Picked up my 16GB Playbook yesterday at Staples. Sales rep told me about the AT&T issues, but after coming here, i was able to download Bridge onto my Torch, and everything worked GREAT. I'm loving the device so far.

One of the main apps i use on my torch is the "Feeds" app (used to use Viigo on my Bold), and im trying to see if anyone has found a good way to view RSS feeds on the PB? I downloaded a free RSS Reader from App World, but it doesn't seem to have any options to do ANYTHING. Don't know how it made it on there....Google Reader is pretty nice and clean on the PB, but i think a native application could be better.

Any other RSS junkies out there?
    04-20-11 10:42 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I'm looking for something that syncs with Google Reader. GeeReader was supposed to be the answer, but it's missing from PB App World.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 04-20-11 at 09:47 PM.
    04-20-11 06:08 PM
    i tried glimpse from appworld. Nice interface, but I prefer more control on the UI (more space dedicated to the current news, swipe gesture for prev/next).
    Wolf
    04-21-11 07:48 AM
    BlackFeed is the best one in App World i think. only gives you a small part of the article and then the "more" button takes you to the browser web page. Also have to type the URLs in yourself, but thats not a big deal.
    04-21-11 09:00 AM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/27980

that's the link for GeeReader but it seems to have a major glitch. Seems you have to close and re-open when you want to change folders
    oycz likes this.
    04-21-11 05:39 PM
    For me, I can browse all the titles in all the folders. But if you click on sth, it will stuck there and cannot go back to the folder view.
    They need to fix this! Really need google reader.
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/27980

that's the link for GeeReader but it seems to have a major glitch. Seems you have to close and re-open when you want to change folders
    04-22-11 12:48 PM
    The GeeReader link seems to be dead now..

I wish they'd make a port of Social Feeds for the Playbook..

In the mean time, I'm just using Google Reader in the PB browser. Works really well!!
    04-22-11 01:15 PM
    GeeReader is up and running great for me. Had a small glitch where blogs you follow in Blogger was causing your feeds not to load at startup and only gave you the green spinning wheel but here's a workaround until the update is approved by appworld:

WORKAROUND:

Make a list of the sites you’re following in Blogger.

Unfollow the sites in the Blogger dashboard: http://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g

Add the list of sites to Google Reader online.

Close GeeReader and reopen.

I was able to get my feeds to load after doing this.

Actually it kinda makes sense to have all of your feeds in Google Reader and not shared/bridged to Blogger Follow anyway because when you export/import from Google Reader it DOES NOT include the ones followed via Blogger.

Appworld: BlackBerry App World - GeeReader
    Last edited by mscooley; 05-01-11 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added appworld link
    05-01-11 09:59 AM
    just hangs for me, not sure if there is a tweak i am missing but even on 1.06 i am just getting animated swirls with a loading bar on the bottom, i even went to g and marked all as read to see if the load might be too much.

I really like glimpse but if this will work i would use both! Screen shots look great.
    05-01-11 11:27 AM
    I had to delete one of my subscriptions in google reader and then everything loaded properly in GeeReader.
    05-01-11 11:47 AM
    just hangs for me, not sure if there is a tweak i am missing but even on 1.06 i am just getting animated swirls with a loading bar on the bottom, i even went to g and marked all as read to see if the load might be too much.

I really like glimpse but if this will work i would use both! Screen shots look great.
    Great support form Ryan at Geereader. A quick response with two possible fixes. The one that worked for me was as stated above, i had a blogger subscription in my blogs. Simply unsubscribe from following your own blogger feed and it works. I have not had time to go back and add the blogger account but it sounds like it should work.

It sounds like there is a fix for this already in for approval with RIM. v1.07.

Excellent product and i am sure it will evolve nicely.
    05-02-11 07:38 AM
    Been mucking around with FeedWheel. says it will import from Google.
    05-02-11 07:02 PM
    Feed Wheel is working pretty well for me. Sync with Google Reader worked without any problems. I like it more than GeeReader and Glimpse.
    jsanjose#CB likes this.
    05-02-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD