I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 from T-Mobile. I upgraded to OS 6.0 and since then my camera has not worked. I called T-Mobile and they sent me a replacement phone. I backed up my phone and followed the instructions to transfer all the info to my new phone, that part worked perfectly. However, my camera still doesn't work. Of course, customer service has no idea how to help me and they want to replace this phone as well...really?? Any ideas on how to get my camera to work again?

Michele
    04-25-11 08:50 PM
    no error message...when i push the track pad button to take a picture it starts to focus in like it's going to take a picture and then nothing happens
    04-26-11 09:01 PM
    Have you tried taking pictures with the convenience key? In the camera, press hard the right convenience key for as long as it needs to take the picture. Also, try to push the trackpad, again, for as long as it takes to take the picture, dont just tap it.
    04-27-11 03:21 AM
    Have you tried taking pictures with the convenience key? In the camera, press hard the right convenience key for as long as it needs to take the picture. Also, try to push the trackpad, again, for as long as it takes to take the picture, dont just tap it.
    The right side convenience key is a two step key. Push it in a little and the camera will focus. Then you need to push it in further in order to snap the picture. The trackpad should focus and then snap the pisture in one press.
    04-27-11 04:48 AM
    You can press the convenience key in one shot without pressing it lightly first, and it will take the picture right on after doing the auto focus. The first step is just to prepare the shutter, useful for taking moving shots or or while waiting for an exact moment.

I only suggested that since he seems to be having problems taking pictures with two different cellphones, which shouldn't occur. He has to have something in his phone that's causing this, its not a normal behavior in the 9700, let alone in two 9700. In any case, it may probably affect trackpad behavior, while the convenience may work, or not work at all. He may also try to using the enter key to take pictures, if all three ways fail, then its something with his data, either a third party app or a database.

One way to discard software issue, is by completely wiping the device and install the latest version of OS6, and not restoring any data before testing the camera. But then, he has to know how to backup third party apps, since they are not backed up by DM.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-27-11 at 05:04 AM.
    04-27-11 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD