hi im having troulbe tethering my nokia n900 to playbook. i have tried using my adhoc connection and pb is not working althiough my laptop recognize ad hoc network. also when i tried to bluetooth tether to access internet it pairs but is not internet coonected although i downloaded bt dial up networking (dun) script from maemo. help. if it doesnt work im planning on returning pb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 09:33 AM
    anyone? please help.

hi im having troulbe tethering my nokia n900 to playbook. i have tried using my adhoc connection and pb is not working althiough my laptop recognize ad hoc network. also when i tried to bluetooth tether to access internet it pairs but is not internet coonected although i downloaded bt dial up networking (dun) script from maemo. help. if it doesnt work im planning on returning pb.

04-21-11 09:48 AM
    I'd return it. I don't think it will tether to anything besides a BlackBerry.
    04-21-11 10:07 AM
    it must somehow work. why isn't the ad hoc connection nor bluetooth connection working. I like the the playbook, but hate to see it go

any hints on making it work?
    04-21-11 12:50 PM
    can someone help. . . it says playbook is supposed to work with any smartphone using bluetooth dial up networking profiles (DUN)

why isn't it working with the n900?

for that matter why isn't ad hoc being seen?
    04-21-11 03:13 PM
    Don't know what to tell you really. Personal hotspots/wireless tethering is suppose to work with any device that can connect to WiFi.
    04-21-11 03:14 PM
    Well I had some success by starting the bluetooth on both devices, then "warming up" the internet connection by either firing a browser to load a page or starting mobile hot spot (not actually using through mobile hotspot's wifi) and then 7 out of 10 connections are with success.
    Seems like the browser/mobile hotspot do something with the 3g connection so I can then use tethering but I am not sure what .
    Hope this helps a bit.

Just to be clear this is through tethering not mobile hotspot.
    05-30-11 11:00 AM
    all blackberry smartphone and stuffs didn't work on ad-hoc..
    05-30-11 12:08 PM
    I did it with my iPhone.. no problems.. Can't help you with the Nokia.. Sorry!
    05-30-11 12:55 PM
    The PlayBook comes with FREE technical support from BlackBerry for 90 days, give them a call.
    05-30-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD