For those in BC/Canada, there has been a number of new apps posted for various papers across the country. I've downloaded the Province, National Post, and The Sun. Two of the three apps have a bug in it, one works fine.

Both the Province and The Sun app load and then at the middle of the page, you will see the following (its sometype of coding bug):

100%
    updateready
    publicationloading
    publicationloaded
    appready.

This message then covers the top of the screen with the text of the newspaper hidden underneath it. I've been able to swipe it away a few times but it reappears when you click on a news article.

The National Post app, in contrast, runs beautifully and has a nice interface to access the articles. No bugs noticed at all using the app. Very smooth.
    04-25-11 08:39 PM
    this app won't run on my PB - opens at main page then screen turns white and that's it. ???
    04-29-11 09:19 AM
    Apps work fine for me.

HOwever how do I change the location for the embedded weather in the top right corner?

Right now it shows Regina when I am in vancouver
    05-18-11 05:27 PM
    Only thing I don't like about the National post app is that you can't email articles.
    05-18-11 05:39 PM
    I had the Province and Sun apps downloaded and it kept updating itself twice a day for a week and then I started getting two of the same apps! Made me crazy, so I deleted them and just went directly to the newspapers' websites and read my newspapers that way. Or you can bookmark Canada.com and get whatever national newspapers are available on line.

I have the NP on my phone but since I don't use it enough I'm debating whether to download onto my PB.
    05-18-11 06:53 PM
    Right now it shows Regina when I am in vancouver
    Local papers showing local weather... makes sense. I doubt that'll change soon but maybe if we request it? I have had positive experiences with these apps, and no issues as others have described since the first day they were available (when they were a bit buggy and laggy). Most of them have had at least one update. NP had one today.
    05-18-11 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD