Ok. I give up!!

My Auto text backup from OS 5 files will get restored to OS 6.. However, all Autotext that are now in OS 6 cant be backed up.. Tried all ways, selective backup, installing DM 5 and what not.. Yet, selective ackup of Auto Text / Word Substitution wud show only 4 entires instead of 220..

I hunted internet for a solution but no one has any.. Only one fellow had was that they always created auto text on OS 5, took a backup & then restored on OS 6... Sounds crazy right, combination of two device/OS for an Auto Text..

Anyone who can solve this issue will be showered with roses from me.....!!!
    04-20-11 04:39 AM
    I am facing the exact same problem, any solutions ?
    05-01-11 08:21 AM
    There is a thread here on the same subject from the 9780 forum... http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/au...30/index2.html

Ignore the 1st page... it's just waffle

It's strange that some have had issues backing up/restoring Auto Text entries, and others haven't

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tartooob likes this.
    05-01-11 09:49 AM
    S C R E W you RIM … you have managed to completely turn a lot of FAITHFUL Blackberry users to the GREEN side or should that be RED ............ as in APPLE !

How can you possibly ignore this issue. the amount of frustration and PAIN that you have caused in immeasurable ! What a waste of our time.!! On the rim website it stated that the workaround was to " manually reinstall the lost auto texts" …. so we did ! ...only to find that you cant.

I have had enough and am about to throw in the towel ! :-((
    07-05-11 05:55 AM
    Stop being a dramaqueen mayor, there's an app for that now... http://cheapbbstore.com/filez/foo/ts...TextBackup.jad

07-06-11 07:14 AM
    +1 for AutoTextBackup. I never had any problems going from my 9700 to OS 6 to 9780 and back to 9000. But from my 9000 to 9650, I couldn't restore my Word Substitution and it was so frustrating. Finally has to restore my 9780 back up from 6 months ago to get it back. I promptly downloaded AutoTextBackup.

07-07-11 12:33 AM
    I'm finally able to safely restore the 550 Word Substitution entries I've painstakingly rebuilt thanks to the AutoText Backup App. Of course, this especially became handy after the service center techs wiped my device trying to fix a hardware issue by reloading software.

Oops.

07-07-11 12:39 AM
    hi. i had this app on my torch...my phone bricked this morning and i rebuilt it from a wipe. i'd like to get this autotextbackup app back on my phone but i can't find it. i have the .jad file but it won't install without the associated cod file.

help?
    07-13-11 04:32 PM
    Phil Uk … Thanks for the advice

BUT … it may not be a big deal for you since you probably don't even use the feature... your so called solution of putting an unauthorised piece of 3rd party software, has caused a lot of people grief (including me) by causing FURTHER problems with the phone its self....so not a great idea.

And YES its is a DRAMA for me since i actually use my phone as a business tool...i have 500+ auto text entries..... I am in discussion with RIM who are getting a TECH guy to call me …. wait and see :-)
    07-16-11 06:46 AM
    Phil Uk � Thanks for the advice
    You're welcome

07-16-11 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD