Our corporate voicemail system sends us our voicemails as .wav email attachments. I'm sure many are familiar with this type of a system. (Tmobile's visual voicemail uses something .amr)

According to my PB bridged email, the .wav is an "unsupported attachment" - same with the .amr voicemails from tmobile.
    04-21-11 01:27 PM
    Try forwarding the e-mail to a personal account that you can access via the web browser, download the wav, and see if it works that way. I'm pretty sure wav files were in the supported media thing released. Could be an issue with the Bridge either by design or a bug.
    04-21-11 01:36 PM
    Yeah it's a bit annoying. But I have a really fast converter so I just convert anything I need to .mp4 and drop it onto the PB. However, this means I have to be near a PC for that to work, so I can see why it might really suck for you.
    04-21-11 01:36 PM
    I had the same issue with our corporate email system. I believe this is a bridge issue... it also doesn't recognize PDF's as attachments although clearly the PB can read PDFs. I highly doubt it can't support .wav files although none of my music library is .wav so I've got no way to test.
    04-21-11 01:46 PM
    Complain directly to RIM.
    04-21-11 01:59 PM
    .wav IS supported but it has to be PCM i believe.
    If you want to convert it you can download a free converter or a program like audacity and re-encode the audio.
    04-21-11 02:30 PM
    I noticed that when trying to open attachments via Bridge, the first time I click, it says that its unsupported. I then click again and it opens fine.
    04-21-11 02:33 PM
    same issue...i tired in webmail and i can't even download the file...im sure all these issues will be worked out in a simple OS update.
    04-21-11 02:42 PM
    I'm surprised everyone is suggesting converters to solve this issue. No one's going to go through all that just to listed to a voicemail, especially since they can just open the WAV file on the BB directly and listen to it because WAV will play on a BB. Point is, there are issues with the BBBridge and we don't know if these are just stupidly overlooked problems (doubt it) or a restriction in place because RIM didn't want to give the PB access to the files attached to emails via the bridge link. Who knows...
    spatialmongrel likes this.
    04-21-11 05:26 PM
    I have this same problem any word on a fix?
    05-22-11 12:58 PM
    Same problem here as well. I had this issue on my Torch for a while, but then it got fixed somehow - might have been a patch that I downloaded, so hopefully the same will happen for the Playbook.
    05-22-11 01:04 PM
    The user manual lists .wav as a supported format. Curious that it will not play. Let us know if you solve it.

Would love audacity or similar on PB.
    05-22-11 11:08 PM
    The pb does play .wav files. I accidentally transferred some wav files from my digital camera that were audio memos I had made to accompany photos. Even though they were transferred to the Photo folder, they showed up under the music app and played. I'd actually like them out of the music app but I don't know how to accomplish that.
    05-22-11 11:35 PM
    Our corporate voicemail system sends us our voicemails as .wav email attachments. I'm sure many are familiar with this type of a system. (Tmobile's visual voicemail uses something .amr)

According to my PB bridged email, the .wav is an "unsupported attachment" - same with the .amr voicemails from tmobile.
    I have the same exact issue on attached .wav files that are voicemail attachments from my office. Very frustrating since my torch and computers with both easily open these audio files.
    06-23-11 07:05 PM
    BUMP - this should be an asap fix for RIM, it will be really nice to hit the PB for playing back vmails - a lot of systems will allow you to set the file to MP3 format instead of wav but it's a pia because you will end up launching itunes each time you want to listen to a v-mail on a desktop. That being said i have not tested if PB will launch an attached mp3 file over bridge either.
    jrcdpm likes this.
    06-23-11 11:41 PM
    just ran into this thread, as my corporate voicemail also sends it out by email as a wav, which i cant play. sure i could listen to it on my blackberry, but thats downstairs in my coat. this is annoying. i hope os2 fixes this.
    02-13-12 07:51 PM
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...English%29.pdf

Shows

WAV Audio PCM LPCM, A-LAW, U-LAW, and ADPCM

Try without bridge and see if it works.
    02-13-12 08:13 PM
    I just checked and I can download and play my Nextiva voice mail which are .wav with no problem. The only thing is that on my Bold I can preview without downloading the file.
    02-13-12 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD