I feel like I'm talking to HUGE idiots on the phone right now.

I called the free 90 day support line to ask why the **** my Mac's Desktop Manager REFUSES to recognize the Playbook despite the fact that it's the latest version.

Elephanteesha or Laquanteesha or whatever her name is has NO idea what I'm talking about. The first thing she said to my problem is "Well do you have a PC?" ....... WTF? So I need to go out and buy a PC to use my Playbook now? Shouldn't BlackBerry be welcoming Apple users to its product base?

I couldn't stand her air-head responses so I just said listen, can I speak to your supervisor? She put the supervisor on and she was JUST as stupid and clueless. At one point I literally said "Do you even know what the Desktop Software is?".

The Supervisor, after a million air-head responses, said "I'm going to transfer you to a higher tier of support because we aren't able to assist you with this."

So now I am waiting to be transferred to "Higher Tier Support".

This is not a good experience.
    04-20-11 10:39 AM
    Welcome to a botched rollout!
    04-20-11 10:40 AM
    Yes--go out and buy a PC.
    04-20-11 10:42 AM
    Please let us know what you find out. I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.

And apparently, here is the answer...

Desktop Manager for Mac PlayBook support coming this summer
    Last edited by Berknip; 04-20-11 at 10:49 AM.
    04-20-11 10:45 AM
    Point them to CrackBerry.com... I reached out to RIM.

Desktop Manager for Mac support coming this summer... it currently doesn't support it.

Desktop Manager Support for BlackBerry PlayBook coming this summer | CrackBerry.com
    04-20-11 10:48 AM
    The "Higher Tier" support told me that he is going to have to escalate me (again) to an "Analyst" because "since the BlackBerry Playbook is relatively new, they want to document your problem"
    04-20-11 11:03 AM
    Wow, Kevin, that sucks - why dont these people know that?! Ugh
    04-20-11 11:04 AM
    omg im having the same issue with them in general. Ive been on the phone with them since last nite becuz i cannot get past by the blackberry id page. they had no idea and had me on hold forever!! I spoke to 3 ppl and one person this morning who at the end said I have to get a hot spot and type in the username and password..mind you, this is french for me, cuz i dont and have never used wi-fi or hot spots. They have no training at all! How can they release a product and have a customer support o morons?! im so upset. Now i gotta walk over to a starbux on my break and pray to God this solves the issue. Has anyone else had this problem?
    04-20-11 11:05 AM
    Mac people should be used to this by now. It will take weeks or months to get it updated.

I love my Mac but it only runs Win7 via bootcamp and is FAST!
    04-20-11 11:06 AM
    Greggebhardt, I have Windows 7 on my mac too.. but.. will I be able to sync media on DM for Windows 7 (Bootcamp) with files that are on the mac "side"?
    04-20-11 11:12 AM
    Mac people should be used to this by now. It will take weeks or months to get it updated.

I love my Mac but it only runs Win7 via bootcamp and is FAST!
    Interesting. If I threw windows 7 on my bootcamp, does that solve the problem?
    04-20-11 11:18 AM
    And if you try to call support line, they won't be able give you support for running windows on a mac.
    04-20-11 11:22 AM
    I've been on the phone for 2 hours now. Waiting for an Analyst from RIM to pick up
    04-20-11 11:50 AM
    omg don't blame them. blame rimm for this fiasco. they launched this 6 months too early. these people are doing the best they can given the awful hand they have to play.
    04-20-11 11:54 AM
    pretty simple answer, it's not supported yet. soon enough though I'm sure
    04-20-11 12:02 PM
    What exactly do you need to connect to the Mac for other for music which i was under the impression you could simply drag and drop as mass storage (not ideal but whatever). To my understanding you could easily set this up over wifi without having to plug into a computer?
    04-20-11 12:07 PM
    04-20-11 12:10 PM
    But I debunked your complaint in your thread.
    04-20-11 12:14 PM
    I think this is a common theme for customer support both at RIM and with many carriers. I feel if their reps read and kept up with Crackberry and the forums here too they would 1) actually be able to assist their callers and 2) save a heck of a lot of money on returns, warranty claims on "bricked" devices and error 507's, and the likes.
    04-20-11 12:17 PM
    But I debunked your complaint in your thread.
    Yes you did! Still, I should be able to use DM if I want to.
    04-20-11 12:21 PM
    Point them to CrackBerry.com... I reached out to RIM.

Desktop Manager for Mac support coming this summer... it currently doesn't support it.

Desktop Manager Support for BlackBerry PlayBook coming this summer | CrackBerry.com
    Is this a joke?
    04-20-11 12:22 PM
    Yes you did! Still, I should be able to use DM if I want to.
    and I agree.
    04-20-11 12:22 PM
    this is a complete crock of sh*t. I can't even drag and drop documents or anything to this PB because the Mac doesn't see it at all. Not at all. Tech support is useless. AND THEY ARE PROMOTING THIS AS A 'PROFESSIONAL' DEVICE???????? Unless this gets resolved - and quick - they're going to be getting another on back.
    04-20-11 12:35 PM
    Is this a joke?
    no joke. and when it comes out all you guys can beta test it for them.
    04-20-11 12:36 PM
    Is this a joke?
    No more so than no ATT bridge or native PIM. I guess all ATT customers and all MAC owners need to look elsewhere right now. That's got to be close to 50% of the consumer market, no???
    04-20-11 12:38 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD