Hey,
    I upgraded my phone from an older OS 6 to OS 6.0.0.534 official from Bell Mobility last night.

I noticed today my phone vibrator seemed very weak, and now its completely stopped working. I've tried the battery pull. Does anyone think this could be a software bug?

If not, has anyone experienced this problem before? My phone is out of warranty, and I imagine this will be costly to repair...

Thanks!

Edit: Fixed lame typo...
    Last edited by ryguy2008; 04-24-11 at 03:54 PM.
    04-24-11 02:56 PM
    With all the reading I have done on theses forums I have never read that an OS6 upgrade has caused your problem with he vibrate. Although it does seem a coincidence. Did it happen as soon as you upgraded?

To prove if it's the OS, downgrade to the older OS6 that you had before to see if it works.
    04-24-11 03:30 PM
    I actually can't. Bell released OS6 at the end of February, and then pulled it 2 weeks later due to a lot of customer issues. I never had problems, so I kept it.

The version they released yesterday is obviously not the same that they released at the end of February.

I wonder though. Could it really be software if it was really weak and shaky this morning and dead now? Everything else works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 03:50 PM
    It doesn't have to be the Bell OS. Any official/leak of your old OS will do, they are all the same it's just that Bell decided to make that one official. As long as you delete the vendor.xml file before you run apploader it will load up and run ok.
    04-24-11 03:59 PM
    I guess, but that's a lot of work.

I've noticed it works sometimes very faintly, then it stops again for a while. That to me is a pretty strong indicator of a dying motor/lose connection.

Does anyone think the os reversal has any value? Or is it time for repairs...

Thanks!

04-24-11 05:09 PM
    Like I said in my first post on this thread, I've never heard of an OS6 upgrade causing this problem. So yes, I guess it could well be a hardware problem. Just thought you could prove it with the downgrade. Shame your out of warranty.

I suppose you are going to either go for an expensive repair or just live with no vibrate which, I guess, isn't a big issue.

Best of luck and hope you get it sorted. Alan.
    04-24-11 06:21 PM
    I guess, but that's a lot of work.

I've noticed it works sometimes very faintly, then it stops again for a while. That to me is a pretty strong indicator of a dying motor/lose connection.

Does anyone think the os reversal has any value? Or is it time for repairs...

Thanks!

I think the OS downgrade is a longshot, but I would try that before taking it in for repair. It can't hurt.
    04-24-11 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD