Ok, I have been following all of the info on the playbook since it was announced last year. I have been a BB user and lover for 5 or 6 years now and this is the tablet that I want!!! It is very disappointing to watch all of the reviews and to read through the forums to see all of the downsides to what I was hoping would be the anser to my prayers..I am a real estate agent and a tablet is definitely my next purchase..and it will be the playbook but I was hoping it would have more out of the box...I don't want to wait any longer but at this point it seems like a waste of money...not to mention I have At&t so the bridge will be blocked unless I do a work around (think I saw something for that) anyway, I am just looking for some good positive feedback from business users...I don't want to hear any crap troll reply..should I buy now or wait for improvements??????
    04-25-11 08:43 PM
    How are you wanting or expecting to use it? i did surf some realtor websites this weekend and was able to enter mls numbers to view properties. I was using 3G. I have a bold 9700 on T Mobile.

Tell us how u are wanting to use the device that will help others give you a better idea if it will work for you.
    04-25-11 08:49 PM
    sprint should be releasing 4G sometime next month..most likely first week of may.
    04-25-11 08:55 PM
    I think you're in luck if you're looking for realty apps. Realtor.com just came out with an iPad app today, so they'll probably make one for my playbook fairly soon. I've read the iPad version is top notch.
    04-25-11 08:56 PM
    real estate apps is a definite...especially if they have one like the iPad does, which you can create floor plans and property files....It will be a must that I can search my MLS..I am tired and lugging around my laptop from work to home so I am getting a tablet for that and for on the go...I use docs to go premium on my 9700 and it would be great if that were the same on the PB...I am really interested in using the HDMI out for sales meetings...email client..not sure if that will effect me until I get to use it...the only thing that concerns me really is if there will be apps available for my use (real estate) currently for my bold there isn't any that benefit me so that may be something that bothers me the most...I am a die hard BB guy and a lot of realtors in my area have moved to apple or android and it seems that there isn't much out there for BB regarding real estate
    04-25-11 09:08 PM
    Start emailing sites that have an iPad app that you like and see if they plan to make a PB version or Android version(if the repack is quick simple many may be willing to repack their android version for PB)
    04-25-11 09:17 PM
    i thought sprint was droping 3g ?
    04-25-11 09:27 PM
    Nope, it's 4g.
    04-25-11 09:42 PM
    any idea on the monthly charge? like 60?
    04-25-11 09:44 PM
    First off do not go just by the reviews online buddy. Go out there and play with one before you decide it is not for you. I myself as a proudly self confessed BB lover was skeptical after reading all the reviews from even Kevin himself. I did however know I wanted a 7" device and this was my obvious first choice. I went to Best Buy, played with it for about 5 mins and bought it online (for Amex points) as soon as I got back to work. Try it first.

Now this real estate app really intrigues me. I am currently half heartedly shopping for a house. I would really prefer to move away from this state but who knows/
    04-25-11 09:45 PM
    Ok, I have been following all of the info on the playbook since it was announced last year. I have been a BB user and lover for 5 or 6 years now and this is the tablet that I want!!! It is very disappointing to watch all of the reviews and to read through the forums to see all of the downsides to what I was hoping would be the anser to my prayers..I am a real estate agent and a tablet is definitely my next purchase..and it will be the playbook but I was hoping it would have more out of the box...I don't want to wait any longer but at this point it seems like a waste of money...not to mention I have At&t so the bridge will be blocked unless I do a work around
    You know it's not illegal to use a BB phone and an iPad or Android tablet. In fact with no BBM or native Email support, the PB does not offer a particularly BB experience. It's not like tablets are one handed devices either, and they all have touch screen keyboards.

OTOH if you want a mobile browser which supports flash, the PB is your tablet.
    04-25-11 09:51 PM
    First off do not go just by the reviews online buddy. Go out there and play with one before you decide it is not for you. I myself as a proudly self confessed BB lover was skeptical after reading all the reviews from even Kevin himself. I did however know I wanted a 7" device and this was my obvious first choice. I went to Best Buy, played with it for about 5 mins and bought it online (for Amex points) as soon as I got back to work. Try it first.

Now this real estate app really intrigues me. I am currently half heartedly shopping for a house. I would really prefer to move away from this state but who knows/
    I did go to my local radio shack and played around on it for a bit...it does seem to be what I am looking for....the size is great for me...other tablets are a bit too big...I guess my only concern is the unknown time frame for all of the updates that I'm sure will make the device even better.
    04-25-11 10:03 PM
    You know it's not illegal to use a BB phone and an iPad or Android tablet. In fact with no BBM or native Email support, the PB does not offer a particularly BB experience. It's not like tablets are one handed devices either, and they all have touch screen keyboards.

OTOH if you want a mobile browser which supports flash, the PB is your tablet.
    Flash is a GREAT advantage...my mom has an iPad and I for some reason can't get into liking it...I don't like the browser and it seems that everything is a little on the kiddy side for me..plus it's a little big for my liking

the only reason I even would consider an iPad right now is price point...I can get a 64g wifi only for $549...
    Last edited by Last Resort; 04-25-11 at 10:08 PM.
    04-25-11 10:05 PM
    Best Buy has a 14 day return policy with no restocking fee. It's essentially a free-trial period if you play it right. So, If you have a BlackBerry, I would try it. Do the workaround for the Bridge and see if it works for you. If you don't have a BB, then the "wait and see" approach is better for you.

I know you said you don't want to wait any longer, but be honest with yourself, you've gone without a tablet for how long? Is a few more weeks really going to make that big of a difference? You could get an iPad and see the Playbook grow into a tablet much more suited for you, or you could get a Playbook and see RIM fall through on their promises. Which would be worse, waiting to buy for a few more weeks, or regretting your $600 purchase in a few more weeks?
    04-25-11 11:19 PM
    Best Buy has a 14 day return policy with no restocking fee. It's essentially a free-trial period if you play it right. So, If you have a BlackBerry, I would try it. Do the workaround for the Bridge and see if it works for you. If you don't have a BB, then the "wait and see" approach is better for you.

I know you said you don't want to wait any longer, but be honest with yourself, you've gone without a tablet for how long? Is a few more weeks really going to make that big of a difference? You could get an iPad and see the Playbook grow into a tablet much more suited for you, or you could get a Playbook and see RIM fall through on their promises. Which would be worse, waiting to buy for a few more weeks, or regretting your $600 purchase in a few more weeks?
    Very good points...I wasn't aware of the 14 return policy...looks like I will be purchasing a PB and trying it out! thanks for all of the feedback
    04-26-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD