I'm running a Verizon 9650 with 6.0.0.524, and as many are reporting the bridge browser is terribly slow. first page always loads fine, subsequent pages not so much. I've noticed that the blue status bar disappears then the browser just hangs. I bridged my playbook with a friend's Storm 2 running an official build of OS 5, and the bridge browser worked pretty well.

I'm wondering if anyone is having any luck with a 9650 OS 6, if so what level are you running?
    04-24-11 05:55 PM
    I've got Verizon 9650 with 6.0.0.431 and don't even have a Bridge Browser icon. Have seen others with the same issue, but no solutions.
    04-24-11 06:05 PM
    Yea it's really slow on my 9650 as well. I don't think much can be done right now as I think most people are experiencing the same kind of speed issue.
    04-24-11 06:30 PM
    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-24-11 06:35 PM
    Same for my verizon 9650 running os 6 first page loads and then others not so much. I have also had to reinstall bridge of the Bold multiple times when it cant connect to the Playbook.
    04-24-11 06:45 PM
    its a bug with the playbook
    04-24-11 06:57 PM
    Am using the 9650 w/6.0.0.431 Bridge installed fine and works, but didnt really notice lags, but then without something to compare it to, well hard to tell.
    04-24-11 07:12 PM
    Running os6 on my vzw Bold and my bridge browser is pretty much unusable. Regular browser tethered to a vzw Bold is very fast though.
    04-24-11 07:57 PM
    I believe that when I had .431 on my verizon 9650 the bridge browser was ok. After upgrading to .524 I had connection problems. I actually had to disable (uncheck) all of the options in serial port profiles except for data services just to get a connection. Since then I have had the problem where the browser loads the first page and then doesn't load anymore. If I keep selecting the link nothing happens and the browser hangs. It may occasionally load another page. I hope RIM updates bridge soon. If not, I may try rolling back to .431. However, I think I did my last 2 updates over the air and I can't find a copy of .431 for verizon to download so I can roll back right now.

There is another thread where this issue is being discussed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/br...9650-a-614766/
    05-27-11 08:02 PM
    Have you thought about repairing the devices - remove and reinstall the bridge. Since you got a newer version of the OS, maybe it messed up the former link?

I'm still an OS 5 holdout. Sometimes I notice that while I click on a link in BridgeBrowser, nothing apperars to happen, the blue progress bar does not even appear and then suddenly it is redrawing a page and the link shows up. No doubt it needs some tweaking from rim.
    05-27-11 09:23 PM
    Have you thought about repairing the devices - remove and reinstall the bridge. Since you got a newer version of the OS, maybe it messed up the former link?

I'm still an OS 5 holdout. Sometimes I notice that while I click on a link in BridgeBrowser, nothing apperars to happen, the blue progress bar does not even appear and then suddenly it is redrawing a page and the link shows up. No doubt it needs some tweaking from rim.
    I did delete bridge from the phone, delete the profile form the playbook, re-install, and re-pair the devices. It was the only way I could get the playbook and phone to connect after the os update. Bridge functions well except for the browser. I am having a similar issue where it opens the first page and then when any subsequent links or pages are selected the blue line only goes half way across and it hangs. A little later the page may render and show up or it may not.
    05-28-11 09:24 AM
    It looks like the recent update to bridge (last night/this morning) 1.0.0.93 fixed my bridge browser issues. Not only does it work, but it actually renders pages at a reasonable rate. Lets hope that the recent software update for the playbook (released today) doesn't break it again. It should be alright though.
    06-07-11 06:50 AM
    I have the VZW 9650 and the Bridge Browser is worthless, I really wish there was a solution.
    06-07-11 07:27 AM
    Bridge .93 actually makes the bridge browser quite usaeable.
    06-07-11 08:25 AM
    Bridge .93 actually makes the bridge browser quite usaeable.
    Agreed! In fact, I am using it now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD