I'm have issues with no audio during video playback. Ive placed numerous videos on the Playbook. All of them are in AVI format. Some of them play perfectly (both audio and video). Others, play the video fine, but there is no audio.

Any ideas?
    04-21-11 11:51 AM
    have the same problem, is there a way to submit bugs to RIM?
    04-21-11 11:52 AM
    AVI is just a container, it can hold various different codecs. The only audio codec the PlayBook supports inside an AVI is MP3. Most likely the videos that don't work are using a different codec.

If they play on your computer many programs will be able to tell you what codec the file is encoded in. That could confirm my theory, or if they all show MP3 we'll know it's a different issue.
    RubiKean likes this.
    04-21-11 11:55 AM
    I have the same question as above, how do you submit the issues to RIM? Does any of the moderators know I wonder?
    04-21-11 11:56 AM
    its most likely AC3 audio that the playbook is having problems with. Use Avidemux2 to convert the audio to stereo mp3. Bypass the video conversion and just convert the audio. Save file as avi

Most TV shows are not encoded in AC3, just some of the movies...check the info before downloading and download the 2 channel audio first, otherwise convert.

Done
    04-21-11 12:00 PM
    AVI is just a container, it can hold various different codecs. The only audio codec the PlayBook supports inside an AVI is MP3. Most likely the videos that don't work are using a different codec.

If they play on your computer many programs will be able to tell you what codec the file is encoded in. That could confirm my theory, or if they all show MP3 we'll know it's a different issue.
    This is good info... i still need to look up the info on what CODECs are installed on the PB.
    Im doing some testing today but try using the program Handbrake to recompress your videos that do not play correctly. Using an iPad preset should work (make sure the file extension is .mp4, not .m4v) but ultimately make sure you stay with one of the h.264 codecs.
    04-21-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD