Bridge seems to work ok, except the Bridge Browser does not work at all. I get an "MSD Service Unavailable: ulea" error no matter what website i go to. i have a Storm 2 9550 on Verizon using a BES server. Playbook is on version 1710. Any thoughts?
    04-23-11 12:21 PM
    Bridge seems to work ok, except the Bridge Browser does not work at all. I get an "MSD Service Unavailable: ulea" error no matter what website i go to. i have a Storm 2 9550 on Verizon using a BES server. Playbook is on version 1710. Any thoughts?
    Contact the administrator of the BES and confirm whether the MDS-CS service is running on the server.
    04-23-11 12:44 PM
    Thanks. I'll talk to them on Monday. Hope they can help me out.
    04-24-11 09:49 AM
    I'm being told by our IT guy, not the actual BES Administrator, that the MDS server is running otherwise I would not be getting any internet on my Blackberry phone. The phone and Bridge is working fine, it's just the Bridge Browser that is not working. Keep getting the "MSD Service Unavailable: ulea" error. Does this guy know what he's talking about? I'm in a big government outfit so I can't talk to the BES Administrator directly...
    04-25-11 01:54 PM
    Are you able to get to websites via your BB?
    04-25-11 01:57 PM
    On my Blackberry phone, yes, I can get to websites, no problems there. I just can't get them on the Playbook using the Bridge Browser when my phone is Bridged to the Playbook. It doesn't sound like a Verizion issue, as I haven't seen anyone else have this problem. Sounds like a BES server issue, but I can't get our IT guy to agree to that.
    04-25-11 02:59 PM
    On my Blackberry phone, yes, I can get to websites, no problems there. I just can't get them on the Playbook using the Bridge Browser when my phone is Bridged to the Playbook. It doesn't sound like a Verizion issue, as I haven't seen anyone else have this problem. Sounds like a BES server issue, but I can't get our IT guy to agree to that.
    Sounds like it might be a bridge issue. If you can get to the websites on your BlackBerry then he really can't do anything for you.
    04-25-11 04:02 PM
    So you don't think it's a BES issue either? It's interesting that all other Bridge functions work well. Could it be Verizon blocking this wanting me to get a tethering plan? But I have not heard of others having this type of problem using a Verizon Blackberry with the Playbook, which makes me think it's not Verizon or the Bridge and must be the BES.
    04-25-11 06:48 PM
    i've seen other verizon with bridge problems. i don't even get a bridge browser icon and others have posted the same problem. can browse on phone fine.
    04-25-11 07:05 PM
    I have the same problem and I have Tmobile. BB Tech support said the it sounds like my provider might be blocking this feature.
    04-26-11 01:25 PM
    If my provider, Verizon, is blocking the Bridge Browser, wouldn't we have seen a lot more posts in the forums about Bridge Browser not working with Verizon? I guess that's why I'm thinking it's more of a BES issue.
    04-26-11 06:42 PM
    The BES Admin just confimed that they are running the MDS service. So, now I'm not sure what to do. I called Tmobile yesterday and they said call BB because they know nothing about the BB bridge function.
    04-27-11 11:19 AM
    I run a BES and I'm using bridge browser. Works perfectly fine and did not make any configuration changes. Using T-Mobile btw.
    04-27-11 12:07 PM
    weird, I just tested bridge with a friends BB not on BES and the browser worked. He has Verizon. I think I will delete Bes off my phone and give it a try.
    04-27-11 12:34 PM
    ok, so here's the scoop. i deleted Bes from my phone and bridge browser works fine. so it is an IT issue. The BES server needs to be upgraded and of course they will not be doing it anytime soon.
    04-27-11 08:15 PM
    That's interesting. But what do you mean by upgrade the BES server - upgrade the software, the MDS setting? Can you find out what the fix might be?
    04-27-11 10:01 PM
    Any updates on this issue? I am having this same issue Outbacker and I have the same provider, and BB set up as you.

I remember it briefly working outta the box, albeit slowly, but since day 2, nothing. It alwyas errors with the"cannor download corp files" msg.

It sure would come in handy while on the road.
    05-01-11 08:51 PM
    deleting comment
    Last edited by bb.pl; 05-04-11 at 12:06 PM.
    05-01-11 09:01 PM
    how do you delete bes form your device?
    06-21-11 04:18 PM
    how do you delete bes form your device?
    Backup your phone (ideally only messages, PIM, documents/media). Do a "factory reset". reboot phone, and restore your data (make sure you don't restore "settings"/security/etc). Don't call your BES admin to reactivate.

I did this for a while for the bridge browser. I had bridge browser, but no longer had a wirelessly synching PIM. Lesser of two evils was losing bridge browser, and after about 2 weeks, went back to BES.
    06-21-11 04:34 PM
    i had this issue and i changed my browser type to internet browser on my storm2, and i havent had any issues connecting on blackberry bridge since.
    06-21-11 06:10 PM
    i had this issue and i changed my browser type to internet browser on my storm2, and i havent had any issues connecting on blackberry bridge since.
    And you are are on a BES server? I am on a BES with a Verizon Storm 2 and changing to Internet Browser doesn't change things for me. I still get the MDS Service Unavailable error.
    06-21-11 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD