I woke up this morning to this pin message on my phone:

------Original Message------
    To: 30EC208D
    Subject: Congratulations!!!
    Sent: Apr 20, 2011 7:27 AM

You have been selected as one (1) of (15) winners in this months BlackBerry online splash promo selected from all the region connected to the BlackBerry network Europe, South and North America,Australia Asia, Middle East and the Africa, our internet processing unit.
    Our fifteen (15) winners have been selected from Six continents currently connected to the BlackBerry network.
    Your BlackBerry Pin was selected as the 5th beneficiary in this promo,which was chosen at random by our Digital Random Internet BlackBerry Processing Service (D.R.I.B.P.S) which won for you $900,000.00 USD and your reward is coming from the interest generated from advertising and copyrights from the BlackBerry network.
    Provide your Online Coordinator with the listed information's below to enable him process your winning certificate.

serial No: 55654*******
    Batch No: 255125*******
    Ticket No: 564760*******
    Your full name:
    Age/Gender
    Phone Number
    Your Email address:

Below are his contact information's.
    Frank Cusack-Online Coordinator
    Email: [email protected]
    Endeavor to keep your prize winnings informations notifications as
    confidential as possible until your winnings have been successfully
    verified and remitted to you,this is one of the security precaution.
    to avoid wrong claim of of your winning
    BlackBerry Team Award Promotion
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Anybody else get it or know anything about it? Btw, I took out some of the numbers just in case it's legit.
    04-20-11 08:37 AM
    Yeah, I'm sure the online coordinator for some sort of Balckberry promotion is going to be using a Yahoo.com e-mail address! That's not at all suspicious, is it?
    04-20-11 08:46 AM

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Anybody else get it or know anything about it? Btw, I took out some of the numbers just in case it's legit.

this should be the give away that its fake.
    04-20-11 08:47 AM
    Really? a "Blackberry" contest with a yahoo email?
    04-20-11 08:47 AM
    I have a uncle in Nigeria that would like investors to help get 25,000,000 released also! SCAM, you contact them and they will probably want your bank acct and pin also!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 08:52 AM
    I was just wondering if there's a way to report the pin they sent it from or something that way they won't be able to do this again.
    04-20-11 09:01 AM
    I was just wondering if there's a way to report the pin they sent it from or something that way they won't be able to do this again.
    Reason #1 NOT to put your PIN out there, once its on the NET, it's up for grabs by anyone.

"I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe"
    04-20-11 09:43 AM
    I woke up this morning to this pin message on my phone:

------Original Message------
    To: 30EC208D
    Subject: Congratulations!!!
    Sent: Apr 20, 2011 7:27 AM

You have been selected as one (1) of (15) winners in this months BlackBerry online splash promo selected from all the region connected to the BlackBerry network Europe, South and North America,Australia Asia, Middle East and the Africa, our internet processing unit.
    Our fifteen (15) winners have been selected from Six continents currently connected to the BlackBerry network.
    Your BlackBerry Pin was selected as the 5th beneficiary in this promo,which was chosen at random by our Digital Random Internet BlackBerry Processing Service (D.R.I.B.P.S) which won for you $900,000.00 USD and your reward is coming from the interest generated from advertising and copyrights from the BlackBerry network.
    Provide your Online Coordinator with the listed information's below to enable him process your winning certificate.

serial No: 55654*******
    Batch No: 255125*******
    Ticket No: 564760*******
    Your full name:
    Age/Gender
    Phone Number
    Your Email address:

How about all the sh!tty grammar in the last paragraph....lmao..."Endeavor to keep your prize winnings informations notifications...this is one of the security precaution. to avoid wrong claim of of your winning"

duh...winning! Not!
    04-20-11 10:45 AM
    Reason #1 NOT to put your PIN out there, once its on the NET, it's up for grabs by anyone.

"I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe"
    Nice mystikal reference
    04-20-11 10:49 AM
    As Gawain mentioned, there are some grammatical and spelling errors in the message that give it away. However, it is better attempt than most (possibly because other scams are done by people that do not speak english natively), but the yahoo.com address, as mentioned by others, was a clincher.
    04-20-11 11:09 AM
    That is definitely a scam. I've never gotten a PIN message spam before though that's kinda weird.
    04-20-11 11:23 AM
    Please dont be fooled. To win the lottery you have to buy a ticket. that is it. No personal info required. This is asking you for too much personal info and so sounds like someone is seeking identity fraud/theft.

Personally, I would not respond but just to put your mind at ease why not give rim a bell. They should know if this is true or not. Your operator should know the tel number. I'm in the UK so only have UK numbers.

Hope this helps
    04-21-11 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD