I cannot watch youtube videos on my 9780. It has the latest OS on it and I can not go 3 seconds without any video "buffering" and then hanging on the buffering. I never had this issue with older os or on my 9700. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix or workaround I am not aware of? I have tried both the Youtube button on the phone and going directly the their mobile site. It is impossible to watch a video. Can anyone help? This should not be happing on a device like this. Thanks in advance to all those that take the time to reply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 01:02 AM
    my 9700 has been doing the same lately. i almost think it has been since i loaded the newest ver. of os6
    cant seem to find a fix for it either...
    04-26-11 01:20 AM
    I had that happeen to me on my 9780 OS6 but it was because my carrier slowed down my data since I went over my limit. That could be why you're having that happen to you too.

04-26-11 04:55 AM
    Well I called my carrier. No issues on their end. I am well under my limit. Given that I have a 500mb plan, they indicated they wouldn't slow down my data transmission, I would just have to pay for any overage. My son has unlimited given he's always social networking....but the tech team said that even his data is within reasonable limits. They gave me a few workaround things to try....one of them is deleting the Youtube app altogether then trying the mobile site from the browser. I do note that this issue started 6.0.0.448 and my phone with the shipped (older os6) with the Youtube app already installed. They suggested it could be a bug with the new os and the older youtube app?

Anyways...going to uninstall the youtube app and then re-try. This is really bugging me.
    04-26-11 09:20 AM
    So far so good? I deleted the Youtube app altogether and tried watching by just going to the mobile site. All is good with 3G...watched an entire clip with only a slight 2 second buffering prompt at the start....the video streamed seamlessly over 3G.

I don't have wifi here at the office so I'll test it out at home over my wifi network to see if it works fine.
    04-26-11 09:53 AM
    All good.... I removed the YouTube app that came shipped with the phone. I can now stream youtube by simply going to the mobile Youtube site with the browser. Seems there was a conflict with latest os upgrade and the exisiting Youtube app.

All working well now on 3G and on my wifi network.
    04-26-11 02:49 PM
    I have been trying it over 3G and it hasn't been working
    04-27-11 09:01 AM
    and you have 3g? hmmm. is there a lot of memory on the phone?? try taking the battery out and see if that helps. i hate buffering! it's 2011... buffering should be a thing of the past!
    04-27-11 11:49 PM
    I solved clearing cache in the browser options.
    04-28-11 04:25 AM
    I always get that buffering thing. Will clearing the browser cache really help?

04-29-11 12:35 AM
    Clearing the browser doesn't really help. I've tried it many times. It makes YouTube work only sometimes. It's only a semi-temporary cure. It's not even a carrier issue for some. The YouTube application on the BlackBerry is simply rubbish. Look at the one on the iPhone or Android, it's decent. No problems on wi-fi though. I can't always watch the videos I want. Some videos by VEVO for example say they are not supported so cannot be played. Application sucks.
    05-02-11 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD