Hedone design have genuine aristic talent, BUT in my experiemce they NEVER reply to emails about basic bugs in themes and NEVER release updatesm despite promises. For the price they charge their cutomer service is TERRIBLE. There are many designers of FREE themes who have enough pride in their products to fix issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ivor.berry; 04-25-11 at 04:18 AM.
    jules966 likes this.
    04-24-11 03:15 PM
    I have never noticed a bug in one of their themes?
    04-24-11 03:28 PM
    Liteon notifier icon diplays split in half, pretty obvious, pretty basic. Vinto no today display. Polite messages abouut liteon issue ignored

04-24-11 04:52 PM
    Their themes look great, but are actually crappy when you use them and not practical. I confirm that they never reply. Thank god we have MobiHand protecting us I asked for a refund right away!
    True, it's not that I'm not a fan of hedone design, I just prefer the theme makers that u can always ask stuff like akbarmecha, StaticFX etc. If you're long enough on CB you probably know which people u can trust.
    04-24-11 05:36 PM
    I cant say much about hedone, cause the themes of them doesnt match my taste- therfore I've purchased only one or two of hedonethemes... But theres on difference to other 'black sheeps' in the the app-builder scene: hedone doesnt overflowed the customers with halfheartet mass-products contrary to other themebuilder like adorno, which obviously just want to sell and behave similar desinterested to critics.... My experience and opnion...

04-25-11 01:10 AM
    This is the developer that won Crackberry theme developer of the year last year, beating out some pretty stiff competition.
    I have almost all their themes and think they are amazing.
    04-25-11 04:52 AM
    I think you are confusing stylistic disagreements with bugs. I've found few developers will respond to style suggestions (even when it seems like a major flaw to me!).

04-25-11 06:46 AM
    I've tried various HD themes across different handsets and never experience major problems, if I do find an issue with a theme its down to a personal preference, not a fault with the theme. And in my opinion customer service is second to none.

04-25-11 10:05 AM

04-25-11 02:29 PM
    ...Vinto no today display...
    If you're looking for a "hidden today" which the theme you are speaking of, that's not a bug, that's a requested feature.
    04-25-11 02:39 PM
    Liteon does not display notifier correctly , that's a bug in any language and one which should have been sorted and easy to fix. Vinto is a today theme which does not display today entries. HD promised this would be fixed with latest release of theme builder.... Still waiting. Why am I picking on HD ?. Well actually I love their themes. They have genuine originality and design and THE best artistic flair, but it frustrates the **** out of me that they can't be bothered to upgrade their themes. The most expensive theme developer with the most awards should do better , end of story

04-25-11 02:40 PM
    Liteon does not display notifier correctly , that's a bug in any language and one which should have been sorted and easy to fix. Vinto is a today theme which does not display today entries. HD promised this would be fixed with latest release of theme builder.... Still waiting. Why am I picking on HD ?. Well actually I love their themes. They have genuine originality and design and THE best artistic flair, but it frustrates the **** out of me that they can't be bothered to upgrade their themes. The most expensive theme developer with the most awards should do better , end of story

1. Could u please post some screenshots of the bug, that will help.
    2. Have u bought the themes from mobihand? If so u could always ask for a refund
    04-25-11 03:11 PM
    I've got quite a few hedone design themes on my Curve and Torch devices, they all work well on Curve and their is no bugs or display issues. I then used mobihand to transfer what was available to my Torch (Explicit and Thalia and Liteon) and non of them work properly especially Explicit which has icon, alarm and landscape issues. I emailed Hedone's team and they responded within days stating that my OS6 bundle needed to be updated for it to work properly which I thought was a strange response as my device is up to date. Their themes are really nice but there are better devs out there who care about their products ie Mobster Mobile Design and Berrygoodthemes and bad devs out there who turn out the same old themes in different colours ie Adorno who don't give a damn about customer complaints and produce themes that just don't work on Torch OS6, Smooth Black theme OS6 Style the whole screen jumps when you press the options button and the media screen remains empty when you scroll over to it using top banner which is disapointing, I think the issue stems from theme builder and not devs because they have been producing themes over the years that just don't work on new os6 devices.

04-27-11 10:20 AM
    It Is theme builder causing those issues, but most care enough to fix it manually before releasing anything.
    04-27-11 10:26 AM
    I think the issue stems from theme builder and not devs because they have been producing themes over the years that just don't work on new os6 devices.

it stems from both, sure there are a few bugs in TB6 (its still in beta after all) but all devs use the same software, and as you note some are fine and some arent, its a case fo working around the bugs, for example your comment on the `media` page, i rebuilt all my themes from scratch to fix this and know many others who have too, its not just about making themes, its about testing them too.

just my 2 cents, to be clear my comment has nothing to do with HD as i love their themes, its more a general comment
    04-27-11 11:07 AM
    it stems from both, sure there are a few bugs in TB6 (its still in beta after all) but all devs use the same software, and as you note some are fine and some arent, its a case fo working around the bugs, for example your comment on the `media` page, i rebuilt all my themes from scratch to fix this and know many others who have too, its not just about making themes, its about testing them too.

just my 2 cents, to be clear my comment has nothing to do with HD as i love their themes, its more a general comment
    Thanks BBThemes your opinion of themes and making themes is valuable. I agree there needs to be more focus on testing themes before they are released to ensure quality and they work rather than producing loads of themes that don't work because they don't test them. Even though I named Adorno as a theme builder who's OS6 themes have issues a lot of his or her? Themes do work which makes it frustrating when you do get one that doesn't. I too love Hedone Designs themes.

04-28-11 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD