Are there any King James Bibles coming for the Playbook? There are two bibles on Appworld, but neither offer KJV.
    04-19-11 09:09 PM
    im looking for an ESV one. there is a KJV available though.
    04-19-11 09:25 PM
    Really? Where is the KJV one? I am not finding it in Appworld. The only ones I find are one called "Bible" that has the "AKJV" and the other is "My Bible" which has the "WEB" version.
    04-19-11 09:44 PM
    I did find a live version that can be used in the browser that has KJV and ESV.

e-Sword LIVE
    04-19-11 09:54 PM
    Also, I found HyperBible.com, but the app does not show up in Appworld.
    04-19-11 09:55 PM
    Also, I found HyperBible.com, but the app does not show up in Appworld.
    edit: nvm... it is hyber bible.. i dont think it made the cut.... copyright reasons? (my guess)
    Last edited by ignites; 04-19-11 at 10:31 PM.
    04-19-11 10:27 PM
    I wish they had HOLY BIBLE app from the phone version, that's anawesome one. It has all the versions in it. I wish you could download the bible period so you didn't have to get online to see it though.
    04-19-11 11:50 PM
    I wish they had HOLY BIBLE app from the phone version, that's anawesome one. It has all the versions in it. I wish you could download the bible period so you didn't have to get online to see it though.
    ya that... because if i need web access then i could just use m.biblegateway.com
    04-20-11 11:24 AM
    I'm hoping the YouVersion app comes out for the PlayBook.
    04-20-11 12:11 PM
    YouVersion would be great. I use it on my Blackberry.
    04-20-11 02:33 PM
    I'm sure LifeChurch.tv will be coming out with their app for the PB.
    04-20-11 03:43 PM
    The free app on appworld is only the NT and only shows one verse at a time. I bookmarked BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages. instead.
    04-20-11 04:59 PM
    04-20-11 05:30 PM
    You could search the Kobo book store. I quickly scanned though and saw one KJV for $2.39.
    04-20-11 05:42 PM
    I'm sure LifeChurch.tv will be coming out with their app for the PB.
    I do hope they come out with a playbook app soon. This is one thing I will like to complete my tablet. Much easier to read on the 7" screen than my torch in service. Woulnt be too bad if we had wifi but alas we dont.
    04-20-11 07:44 PM
    YouVersion would be great. I use it on my Blackberry.
    +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 09:22 PM
    youversion with offline mode would be the best.
    04-21-11 12:26 PM
    Well I was hoping for a kindle or kobo version of the bible that you can turn the pages. I am hoping to get to church with my playbook and opon up my journal case and turn the page of the bible during service. That would trip out some of the member that have the ipad.
    04-23-11 01:49 AM
    Well I was hoping for a kindle or kobo version of the bible that you can turn the pages. I am hoping to get to church with my playbook and opon up my journal case and turn the page of the bible during service. That would trip out some of the member that have the ipad.
    much faster to use search function kobo doesnt have that.
    04-23-11 09:15 PM
    Hi. If you have Logos 4 then you should be able to use biblia.com which signs into your Logos account and it will show all your books. I haven't tried it yet since my Playbook has not arrived yet. Also, I emailed OliveTree and they said that they were developing an Android app that is supposed to work with the Playbook when Blackberry includes their functioning in some upcoming Playbook update (that was according to one of the developers at Olive Tree). So, that may be another option. Kindle has some Bible versions available, so you might be able to use your favorite through Kobo. Just a thought.
    04-23-11 09:55 PM
    This is a must-have for my PlayBook as well, although I'm not too picky about translation (general preference is NRSV but if it's free I'm not complaining). YouVersion would be the realistic ideal based on their phone app.
    04-29-11 10:00 AM
    Dad works at CPH... trying to convince him to release an ESV version. Excellent accuracy and clarity, and their app for iPad is great.
    04-29-11 10:40 AM
    I'm trying to decide between Accordance and Olive Tree for my i-devices. I would LOVE to see Olive Tree release a Playbook app, as their selection of translations and support materials is impressive. Accordance is significantly more expensive, though it offers a more comprehensive set of reference materials.
    04-29-11 12:17 PM
    Here is an email i recieved from YouVersion Support.

Russell Boone, Apr-29 11:28 (CDT):
    Hello there Bryan and thank you for contacting YouVersion Support!

Our developers are already at work on a Playbook version of The Bible App. We hope to be able to make it available soon.

Thank you for being an avid YouVersion user,

Your friendly YouVersion Support expert!

-- Read the latest news: YouVersion | Engaging the Bible Through Technology
    -- Follow us on Twitter: The Bible App (YouVersion) on Twitter
    -- Like us on Facebook: YouVersion | Facebook
    04-29-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD