Well, you may or may not know, but some "very reliable" sources are claiming that RIM has made a last minuite plan to only announce this phone at their blackberry world event next week.

What are your thoughts on this?

Great as they may be putting it all into this phone to really launch it?

Maybe you think it's a bad move by rim as it's the perfect opportunity to announce the other lined up phones?

What's your thoughts?

The link is here for anyone wanting it: RIM to announce only one phone at BlackBerry World? | BGR
    Last edited by Chaz720; 04-26-11 at 01:21 PM.
    04-25-11 06:04 PM
    I have not read this but, if this is true it would be disappointing. Even though I am interested in the Touch I would think this would be a great time to showcase as many phones as possible. It isn't surprising given the 9700 AT&T model has been unavailable (at least online) for some time. This will be a long week!
    04-25-11 10:30 PM
    I completely agree with you.

And yes, even BGR themselves reported this.
    04-26-11 03:27 AM

That IS the source of this rumour. You make it sound as if these sources told YOU.

We'll see. Personally, it's the only phone I care about, but RIM really should announce more than one phone or something is definitely wrong with their development team.
    04-26-11 07:56 AM
    Aren't they at/past EOL on several devices soon?
    04-26-11 09:05 AM
    RIM should bring out all off the new phones at the BBW event.
    04-26-11 09:22 AM
    If they don't announce, at the very least, the Bold Touch, the Touch, and the refreshed Curve then it will be nothing but another sign of ineptness from RIM.

Biggest event for RIM this year and they will have one device to introduce? Yikes. They need to stop the bleeding in the mobile phone market....and that wouldn't get it done.
    04-26-11 09:23 AM
    If they don't announce, at the very least, the Bold Touch, the Touch, and the refreshed Curve then it will be nothing but another sign of ineptness from RIM.

Biggest event for RIM this year and they will have one device to introduce? Yikes. They need to stop the bleeding in the mobile phone market....and that wouldn't get it done.
    I agree, I just cannot see this happening. Now, could it be that they will announce all three, and add in a launch announcement for one...Well that could be!
    04-26-11 09:52 AM

BGR reported that they would be announcing the curve touch, not the bold touch. They said nothing about that phone being the only phone they would be announcing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 11:08 AM
    BGR reported that they would be announcing the curve touch, not the bold touch. They said nothing about that phone being the only phone they would be announcing.

wrong.. check the dates of the articles you read. the latest update from BGR is that the bold touch is the one phone being announced.
    04-26-11 11:40 AM
    wrong.. check the dates of the articles you read. the latest update from BGR is that the bold touch is the one phone being announced.
    You're right, my bad!

04-26-11 12:49 PM
    You're right, my bad!

Thanks lol.

Ill edit the thread to include the link for anyone else..
    04-26-11 01:20 PM
    I saw this earlier, but I'm still not convinced the Boy Genius has accurate information. I think we should wait until BlackBerry World before we condemn RIM.

Although, no one is happy to hear this...that should be noted...

04-26-11 03:04 PM
    I think RIM's biggest key is not only announcing the various models but, getting them out the door! If they wait to ship they could lose momentum to Apple who has their WWDC in June. I would think it would be to RIM's advantage to announce next week and start shipping ASAP. Mind you they propably won't release everything at once but, I would at least like to see some dates. Any thoughts?
    04-26-11 04:03 PM
    I think RIM's biggest key is not only announcing the various models but, getting them out the door! If they wait to ship they could lose momentum to Apple who has their WWDC in June. I would think it would be to RIM's advantage to announce next week and start shipping ASAP. Mind you they propably won't release everything at once but, I would at least like to see some dates. Any thoughts?

I never thought about that. But I think you're right. Apple will steal the show if they release too close to the same time.

bGR may be wrong, I hope they are. I'm struggling to find a good reason as to why rim may be thinking of only announcing the bold touch. By announcing all at the same time, it will leave people walking away thinking what a great year ahead rim are going to have and hopefully boost their publicity.
    04-26-11 04:12 PM
    Doesn't look like Apple is announcing a phone this June so RIM best take advantage because come September-ish when Apple does announce the iPhone 5 there goes any hope of attention.
    04-26-11 05:51 PM
    dooodads,

Even if a new iPhone is delayed until fall a new iOS announcement in June could still take some momentum. Regardless, I think RIM needs to do whatever they can to release at least one device before June.
    04-26-11 08:42 PM
    dooodads,

Even if a new iPhone is delayed until fall a new iOS announcement in June could still take some momentum. Regardless, I think RIM needs to do whatever they can to release at least one device before June.
    You're telling me! I can't wait for iOS5 (for my ipad), should be epic.
    04-26-11 09:46 PM

I think it depends on release dates for the various models, assuming that they are going to want the more expensive models in the shops first and they have an earlier release date then I would be fine with them not showing the new curve because it would be done for sensible reasons and not due to them being inept.
    04-27-11 03:14 AM
    I think this will be a consideration about which devices they announce, they will be somewhat constrained by carrier approval processes, but they will know roughly when this will be due to be completed and you have to think that if anything is not due to be approved before the end of June then it won't be announced as otherwise it is probably too far off.
    04-27-11 03:20 AM
    I heard a rumor that the bold touch aka dakota won't be at bbw.

04-27-11 06:31 AM
    I heard a rumor that the bold touch aka dakota won't be at bbw.
    Source? Link?
    04-27-11 06:38 AM
    some guy said the same thing if you read the earlier comments, but he says since then, speculation about only bold touch started. So that info is newer.
    04-27-11 10:09 AM
    lol i heard blackberry is done making phone and are now making cars and bbw is now a car show.

smh..
    04-27-11 12:48 PM
    lol i heard blackberry is done making phone and are now making cars and bbw is now a car show.

smh..
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA. No.
    04-27-11 02:31 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD