it won't be to long till we get it complete, if you go to http://IceyApp.com/twitter you can view the mock ups of the design, I will post them on the fourms at some point for feedback, but feel free to take a look and PM me with any suggestion.
    Link doesn't work...
    04-26-11 04:31 PM
    Link doesn't work...
    just put an 's' before the '.com'
    04-26-11 05:26 PM
    I am crushed. I was hopping to see an uber app for the Playbook soon.
    I do not enjoy my twitter web experience on the playbook.
    04-26-11 06:45 PM
    We'll see more of these apps when they realize exactly how many playbooks are being sold
    04-26-11 09:45 PM
    I sent a message to @Tweetdeck asking if they planned to have a Playbook version of the app. It seemed natural since Adobe Air is on the PB. Unfortunately I got a message back from one of their people directly who said "No plans for that."

I got the same response. I've been waiting for an invite for their web base version too, so I decided to explore other options. I've been using Seesmic since. Their website works well on the PB. Check it out:

https://seesmic.com/products/web
    04-27-11 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD