Everyone I talk to with a BB seems to have had this just happen to them. Suddenly there are Facebook notifications as well as their corresponding emails coming through into messages

For as long as I can remember the Facebook app would filter those messages containing notifications from Facebook and you'd only get a facebook message, now it seems that the emails are showing up as well

Anyone have any idea why? I haven't updated the app recently and the same goes for the other people I've talked to
    04-19-11 09:25 PM
    As of late I have not received any Facebook notifications whenever receiving a message, or posting from a wall. I haven't looked into it yet, so I'll keep you posted.
    04-20-11 08:27 AM
    This happened to me yesterday but I just went into options and click the turn off email notifications link and that's solved the problem.

Not sure why the email notifications started again but they are off again now
    04-20-11 03:14 PM
    Only issue I've been having lately is that when receiving a facebook message, it won't always come to my phone right away. Sometimes it does, rarely though.
    04-20-11 03:29 PM
    i have the same problem. started sometime last week and hasnt stopped. email notification and facebook notification at same time. kind of annoying. i googled and read something on facebook's facebook (lol) saying that they have noticed the issue and are trying to ressolve it, but nothing has changed. i think i am just going to check the email notification box to stop this nonsense lol
    04-25-11 11:38 PM
    Well it could be a few things...

1) You have Facebook to text you on such notifications.
    2) What is this app called anyway.
    3) The app is programed to do so as email and bbm does.
    04-26-11 12:43 PM
    I'm experiencing an issue with the Facebook notifications and it's driving me bananas. I have it set to send notifications within the BlackBerry Messages app, and it keeps showing really old FB messages that have long been deleted from Facebook but will not let me delete the notification from my BlackBerry. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
    04-30-11 11:07 PM
    I receive FB notifications on my phone in the email folder. Until recently, those notifications could be deleted either individually, or going to 'Delete Prior.' Now, neither works, and I have notifications dating back to Nov 2010. Any ideas?
    05-24-11 11:43 PM
    OP, you may need to go into the FB app settings and reset them up. you should check the box that says to delete the emails on the server or whatever. i forget the exact things, but i had that issue awhile ago. i had to delete the app, delete the mobile notifications from the FB site and re-set them all up over again.
    05-24-11 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD