for the canadians here, anyone able to watch videos/show episodes from ctv/city tv/cbc?

only cbc works on my pb. a little disappointed.
    04-24-11 06:36 PM
    ctv works for me.
    04-24-11 06:43 PM
    where do you go to see videos or tv shows for canadians
    04-24-11 06:52 PM
    i cant seem to view live games from cbc. kind of frustrating as i can see it fine in my other Archos tablet.
    04-24-11 06:53 PM
    I've tried AMC, CBC, and CTV - both the Newsworld Update and watching the CTV newscast. AMC works brilliantly - absolutely no problems. I got caught up on an episode of The Killing. CBC works well.

CTV is godawful - it is very hit and miss. I dont think it's the Playbook's fault but rather how CTV builds its website. If you click on the CTV Newsnet Update, it loads their video player in a new tab. The advertisement plays and then the newcast starts. Well over half of the time I log on, the newscast plays next but the volume is so low or none at all. I have to refresh the browser and it will then work. This happens with the CTV news broadcast at 6 pm as well.

What I'm interested in learning, as I am on Rogers, for those of you on BELL - you can real time access, 24 hours a day, to the actual stream of the CTVnewsnet channel (maybe you pay for this?). But if you have used it, how does the permanent stream work for you. Does it even work on the Playbook?

I've written to CTV web department to let them know of some of the problems I've been having on accessing their videos. I really wish they would release their Newsworld updates in a podcast form as that would seem to be alot easier to handle - much in the way that CNN offers its video updates.
    04-24-11 06:55 PM
    Just went to watch.ctv.ca and it played a law and order la episode fine. I've tried global and it worked fine. I've also used rogers on demand.
    04-24-11 07:32 PM
    I'm not having a problem streaming shows off CTV, CBC, or the Comedy Network. It does not play the CBC live game feed though - I get about 3 seconds in, the video freezes and then the browser crashes.
    04-24-11 07:37 PM
    I just went to Global Television for BC at Global BC
    The website, videos, and newscasts play fine.

The Global National site at GlobalTV.com – Official Site of Global Television – Full Episodes, Video, TV Schedule, and Shows also works fine. Videos play without any problems.
    04-24-11 07:41 PM
    ive watched a few episodes of how i met your mother from city tv and big bang theory on ctv. works perfectly fine
    04-24-11 08:05 PM
    i find they all freeze up at some point. and it takes so long to get going. no streaming hockey on cbc. i find global works the best, ctv the worst city horrible!
    04-24-11 08:36 PM
    oh and i tested rogers on demand today and rented a movie. it didnt play properly.
    04-24-11 08:36 PM
    just to confirm that i'm not insane, i went to global, ctb and cbc and tried to watvh some tv shows. takes a while to start up but each start well, the ads always run flawlessly, the shows eventually freeze up the browser and stop.
    04-24-11 08:51 PM
    Everything works for me fine except for streaming live games on cbc.ca

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 09:01 PM
    got global, cbc, and ctv to work.

city tv still no dice. Community os on city tv!

cbc live hockey failed too.

NHL game center works fine. hd quality games. although blackout restrictions apply.
    Just Me likes this.
    04-25-11 12:11 AM

NHL game center works fine. hd quality games. although blackout restrictions apply.
    yeah ive noticed that as well. city tv was working fine a few days ago until yesterday. but i use tv.blinkx.com to watch everything so that does bother me
    iroc89convert likes this.
    04-25-11 01:58 AM
    I also do not get City TV. I only get the ad before then nothing expect a Red question mark.
    oh well

yeah ive noticed that as well. city tv was working fine a few days ago until yesterday. but i use tv.blinkx.com to watch everything so that does bother me
    04-25-11 11:53 AM
    I also do not get City TV. I only get the ad before then nothing expect a Red question mark.
    oh well
    for me its a white screen with a grey exclamation point in the middle.
    04-25-11 05:11 PM
    sorry i decided to check again and now citytv also gives me a blank page with a grey exclamation mark. Could it be that they are blocking it now?
    Just Me likes this.
    04-25-11 05:25 PM
    anyone able to stream the hockey game? all im getting is a pre game news panel
    04-28-11 09:14 PM
    I too am struggling with this. Is there something about the format of cbc player that means I can't watch live or past hockey games? Can this be fixed? Also, I got the exclamation mark when i tried to watch a game over athdnet.
    04-29-11 10:00 PM

I cant figure out what is wrong with CityTV. It is incredibly annoying they stream their adds but then don't allow you to view the programming. Are they blocking the PlayBook?
    10-10-11 10:05 PM
    I just watched the local CTV News broadcast this evening (Monday, October 10th), and everything worked perfectly. Plays an add before and then the news cast plays. I have yet to try any television shows but so far, any news clips works fine for me.

CBC News also works using the CBC Web Player app that loads up on their website.
    Last edited by Darlaten; 10-10-11 at 10:21 PM.
    10-10-11 10:14 PM
    I cant figure out what is wrong with CityTV. It is incredibly annoying they stream their adds but then don't allow you to view the programming. Are they blocking the PlayBook?
    Just do a restart and you'll be good to go.
    Just Me likes this.
    10-10-11 10:47 PM
    CBC's Hockey Night in Canada works really well now! Been watching it on my PlayBook for the last couple of weeks.
    10-10-11 11:57 PM
    I noticed CTV NewsNet is now offering a subscription service for unlimited access to live streaming of their newscasts, presumably the national broadcasts.
    10-11-11 04:28 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD