Installed whatever was offered when I plugged the PB into my Vista (home premium). So I've got the connection and it assigned Z: as the drive letter.

I guess I don't mind the Z: assignment - at least it won't move depending on what else I have dangling off various usb cables.

But I'm curious how come there is no "safely remove" for the playbook in the Tasktray?

Right-Clicking brings up a "Disconnect" option which is fine, so it is merely my curiosity that beckons.
    04-24-11 10:26 AM
    does is show up in the system tray for other devices? is it set to "hidden"? if you can't get an answer here, try sevenforums.com
    04-24-11 10:43 AM
    The safely remove option is only for removable drives. The PlayBook is viewed as a network drive
    04-24-11 10:44 AM
    I have a Mac, and as Yves stated, it detects it as a Network drive. When I first connected it, a popup saying that came up. It also doesn't show up in my Device list. I can, however, still access the files to drag and drop music and movies easily onto my PB.
    04-24-11 10:46 AM
    The safely remove option is only for removable drives. The PlayBook is viewed as a network drive
    ah, that explains it.
    04-24-11 10:48 AM
    Thanks all. And _NOW_ I see it is listed what I'd call one slot down in MyComputer and that is under "Network Location 1"

My curiosity is now satisfied - could you folks now work on my PB icon thread (g)
    04-24-11 10:55 AM
    PlayBook appears as a network share rather than a traditionally mounted USB device. For starters, it lets you get around whole eject-to-remove silliness. Pull a USB mass storage device without first ejecting it under OS X/Windows and you'll get a stern warning about potential data loss. Network shares don't suffer the same fate. Unplug the PlayBook whenever you want and your Mac/PC won't complain.
    04-24-11 11:31 AM
    PlayBook appears as a network share rather than a traditionally mounted USB device. For starters, it lets you get around whole eject-to-remove silliness. Pull a USB mass storage device without first ejecting it under OS X/Windows and you'll get a stern warning about potential data loss. Network shares don't suffer the same fate. Unplug the PlayBook whenever you want and your Mac/PC won't complain.
    Since you seem to know your "network" share stuff - maybe you can answer another question I posted. Apparently I'm (not me alone, I guess) am NOT allowed to drag/drop files to the root folder on the PB. Can do so for the subfolders that are already there. Thanks.
    04-24-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD