So I really want to make sure my screen stays fresh, so I want to get a screen protector, but I would like some feedback first. I hate screen protectors that feel grippy, like a thick rubber feel. I like a very soft feel with no texture. Does anyone have any suggestions of brands for me I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    04-23-11 12:22 PM
    Well I bought the ZAGG InvisibleShield screen protector and after 1 day, I removed it and returned it for a refund. It had too much friction and gave the screen a horrible look.

I then purchased the Hip Street Anti-fingerprint screen protector for Playbook and while it was far superior in term of friction and the look of the screen, I found that it scratched very easily. In fact it scratched from just cleaning it when I first installed it. So I removed that too and will return for a refund.

Right now, I'm just going "naked" with no screen protector and it just needs a clean a few times a day. I'm going to hold off and see what else comes out. The one I have on my 9700 is fantastic but I alas I can't remember who made it
    04-23-11 12:27 PM
    I got a WriteRight static cling screen protector at Staples. It comes in a 2-pack for $20. Seems to work fine. It just covers the screen area and not the gesture area.
    04-23-11 12:33 PM
    i use the iconic glossy one. covers the bezel as well. no issues with gestures but leaves alot of fingerprints.
    04-23-11 12:37 PM
    Interesting on the Zagg protector. I've always had good luck with them on my other devices, after they completely dry. My experience has been they don't fully dry for a while (I still use the device) but they look best after I give it time. I picked one up today for my PB. I'll see how it looks in a day or two.
    04-23-11 12:40 PM
    i use the iconic glossy one. covers the bezel as well. no issues with gestures but leaves alot of fingerprints.
    Does it cover the notification light and camera too?
    04-23-11 12:40 PM
    Does it cover the notification light and camera too?
    covers notification light but not the camera. does not cover speakers either. there are indents for the speaker area.

comes with lint free cloth but it's far from being lint free. use a microfibre cloth instead.
    04-23-11 12:47 PM
    I grabbed a Zag shield as well as I've normally had good luck with them. However it really looks like crap and makes the screen harder to use. I'll be taking it off and returning it for something else...
    04-23-11 01:00 PM
    does anyone know how the otterbox defender series screen protector is?
    04-23-11 01:04 PM
    Grabbed a zagg today at lastbuy, had them put it on, can't even tell its there!
    04-23-11 01:13 PM
    Grabbed a zagg today at lastbuy, had them put it on, can't even tell its there!
    Unless it's a different one, I could certainly tell it was there on mine. The touch was totally different.

Are you sure they put it on LOL
    04-23-11 01:16 PM
    I installed a Invisible Shield yesterday - and it is a tad "grippy" when using the gestures. And I noticed since I've had it installed, when I type it picks up other letters (along with the one I'm hitting)
    04-23-11 01:25 PM
    I grabbed a Zag shield as well as I've normally had good luck with them. However it really looks like crap and makes the screen harder to use. I'll be taking it off and returning it for something else...
    The Zagg shield I installed earlier today is slowly getting better (as it dries more). I'm going to give it more time to "completely dry". I would suggest others having concerns to do the same.
    04-23-11 01:33 PM
    I installed the IS yesterday, as well. It is a little grippy, but not too bad. My issue is several 2-3cm "rainbow" creating lines that are an unwelcome feature of the protector. Debating returning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 01:34 PM
    Unless it's a different one, I could certainly tell it was there on mine. The touch was totally different.

Are you sure they put it on LOL
    Hahaha, yeah I watched the guy put it on, they seemed like pros. It does have the very light "orange peel" look if you angle it but thats normal and will go away within a few days.
    stesyl likes this.
    04-23-11 01:41 PM
    Do you even think it's necessary? A good circular rub down makes it look like it's brand new out of the box.
    04-23-11 02:52 PM
    This morning my wife was making fun of the fact I still had the screen protector on the pb. I just went to the mall and got a proper screen protector.
    She had a bit of a hard time putting the screen on (they have done my blackberry's perfectly) so it has a couple of bubbles that I will notice every single day!!

Regardless it is now safe and I don't have to look at the fingers that were on the original screen protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 02:56 PM
    Do you even think it's necessary? A good circular rub down makes it look like it's brand new out of the box.
    I agree, especially since I have mine in a nice leather case with a soft lining that protects the screen when it's closed. Unlike by storm, which definitely would get scrached up in my pocket, etc., I don't worry about it on the pb. Plus I tried the Zagg one for 10 minutes - a disaster and a waste of $25
    04-23-11 03:04 PM
    I agree, especially since I have mine in a nice leather case with a soft lining that protects the screen when it's closed. Unlike by storm, which definitely would get scrached up in my pocket, etc., I don't worry about it on the pb. Plus I tried the Zagg one for 10 minutes - a disaster and a waste of $25
    Yea, I mean, wash your hands and don't be a slob and it'll be fine lol. Leather journal is in the mail for me, should get it next week.
    04-23-11 03:13 PM
    I ordered TruProtection - Anti Glare version (BackBerry sells them through their store too):

Anti-Glare Film - Blackberry - Shop

New HD screen film is specially formulated to display higher detail while resisting glare and fingerprints and protecting your screen. Static cling adhesive film leaves no residue if film is removed.
    bigchico68 likes this.
    04-23-11 03:20 PM
    I ordered TruProtection - Anti Glare version (BackBerry sells them through their store too):

Anti-Glare Film - Blackberry - Shop

New HD screen film is specially formulated to display higher detail while resisting glare and fingerprints and protecting your screen. Static cling adhesive film leaves no residue if film is removed.
    please report back with if it works or not.
    04-23-11 03:48 PM
    the telus store in Sudbury ontario has 3 otterboxes, one is mine...
    04-23-11 03:52 PM
    I have the Zagg. It does have a bit of a grippy feel but I kinda like that. It was much easier to put on than my phone's. I really cannot tell it is there. There is no distortion and no bubbles, but I know what someone meant by the tiny lines as I do see a couple of those. It is crystal clear though. I did order the Otterbox yesterday so I'll have to see how that screen cover is.
    04-23-11 04:08 PM
    Yeah, Zagg IS for me and it is very Grippy and gets dirty very quickly. Overall it'll do until I find something better, great protection but it's somehow less impressive on the Playbook than on the iPad I had one on formerly.
    04-23-11 04:48 PM
    Personally, I am waiting for ghost armor to get their protector in stock. They are the BEST. Better than Zagg or anything like that out there. My cousin abuses his iPhone, and it seems that the ghost armor always comes out unscathed. Any scratched that have been put on there seem to go away over time...the special screen protector fills out scratches over time...dunno how it does it but it is totally awesome! I will be getting that for the in a week to 3 weeks. For now...I still have the stupid OEM plastic on there (with the pictures of hand gestures on it lmao).
    04-23-11 06:18 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD