I picked up a Blackberry Playbook Journal Case today at Staples. I had ordered the Convertible Case from Best Buy (pre-order still not arrived yet) and after using my Playbook for the last 5 days, I decided that the convertible case looked too bulky.

Journal Case review: I like it quite a bit. The case is a basic leather folder with a fairly thick rubber skin for the Playbook built into it. The pros: nice feel to the hand when carrying, easy to flip it open and use the Playbook in hand while walking. You can also flip it open and wrap the elastic closure around the reversed front and it makes a nice slightly sloped table platform that way for easier typing. Cons: A bit tough to hit the power and volume buttons through the thick rubber, but not unusable. Can't mount into rapid charger while in the case, but I didn't really expect to be able to.
    04-25-11 07:00 PM
    I've had mine for a couple of days, and the rubber covering the buttons seems to be loosning up a bit.

Also, lets not forget, it looks _slick_ :P

Loving mine over here.
    04-25-11 07:12 PM
    i bought mine today from staples,i didnt like the material of the convertible case (the leather looked and felt too plain, i like the feel of the jewel case). plus i won't be feeling the heat around the bb logo on the back of the device anymore, it was driving me crazy...hopefully it wont explode in my hands lol.
    04-25-11 07:51 PM
    I got this case too - so far I would recommend it. Nice sturdy build and easy to carry with out too much extra bulk but at the same time adding good protection to the PB. Feels like you are carrying a book - no pun intended. Also my PB had a very slight wobble to it when laid flat so the case sorted that out. My only gripe is that when you lay it down with the flap folded back to give yourself a nice typing angle the BlackBerry logo is upside down (but who cares - ).
    04-25-11 09:53 PM
    I got this case too - so far I would recommend it. Nice sturdy build and easy to carry with out too much extra bulk but at the same time adding good protection to the PB. Feels like you are carrying a book - no pun intended. Also my PB had a very slight wobble to it when laid flat so the case sorted that out. My only gripe is that when you lay it down with the flap folded back to give yourself a nice typing angle the BlackBerry logo is upside down (but who cares - ).
    i had mine set that way today and my mom was visiting. she asked me why they put the blackberry logo on it upside down and i said, "well RIM knows that Blackberry owners can read upside down, so they printed it that way for the guy on the other side of the table using his iPad!"
    04-25-11 11:04 PM
    i got mine from staples wednesday and i love it
    04-25-11 11:16 PM
    I have one, too. I really like it!
    04-26-11 08:03 AM
    Thanks for this review. I've been holding out to see if people liked it. I'll have to get one!
    04-26-11 08:08 AM
    anyone know which stores in Canada have this case in stock? Every Staples, BestBuy, Futureshop, Source, Walmart, Bell location I went so far doesn't carry it.
    I am north of the GTA.

Thanks

AR
    04-28-11 05:14 PM
    I bought mine at Staples today in Kingston. Come visit..they had 2 more
    04-28-11 05:41 PM
    I bought one because of this thread a few days ago from Staples. Awesome case!
    04-28-11 05:51 PM
    I have had mine for three days and love it. Well made and seemingly sturdy. Easy to hold and carry. before I used it I felt my PB was very exposed and subject to damage, much more comfortable handling my PB now. Very professional look as well, looks like a elegant thin book or a planner (...or, a journal). I'm keeping it.
    04-28-11 06:29 PM
    anyone know which stores in Canada have this case in stock? Every Staples, BestBuy, Futureshop, Source, Walmart, Bell location I went so far doesn't carry it.
    I am north of the GTA.

Thanks

AR
    i just tried Future shop and BB in Newmarket. Had all but this case.
    loonix likes this.
    04-28-11 07:33 PM
    I ordered off Shop BlackBerry because of a promo code but it's backordered. I really liked the look of this case, though, especially since eBook reading will be one of my most frequent uses of my PlayBook, and thanks for the thread to reinforce that it's a quality case.
    04-28-11 07:48 PM
    I ordered off Shop BlackBerry because of a promo code but it's backordered. I really liked the look of this case, though, especially since eBook reading will be one of my most frequent uses of my PlayBook, and thanks for the thread to reinforce that it's a quality case.
    Did the same here. I got pretty annoyed with them since when I ordered, it was listed as "Ships within 1 to 2 business days." So much for that. 1 week and counting.
    worthmining likes this.
    04-28-11 07:50 PM
    I am north of the GTA.

Thanks

AR
    Just picked one up from staples on yonge street north of rosedale ttc. They still have 1 more left.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 03:22 PM
    Leaf Black | TREXTA -

look at this one
    04-29-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD