I made the mistake of installing Blackberry Protect on my Verizon Tour, with OS 4.x. It crashed the phone and gave me a deathly "reload software" message. I dutifully did so, downloading the latest software (OS 5.x) for my Verizon Tour. After doing so, I realized that Memo Pad and Tasks are not included with OS 5. I just spoke to a Verizon customer service person who confirmed that this is the case.

I have tried all the suggestions in this forum and others for getting back Memo Pad and Tasks, but the bottom line seems to be that they are not included in OS 5 and can't be installed separately on a Blackberry running OS 5. Has anyone else confirmed that this is true? How can this be? Does RIM not want to market Blackberry to the corporate world anymore? My colleagues and I rely heavily on our Outlook Notes and Tasks, and need them to be synchronized on our Blackberries. My next smartphone cannot be a Blackberry if I can't get my Outlook notes and tasks on my phone. I would love to know if anyone else has figured out how to synchronize their Outlook notes and tasks with OS 5.
    04-25-11 10:49 AM
    i have bold 9700 with OS5.0( when got the phone had Tasks and memopad and docs to go apps) had to update cause of white screen app error and at&& here was able to wipe and dl latest 5.0 back on phone. But and I did not get tasks or memopad either also missing docs to go which is killing me- that app I used frequently
    I am also wondering if there is any way to get any of these apps back on phone???
    04-25-11 05:57 PM
    Yep I had them before when I was on OS5 try and not but blackberry software on other phones, it does not do them any good if they are not compatible.
    04-26-11 01:40 PM
    memo pad and task for sure are included in os5. it is entirely possible that when you went through the os installation process that they were not marked for installation in the app loader window. i can assure you, however, that they are included in the os. the verizon rep was probably some ****** that didnt really want to work that day.
    04-26-11 02:47 PM
    memo pad and task for sure are included in os5. it is entirely possible that when you went through the os installation process that they were not marked for installation in the app loader window. i can assure you, however, that they are included in the os. the verizon rep was probably some ****** that didnt really want to work that day.
    Correct on so MANY levels!
    05-13-11 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD