Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2391 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2391
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.534
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.200
    File name: 9700AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2391_PL6.6.0.200_A6.0.0.53 4_Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe
    File size: 176.47MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here

-------------------

Bell Mobility Inc. Software Download Page
    04-23-11 05:56 PM
    Thanks; loading it now. Need to see if the BlackBerry Bridge will still work... It worked with 461 and 480, but NOT the unreleased 599.
    04-23-11 06:38 PM
    would this version have arabic support and can anyone write about the performance of this firmware. the last release had alot of memory leak when i reboot it ill have 30 mb by the end of day i will only have 6mb >
    04-23-11 07:05 PM
    Is the java script probleme fixed? Or do we need to keep it disable?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 08:49 PM
    would this version have arabic support and can anyone write about the performance of this firmware. the last release had alot of memory leak when i reboot it ill have 30 mb by the end of day i will only have 6mb >
    yes it has Arabic typing and viewing support.

I have just installed it and will test it now and let you guys know about the performance and if there are any bugs.
    04-23-11 10:21 PM
    So far it's working really good on my Bold 9700. the application storage has 60 MB free (I already have many apps installed). Memory is 194 MB used and 62 MB free after using it for a while without battery pull.

all applications are working well!! what really surprised me is that they finally fixed the camera flash bug. now I can set the "Picture Review" time to 'Hold' and the camera flash will still work everytime I take a picture without any need to do battery pull. I hated that I had to set the review time to '8 seconds' in previous os 6 releases in order for the flash to work! thank God that they finally fixed it

concerning the battery, I still can't say anything about it because i've been using it for about half an hour only!

in general, it's working great. install it guys and don't worry, it will work great!
    hamad0611 likes this.
    04-23-11 10:33 PM
    thanks @moheysaleh
    very helpful
    moheysaleh likes this.
    04-23-11 10:45 PM
    I've just found out that youtube is finally working! On other os 6 releases ot used to give me an error saying that the server might be blocked or something like that and wouldn't let me watch any youtube videos. Now it's working perfectly and fast with amazing sound nd image quality.

By far this is the best official os 6 release for the 9700. I'M LOVIN' IT

04-23-11 11:05 PM
    unfiled photos detection! , lets see what else
    04-24-11 07:47 AM
    And WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY faster managing pictures!
    04-24-11 07:48 AM
    it somehow feels laggier ._.
    04-24-11 07:53 AM
    it somehow feels laggier ._.
    From which build are you coming from? I think is the best i ever felt
    04-24-11 08:34 AM
    Where do I turn on the blinking green led coverage? Can't find it in the menus!
    04-24-11 09:27 AM
    I know its early yet but in the leak there was a browser error where text was missing and '_________' was shown. Does that still occur?
    04-24-11 12:02 PM
    Where do I turn on the blinking green led coverage? Can't find it in the menus!
    menu/options/display/screen display/LED coverage indicator.... last item before the themes....
    04-24-11 01:12 PM
    Did they fixed the BBM cursor thing already with this release?

I haven't upgrade to OS 6 just because I'm waiting for a version that fix that issue.
    04-24-11 01:46 PM
    Did they fixed the BBM cursor thing already with this release?

I haven't upgrade to OS 6 just because I'm waiting for a version that fix that issue.
    Yup......
    04-24-11 01:57 PM

Downloading it right now.

I know there are tons of threads about upgrading the OS, but could you guys answer me a doubt.

I have upgraded from a version of OS 5 to a newer one, but never really upgrade to a complete new OS. (ie OS 6).

It is really necessary to do the whole OS 5 wipe, or I can just use the App Loader method and it will automatically do the wipe for me?
    04-24-11 02:09 PM
    I fully charged my phone last night, and now after a full day of heavy usage, the battery dropped to 65%!! that's amazing

I haven't detected any problems with EDGE either. This OS release is the best. No problems whatsoever!
    04-24-11 03:03 PM

Downloading it right now.

I know there are tons of threads about upgrading the OS, but could you guys answer me a doubt.

I have upgraded from a version of OS 5 to a newer one, but never really upgrade to a complete new OS. (ie OS 6).

It is really necessary to do the whole OS 5 wipe, or I can just use the App Loader method and it will automatically do the wipe for me?
    You, can let App loader do the upgrade for You. Essentially what it does is the same as backing up, wiping device, loading new OS and restoring from backup.

Keep in mind though, OS6 takes up a lot more application storage and uses a lot more memory (RAM) to run. So if You have a lot of apps and especially apps running in the background You could be in for a nasty surprise.

Take a good look at your collection of apps and delete any that you are not using, also anticipate that some apps will not run with OS6.
    04-24-11 03:49 PM
    I have a ton of File Free, very minimal memory leak as opposed to .461, only issue I have, well minor inconvenience is my screen times out every once in a while n it won't come back on no matter which buttons I press. I had this issue with .448 too, I dunno if anyone else ever has had same issue

04-24-11 04:02 PM
    Anybody using this OS on AT&T with success?
    Does VVM works ok?
    Thanks.

04-24-11 04:18 PM
    well, no issues, no shrink, no memory leak 110 mb free with bebuzz, smartwifi, beweather, whatsapp, telmap, shazam, 4square etc etc... : )
    yay!!
    04-24-11 04:45 PM
    Hi i'm a first time blackberry user and i just got my Blackberry Bold. I downloaded this OS 6 but i dont know how to actually put it on my phone. Can someone help me?
    04-24-11 05:24 PM
    you have to go to Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    delete the file VENDOR and click Loader : )
    But theres plenty more info on this forum..
    04-24-11 05:33 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD