Just thought i would let everyone know i received my new otterbox case today for my playbook and man is it awesome. This case fits like a glove and gives me piece of mind when carrying it around now. For those of you considering different cases this is the one you all want and it had its famous anti glare screen protector and antislip silicone guad with portable stand. If you want more feel free to ask and i will answer!
    04-25-11 06:30 PM
    04-25-11 06:33 PM
    Thanks for your positive review. I have one on the way!
    04-25-11 06:49 PM
    can you post some pics? thanks.
    04-25-11 06:51 PM
    Would you mind posting a pic of the PB in the Otterbox case? I am curious to see how it looks inside the case. Thanks!
    04-25-11 06:51 PM
    there is actually a good pic on otterbox.com that is better than any pic i could post, but i will try
    04-25-11 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the post... I was debating on which case to get.
    04-25-11 07:09 PM
    I've had mine on order....can't wait to get it
    04-25-11 07:15 PM
    I have an otterbox on my blackberry and that thing is a tank. My berry would have been destroyed 10 times over by now. Only question is on the screen protector. Do you love it or does it get in the way in any way?
    04-25-11 07:58 PM
    What is your take on the viewing angle while the stand is out? One CB reviewer said it was fine. I'd like to get more opinions 'cause the OB images make it look like it tilts up pretty high. I'm sure that's fine for placing on a desk when you're close and looking down, but I'm planning to set it on the front center console for kids in the back seat.

Other convertible seem to offer a more direct angle.
    04-25-11 08:09 PM
    i have found that the screen protector has no play in how it opperates, still really smooth and virtually no loss at all. As for the stand i have found that you can place your playbook on either side of stand have 2 different viewing options. One is a little more elevated and the other is a little more reclined.
    04-25-11 08:19 PM
    Can the charger plug fit with the Otterbox in the stand-up position?

Trying to order one, but the damn Otterbox site says my address is invalid and customer support isn't responding. I hate the automated address verification on web commerce pages...

I'm using the Blackberry folio case but it's a bit clumsy to use the device with it on. Plus it has to be open when charging.
    Last edited by TBacker; 04-25-11 at 08:40 PM.
    04-25-11 08:37 PM
    Did you order it from the Otterbox site? If so, how long before you got it?

I ordered one yesterday and have yet to receive an email about shipping status.
    04-25-11 08:53 PM
    Does the screen protector that comes with it cover the whole face of the playbook or just the 7� screen?
    04-25-11 09:02 PM
    I ordered the case on Friday afternoon and paid for super saver shipping and got it today. the screen itself does cover the entire screen and there are vents for the speakers. All in all its a great case and it will make you feel very secure.
    uptownnate likes this.
    04-25-11 09:30 PM
    for those of you looking for the otterbox case you can purchase them online at otterbox.com and the shipping is fast also. i got mine in 3 days over the Easter holiday with no problems at all.
    04-26-11 10:52 AM
    Can the charger plug fit with the Otterbox in the stand-up position?
    the charger plug will fit in the lower stand position. You just have to fold the rubber flap back.

I only got it this morning, but so far I really like it. I have purchased and returned 3 other cases and this one is the best so far. I think it is going to be the one I keep.

04-26-11 12:11 PM
    Did you have a problem putting it in the case... its like mine is WAY too small for it
    05-03-11 12:15 AM
    Don't get me wrong I LOVE all the Otterbox defender cases (had 2 for different bb's) and the PB case does look slick! The deal breaker for me was the fact that the "shield" had to be snapped on and off every time and to use it as a stand actually requires 2 hands and some aligning. It would be just too much hassle to snap on and off every time i wanted to use it, that kinda defeats the ease of access for the device (in my view).

I chose the OEM convertible case because I can just flip the cover on or off like a book and everything stays attached without having to remove any parts! and the stand angles work perfectly for me!!
    05-03-11 12:24 AM
    Snug fit, but a good fit - no problems with assembly. The only beef that I had (which I fixed) is the silicone shell wasn't wrapping all the way around the left side (wouldn't "snap" into place around the lip) -- I removed it and reinstalled it and stretched it to where it needed to go.

Adds quite a bit of bulk, but I don't mind. I can always remove it in a matter of seconds if desired. Just gotta make sure I wipe down the screen before reattaching the membrane!
    05-03-11 01:22 AM
    Love the case but hate the screen protector. It really sucks when using the device in the heat...
    Last edited by Lucky45; 05-05-11 at 12:54 AM.
    05-04-11 04:25 PM
    Love the case but hate the screen protector really sucks when using the device in the heat...
    How so? What happens? Or does it just get very hot?
    05-04-11 04:47 PM
    How so? What happens? Or does it just get very hot?
    No, the outside heat effects the touch screen ability.
    05-04-11 04:56 PM
    the charger plug will fit in the lower stand position. You just have to fold the rubber flap back.

I only got it this morning, but so far I really like it. I have purchased and returned 3 other cases and this one is the best so far. I think it is going to be the one I keep.

it will fit in either position if you flip it over with the plug up. Most people probably won't realize the stand isn't actually attached to the case - the removable cover/stand snaps off and the case simply rests on the stand. Slick!
    05-04-11 08:02 PM
    Tried this case but find its too bulky and too heavy, kind of defeats the purpose of the smaller form factor for me, too bulky to fit in my cargo pant pocket and too heavy. Taking it out of the case is quite a workout.
    05-04-11 08:06 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD