Anyone else have this issue? I have no messages on Storm after clearing but indicator on PB stays on.
    04-24-11 12:54 PM
    I had that happen as well earlier this week. I think somewhere along the line something didn't recognize that the message had been opened. I got rid of the notification by marking a message, any message, as unread selecting another message and then opening the marked message. Hope that helps
    cjking likes this.
    04-24-11 01:00 PM
    If you want to stop it from happening again, I should let you know that (for me at least) this only happens when you delete the email before marking it as read. Just remember to mark it as read before deleting!
    pastorbrad, manofice1 and Hgouck like this.
    04-24-11 01:03 PM
    For me this only occurs when i delete the email on my phone. If i was to delete the email even without marking it as read on the Pb, the symbol disappears as expected.
    04-24-11 02:16 PM
    good call. looks like you have to make sure you open all messages before deletion .

i think this is a bug that should be addressed. some emails you just dont bother opening
    04-24-11 06:13 PM
    I've had this happen a couple of times - both times it was an App World update notification. Kind of annoying because I read the notification, but it still showed that I had an unread message until I did something about it. First time, updating the app got rid of the indicator. Second time I deleted the app with the update 'cos it sucked anyway.
    04-24-11 06:21 PM
    I had that happen as well earlier this week. I think somewhere along the line something didn't recognize that the message had been opened. I got rid of the notification by marking a message, any message, as unread selecting another message and then opening the marked message. Hope that helps
    This worked for me, thanks. This is a bug that needs to be fixed though.
    01-03-12 07:12 AM
    If you want to stop it from happening again, I should let you know that (for me at least) this only happens when you delete the email before marking it as read. Just remember to mark it as read before deleting!
    good point im gonna try that thx
    01-03-12 08:24 AM
    I have had this same problem a couple times now on my Torch. I was able to clear it doing a phone reset, but I'll know next time to "read" the email, then delete it, or just mark another one as unread, then doing the same process.

Glad I'm not the only one with this bug!
    JP
    01-03-12 01:43 PM
    A missed call from bridge phone and deleted unopened email will cause notification.
    01-03-12 02:20 PM
    Go to HELP
    type in the search box "saved messages"
    result will be on device or on bing
    select on device
    it it show the folder where the saved messages are.
    delete them and the indicator will not longer show messages
    02-29-12 07:06 AM
    This happened to me, but with a BBM notification. All msg were read, no new chats, even on my Torch. Yet the new BBM notification still showed. Any tips on that?

Thanks
    02-29-12 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD