Hi, I've got an icon come up n I can't get rid of it,
    It looks like a white envelope with the blackberry logo on it and then a number 1 in red circle jus above it...I can't find anythin 2 tell me what it is and what to go 2 get rid of it, it jus won't go!
    Hopefully this image will work.... http://img31.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img31/379/screen20110420172147.jpg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 01:41 PM
    I had the same icon on my blackberry. When I received itn it was notifying me that there was a new update on an app that I had before. Go to your blackberry app world and see if you have any updates available. Also check you email folder and see if you have a message there.

04-20-11 02:22 PM
    I have the same problem. It is some notifier but not any of the usual ones. I've opened every ap on my phone, checked all messages, checked for updates. It just appeared at the top of my screen next to where the yellow message notifiers are. I assume it's from BB somehow because of the BB icon in the middle of the white envelope. Also has a round red call with a #1 inside it. What is this?

05-16-11 10:24 AM
    I have the same problem. It is some notifier but not any of the usual ones. I've opened every ap on my phone, checked all messages, checked for updates. It just appeared at the top of my screen next to where the yellow message notifiers are. I assume it's from BB somehow because of the BB icon in the middle of the white envelope. Also has a round red call with a #1 inside it. What is this?
    It's a 3rd party notifier for an update to an app you installed from App World.

If you're using the stock theme, just click on the notification banner, scroll down to the notifier, press Menu then Delete... gone!
    05-16-11 10:30 AM
    It's a 3rd party notifier for an update to an app you installed from App World.

If you're using the stock theme, just click on the notification banner, scroll down to the notifier, press Menu then Delete... gone!
    It may also be a notification for a new app in AppWorld.
    05-16-11 10:38 AM
    It may also be a notification for a new app in AppWorld.
    The notifier with an envelope is not a true App World app notifier, it's a 3rd party one.

It's still for an app update, but direct from the app developer rather than through App World itself.
    05-16-11 10:52 AM
    Go to your messages section (this is where ALL your messages will show up). The main message section has similar email envelope icon and most people hide it. So if you cannot see a mail icon with a red star, click on your BB button and hit "show all".

Now go in there and either open the message or delete it. This will get rid of the notification.

charlie78blonde likes this.
    05-16-11 11:32 AM
    The notifier with an envelope is not a true App World app notifier, it's a 3rd party one.

It's still for an app update, but direct from the app developer rather than through App World itself.
    I stand by what I said, as complementary to what you said. It can be EITHER an app update OR a new app in appworld (and no, I never had that POS app installed in any of my devices, so it couldn't be an update. Next time it happens, thou I hope it doens't, I'll post a picture of the message).
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-16-11 at 02:26 PM.
    05-16-11 02:23 PM
    I stand by what I said, as complementary to what you said. It can be EITHER an app update OR a new app in appworld.

Happened to me, so I am pretty sure of it.
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying Diego.

It IS an app update notification, for an app that was installed through App World... but it is NOT the official App World notifier.

The official App World notifier is the circle with an arrow through it. When clicked, this will take you directly to My World to update that app.

The 'unofficial' or 3rd party notifier, is the white envelope with a BB symbol below it. When clicked, this will usually take you to the app developer's website to update that app, rather than through App World.
    05-16-11 02:33 PM
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying Diego.

It IS an app update notification, for an app that was installed through App World... but it is NOT the official App World notifier.

The official App World notifier is the circle with an arrow through it. When clicked, this will take you directly to My World to update that app.

The 'unofficial' or 3rd party notifier, is the white envelope with a BB symbol below it. When clicked, this will usually take you to the app developer's website to update that app, rather than through App World.
    Understood, acknoledged and didn't contest it.

Now, let's see if you're getting what I'm saying. I got the "weird icon" one evening. Message subject said "NEW app in AppWorld". I clicked the link.

AppWorld opened and it showed me a vibrate on call or something app. Which I never had installed in any of my devices (and didn't even know of).

So, yes, it is a app notification, from a 3rd party, but it can be EITHER an update or a new app notification.

Is it clear now?
    05-16-11 02:50 PM
    love the banter here... Passion drives the train to understanding!
    05-19-11 06:18 PM
    Hello to everyone -- I too got the notification icon on my home screen and searched through all my apps to check where was the update. I just couldnt find the source until I read what mss-ca wrote in this forum. The notification was for Emergency Information. Once I read it the icon never showed up on the notification bar ! Hope this problem doesnt persist any longer. Good Luck !
    05-20-11 12:48 AM
    I have the same problem, I have followed your advice and deleted everything in site. I believe it has something to do with a message I get that I can't open but can delete entitled "New on App World" and the subect is "Emergency Information", I also cannot open the message. I delete it and the status icon is still their even after taking the battery out.

Any help would be great. I am a with Telus.
    06-02-11 08:54 AM
    Try a battery pull.
    06-02-11 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD