I'm new to sheets to go for the Playbook.

Discuss tips and help here.

1. Question I have is how to you resize a column?
    04-22-11 11:27 AM
    Resizing columns, cutting, pasting, sum, Date format.....all of these are not working on my Playbook version of Sheets to Go.

I'm not able to do any of these within the program and I spent a very frustrating hour on the phone with RIM support who eventually just said I need to purchase the "Premium" version from the Dataviz website and I needed to contact them about any problems I'm having as its a "3rd Party" app????? WTH??? Didn't RIM purchase Dataviz?

Took a quick drive by of the Dataviz site and I can't find squat regarding the Playbook.

I want this thing to work but jeez, I couldn't even get the "STATE" drop down list to function properly as I was trying to register my Playbook for SUPPORT! Any state selection between Alabama and Illinois was good to go but nothing past Illinois would scroll into view.

Any suggestions?
    04-22-11 11:24 PM
    Wow, just unbelieveable!
    I spent the last 15 minutes trying to figure out how to resize columns or cut and paste is sheets to go and figured I must have been missing something.
    As it stands, it is next to useless...
    04-27-11 11:31 AM
    This important to me also. I have many xls sheets that are vital to my business. I did buy the premium version for my Bold, but the screen was so small i didnt bother trying to edit anything. The dropdown menus are not dropping down on the playbook. Thats a problem.
    Last edited by npunk42; 04-29-11 at 01:22 PM.
    04-27-11 05:33 PM
    Resizing columns, cutting, pasting, sum, Date format.....all of these are not working on my Playbook version of Sheets to Go.

I'm not able to do any of these within the program and I spent a very frustrating hour on the phone with RIM support who eventually just said I need to purchase the "Premium" version from the Dataviz website and I needed to contact them about any problems I'm having as its a "3rd Party" app????? WTH??? Didn't RIM purchase Dataviz?

Took a quick drive by of the Dataviz site and I can't find squat regarding the Playbook.

Sounds like RIM tech support thought you were talking about the version for the BB phones, not the PlayBook. I guess they're not quite all up to speed on the new product yet. Yeesh.
    04-28-11 11:34 AM
    I am with you all. I would like to know more about how to operate this. I did find one work around for the drop down box, but its not a great one. I have a programmed excel worksheet that factors a certain percentage of commission per employee contract level. It only shows the default contract level. I know the other contract levels, so if i manually edit that cell with the exact spelling of the different contract levels, it does change the commission percentage.

So, if you have your spreadsheet memorized, then you can at least use this workaround for now. If you don't have it memorized .... then you're out of luck for a while until some support docs pop up.
    04-28-11 12:18 PM
    i have resisted every little glitch so far about my playbook but i think this will be the game changer for me. i have received excel spreadsheets in my email, opened them in my pb, and forget about editing, i could not even view certain cells (the most important ones with costs), because all i see is a bunch of pound signs. this is because you cannot resize your columns. i searched all night long to see if anyone figured out how to do this on a pb but found nothing. i really would love to keep this little guy but this is simply ridiculous.
    05-01-11 07:19 AM
    Hard to believe rim owns dataviz. Hopefully they'll get this straightened out. I guess a full fledged version was not part of their earn-out
    05-01-11 11:30 AM
    Sorry to revive an old topic but I'm just running across compatibility issues as I've been moving more and more of my excel onto my playbook for easier access.

Anyone know if there's been any improvements on this front? The sheets to go included with the playbook seems nothing more than a viewer and a bad one at that. I have a simple loan spreadsheet that I use daily and I cannot get it to work. Keeps telling me that it's read-only due to unsupported content.
    02-15-12 01:28 PM
    Sorry to revive an old topic but I'm just running across compatibility issues as I've been moving more and more of my excel onto my playbook for easier access.

Anyone know if there's been any improvements on this front? The sheets to go included with the playbook seems nothing more than a viewer and a bad one at that. I have a simple loan spreadsheet that I use daily and I cannot get it to work. Keeps telling me that it's read-only due to unsupported content.
    i don't know if this might help you, but have you tried to sideload OfficeSuite?
    Might have what you need.
    02-15-12 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD