With BB World coming up next week, what does everyone expect/hope comes from RIM? Whether it be the already leaked devices, or something completely new that hasn't been leaked(doubtful, but you never know). Just wanting to get a feel for everyone's anticipation of BB World and see if maybe something pops up along the way that some might of not heard before.
    04-25-11 06:56 AM
    I expect them to discuss the PB ad nauseum,6.1 OS,and probably two of the leaked phones......Bold Touch and Monaco/Monza.
    04-25-11 07:05 AM
    I expect them to release the bold touch date for sure.. However, I prefer the Torch 2 all over it, it seems that alot of people would rather buy the bold. I'm also pretty sure they won't release all the phones, that wouldn't really make sense to me, but who knows

What does TS actually think about it?
    04-25-11 07:20 AM
    I know it isn't RIM's style and has never been, but I am really hoping for firm dates on all leaked devices and maybe one huge surprise that has not been leaked on the roadmaps, maybe a Torch like CDMA phone(horizontal slider possibly), or a 4G BB which doesn't mean anything to me since I am not in a 4G covered area currently, but it would just be nice to see RIM make a huge splash and WOW everyone, but like I stated, it just isn't RIM's style.
    04-25-11 07:51 AM
    A big disappointment. But seriously I don't think we will see anything new, that hasn't been leaked already.

And if they do announce any of the leaked phones I hope the release dates are not too far in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 08:21 AM
    A Playbook roadmap of features and when they will be available.

Hopefully more than one phone announced all with estimated release dates.

Some good demos of OS6.1.
    04-25-11 08:24 AM
    They'll hype up Playbook and its QNX OS and future apps, then introduce 6.1OS and cart out at least the Bold Touch 9930/9900 has their flagship device.

04-25-11 09:45 AM
    I expect they will announce a new curve.

04-25-11 06:17 PM
    I'm keeping my expectations MASSIVELY low. So modestly I hope for the reveal of the Bold Touch having a price tag that isn't exaggerated, but again RIM will probably charge a premium for it. Ideal would be 450 at the most expensive but we're probably looking at 500. If it's any more I'll :| This is no contract price I'm obviously talking about. I hope for the release date to be late may/early june at the latest worldwide on all carriers since it seems to be their new flagship phone that isn't touch.

I hope 6.1 isn't smoke and mirrors. I hope the promised browser improvements are significant. I hope everything is a lot more snappy. Hope they are making BB easier to develop for. What else....I think that's it. That's my MODEST expectations. Hopefully they can meet that at least a little.
    04-25-11 06:21 PM
    bold touch summer release and some new stuff coming to the playbook in the near future...dont expect much else, hopefully there will be a pleasant surprise or two
    04-26-11 12:25 AM
    BlackBerry PlayBook2 or bust
    04-26-11 01:24 AM
    I would like to have them release the Touch and Monza the day they announce it!
    04-26-11 07:00 AM
    Who cares?
    Well some people actually do care and are interested, and if you don't, then don't read the thread. Just another troll providing us with their endless knowledge.
    04-26-11 07:36 AM
    Well some people actually do care and are interested, and if you don't, then don't read the thread. Just another troll providing us with their endless knowledge.
    Thanks ZM, couldn't agree More.

I personally, just want RIM to make some sort of phone announcement. All this talk about "We've plugged the leaks!" Is great, but it's pretty meaningless if none of those phones make their way into our hands.

I also Expect Mike L (I'm his biggest fan right now, considering that everyone has turned on him) to give us some sort of Hope. That may be a bit beyond RIM to do, but I Expect them to make us feel comfortable and proud to own BlackBerry Products,

04-26-11 10:20 AM
    Who cares?
    Thanks for proving our point made in a previous thread.

I expect mostly PlayBook talk. We MAY heard a release date on one MAYBE two of the leaked phones.

What I would like to hear (but I'm not going to hold my breath) is some talk about QNX on future phones.
    04-26-11 10:24 AM
    Or lack of.....
    04-26-11 07:01 PM
    With BB World coming up next week, what does everyone expect/hope comes from RIM? Whether it be the already leaked devices, or something completely new that hasn't been leaked(doubtful, but you never know). Just wanting to get a feel for everyone's anticipation of BB World and see if maybe something pops up along the way that some might of not heard before.
    They have already let it leak, we will have ONE new device.
    04-27-11 05:34 AM
    i want them to tell me the release date of the bold touch
    i want them to talk about 2012 QNX phones

yea, thats about it...
    04-27-11 06:13 AM
    Or lack of.....
    Yea, that statement was meant to be in a sarcastic manner.
    04-27-11 06:57 AM
    They have already let it leak, we will have ONE new device.
    I've seen these reports, but has it actually been confirmed?
    04-27-11 06:58 AM
    no, it has not
    still a rumor
    04-27-11 07:24 AM
    I expect Ballsy and/or Lizardlips to mumble some incoherent drivel about the future direction for RIM and the announcement of a couple of phones that will be amazingly unspectacular.
    Forza4RE likes this.
    04-27-11 11:05 AM
    I expect Ballsy and/or Lizardlips to mumble some incoherent drivel about the future direction for RIM and the announcement of a couple of phones that will be amazingly unspectacular.
    Haha

How true it is...
    04-28-11 01:18 AM
    don't know about ya'll but im very excited to know more about the future of the playbook. i want to see exactly where they plan on taking this thing....RIM really needs to give people a reason to be excited for the playbook in the upcoming months especially when its still missing features. More phone info would also be nice too, but im ready for some more playbook news...
    04-28-11 02:32 AM
    I want a date for the PB 3G (won't get that), I want a date for the Bold Touch, a date for the Torch 2 and a surprise announcement for a GSM Style on AT&T. In red!!!!

But seriously....I expect only the Bold Touch and hope for the Torch 2.
    04-28-11 02:54 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD