Hey all, I'm new to this forum but have had my Bold 9650 for almost a year. I have previously (and successfully) set up e-mail addresses on it, so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm going to grad school and need to add my school address; I already receive e-mail from my current school address and it works fine, but BB won't let me set this one up. It's my [email protected] (my current one is [email protected] I don't see why it works with one school email and not the other). When I put in my username and password, it says "Invalid e-mail address of password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists contact email.unc.edu." But UNC can't do anything about Blackberry not working properly, so how can I fix this? I'm certain my name and password are correct, and I know I'm not doing anything wrong. Is there someone at Blackberry I can contact? I don't have a BB username/password (and on the site it said you needed the PIN and a number on the box to set it up...and I don't even have that anymore) so I don't know how to do it from online. I really need to set this up, so any help is truly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.
    04-21-11 10:07 PM
    to set up your BB account, you need the pin and ESN numbers. Both can be found on the sticker inside your phone in the battery compartment. As far as the student account goes, you could always use a redirect to an account such as yahoo or hotmail, etc. I like yahoo because it is an instant push with BIS, versus a 15 minute cycle with some other services. Hope this helps.
    tracyh771 likes this.
    04-22-11 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the advice--I didn't even think of rerouting from another account until somebody suggested it (embarrassing, I know). Oddly enough, I typed in [email protected], which is not the e-mail address--it's most definitely @email.unc.edu. If you sent an email to it without the "email" part of the address, it won't go through. But anyway, when I set it up that way on the phone, it worked. So hopefully it'll continue to, but thanks for the help!
    04-22-11 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD