Don't know if anyone posted this yet:

Google Talk
    http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/popout

No voice or video but the chat works.

Note that after you choose a contact the text field is at the bottom and you have to scroll down or zoom out to get to it.
    dcburke789, arlenritchie and zynks like this.
    04-25-11 04:06 PM
    interesting... im assuming this is all web based. do you get notifications when someone messages you?
    04-25-11 04:32 PM
    Only within the browser
    04-25-11 04:37 PM
    We're proud owners of these tablets; each has two hd cameras but still does not have even one app to voicechat or to videochat. (Torch is included in this sarcastic reality in Canada!)
    04-29-11 10:25 PM
    iGoogle also works and you can use google chat
    04-29-11 11:05 PM
    We're proud owners of these tablets; each has two hd cameras but still does not have even one app to voicechat or to videochat. (Torch is included in this sarcastic reality in Canada!)
    Can we not use this one?
    BlackBerry App World - Adobe� Connect™ Mobile
    04-29-11 11:08 PM
    BlackBerry Playbook has video chat pre-installed, but the other person must have a playbook as far as I know
    05-02-12 04:05 PM
    BlackBerry Playbook has video chat pre-installed, but the other person must have a playbook as far as I know
    ...which in my case adds up to one person - if I count myself
    05-02-12 04:44 PM
    New gtalk, Facebook and MSN Live messenger. Its called MyFunPeeps
    05-17-12 07:01 AM
    Sorry forgot to add the download link :P

Download Link for MyFunPeeps
    05-17-12 07:02 AM
    New gtalk, Facebook and MSN Live messenger. Its called MyFunPeeps
    I can't see from the screen caps, but I have a question...

When looking up the contacts, do I have to go to each chat app to see who has access to that chat program or can I pull up one central contact list that has something (icons, dropdown, whatever) by the contact name with what chat app they have access to?

This is something I've been mulling over for a while. I would *love* one chat app that consolidates everything into one view and lets me pick how I want to contact people. If they contact me and I reply, just reply with whatever chat program they contacted me with...

I *hate* having to have so many different apps / notifications just to stay in touch with people...drives me nuts.
    05-17-12 07:30 AM
    Don't know if anyone posted this yet:

Google Talk
    http://talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/popout

No voice or video but the chat works.

Note that after you choose a contact the text field is at the bottom and you have to scroll down or zoom out to get to it.
    Does this link still work? Just get a blank pages when I try to click on the link.
    05-17-12 07:35 AM
    Does this link still work? Just get a blank pages when I try to click on the link.
    Are you on wifi? If not that is what happens.
    05-17-12 08:07 AM
    I can't see from the screen caps, but I have a question...

When looking up the contacts, do I have to go to each chat app to see who has access to that chat program or can I pull up one central contact list that has something (icons, dropdown, whatever) by the contact name with what chat app they have access to?

This is something I've been mulling over for a while. I would *love* one chat app that consolidates everything into one view and lets me pick how I want to contact people. If they contact me and I reply, just reply with whatever chat program they contacted me with...

I *hate* having to have so many different apps / notifications just to stay in touch with people...drives me nuts.
    @MountainProud
    You want to say that you do not want icons to be displayed on the home screen and you should be able to see all the contacts (gtalk msn and facebook) on the home screen ?

I am the developer of this application so I would like to know if thats what you want I can customize it for you.
    05-17-12 11:15 AM
    Imagine having one chat program that connects to all others.

In this program you have one contacts list, not one for gTalk, Facebook, BBM, .... just one that is linked to your actual contact list.

Beside each contacts name is a series of icons that depict what chat applications that they subscribe to, for instance if I scroll down to my wife I would see a Facebook icon, GTalk icon, and Windows Messenger. In the bottom right of the icon is maybe a red / green light depicting if they are online or not.

To chat with my wife, I click her name and the chat program that she is currently signed into pulls up (Using previous example, lets say that Facebook and GTalk get pulled up but not Windows messenger because she's not signed into Windows Messenger). I select the method for chatting with her and type my message.

Vice-a-versa I get a chat from my brother using GTalk. In a consolidated list of applications his name pops up with a GTalk icon beside his name. To reply I just click the message and reply...no need to say which app I'm using because I'll just use the same one he pinged me with.

I would think this would look slick. In my head on the BB10 device when clicking on the application you see your open conversations by default, a slide from right to left shows your contacts....
    matthewgreyling likes this.
    05-17-12 11:59 AM
    05-17-12 01:41 PM
    i tried that on my phone, but every chat has it's own contact list...
    05-17-12 01:46 PM
    Are you on wifi? If not that is what happens.
    Posted here immediately afterwards so I must have been. Just tried again before I posted this time too.
    05-17-12 06:41 PM
    Download boat browser mini than go to Google talks website download the plug in and when you open the setup file it will say action not supported.

Good luck hope it helps you make the plugin work.
    Thanks,
    Saahil Jaffer
    05-23-12 04:26 PM
    Imagine having one chat program that connects to all others.

In this program you have one contacts list, not one for gTalk, Facebook, BBM, .... just one that is linked to your actual contact list.

Beside each contacts name is a series of icons that depict what chat applications that they subscribe to, for instance if I scroll down to my wife I would see a Facebook icon, GTalk icon, and Windows Messenger. In the bottom right of the icon is maybe a red / green light depicting if they are online or not.

To chat with my wife, I click her name and the chat program that she is currently signed into pulls up (Using previous example, lets say that Facebook and GTalk get pulled up but not Windows messenger because she's not signed into Windows Messenger). I select the method for chatting with her and type my message.

Vice-a-versa I get a chat from my brother using GTalk. In a consolidated list of applications his name pops up with a GTalk icon beside his name. To reply I just click the message and reply...no need to say which app I'm using because I'll just use the same one he pinged me with.

I would think this would look slick. In my head on the BB10 device when clicking on the application you see your open conversations by default, a slide from right to left shows your contacts....
    You want so much use umarmukthar.surti's app you want almost impossible
    05-23-12 04:41 PM
    Well besides bbm and not sure about the rest on a pc anyway yahoo messenger works with windows live and visa versa. There is imo.im and others that include most messengers.
    05-23-12 04:47 PM
    Dear All,
    I purchased blackberry playbook wifi keeping mind to use video chat to talk my friends and family on skype or oovoo. but nothing is working on playbook. I feel very sad to know it does not support any other video chat application except its own video chat, no cross platform video chat. then I understood why RIM brought down the prices of playbook to lowest level. I don't know when RIM introduces cross plate form video chat for playbook users..
    12-06-12 10:26 PM
    altafbalouch, You could use this AV by AOL - Let's video chat! to video chat with friends and family. So I've heard.
    12-06-12 10:43 PM
    There is also Reelportal - which use to be free.
    12-06-12 11:13 PM
    One composite word: FaceFlow.

Create your account, forward your link, video chat away.

Multiplatform app coming Q1/13 (BB10 included).
    12-07-12 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD