my playbook was working fineee up until 30 minz ago!! i went to hit shut down and accidentally hit restart and now it wont boot up at all!! it was stuck at the blackberry playbook screen in black with no actions for 5 minz and i hard reset it and now its stuck on the wallpaper flash screen and wont go passed that for the last 15 minz!! any ideas?!?!
    04-19-11 02:35 PM
    I had to take mine back for the same issue
    04-19-11 02:39 PM
    @bigmann77,
    Although not the same issue but do click on my user name and go to the following post (unfortunately I cannot create a link on this forum for some reason)

playbook-does-not-restart-properly-after-software-update

Look at the last page (7) and try the Desktop Manager method. Maybe yours is missing an update or something.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by jkrist; 04-19-11 at 02:48 PM.
    04-19-11 02:45 PM
    @bigmann77,
    Although not the same issue but do have a look at the following link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...update-605726/

Look at the last page (7) and try the Desktop Manager method. Maybe yours is missing an update or something.

Hope that helps

ya im trying this now too! while on the phone with blackberry tech support... these guys are having a lot of calls about this too their shocked as well... its downloading com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.debrick right now in app world... ughhhhh and i work in 1 hour!! AHHH!!
    04-19-11 02:49 PM
    I just got off the phone with BlackBerry support and they have no clue on how to solve this issue....I bought 3 playbooks for my company and now regretting evey penny spent on em!!!
    04-20-11 11:15 AM
    i have the same issue...stuck with the red LED blinking twice on and on...

tried hard resetting, DM...to no avail...
    04-22-11 09:41 PM
    I had the same problem...... i searched the forum and found that if u hold down the power button along with the volume + and - for 15 seconds or so.....it will reboot. give it a try. it worked for me.
    04-22-11 10:01 PM
    If the reboot sequence above (hold down the power button and the volume + for 15 seconds), then you probably have a corrupted OS. Connect to the Desktop Software, and follow instructions to download and install the os.debrick. It will take a while... But it works.
    04-23-11 12:53 PM
    I have the same issue, when I plug the device into the power outlet the RED LED comes on for about 7 secs then goes off and briefly displays playboo, this continues in a loop.

I spoke with RIM, all levels of telephone support, even created a WEBNX.

Reboot via power and volume.
    DTM Update will complete then say please disconect your device to complete update but the Playbook screen is still black.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

David
    04-23-11 04:45 PM
    I am having same issue as b10cy. My Playbook hung a few days ago after rebooting just after completing an update via WiFi. I dug out a Windows PC, ran the Desktop Manager Update, PB still doesn't boot, LED stays red for 3-4 seconds, then flashes amber / greenish 6 times then nothing.
    thoughts???
    04-25-11 10:16 PM
    I am having same issue as b10cy. My Playbook hung a few days ago after rebooting just after completing an update via WiFi. I dug out a Windows PC, ran the Desktop Manager Update, PB still doesn't boot, LED stays red for 3-4 seconds, then flashes amber / greenish 6 times then nothing.
    thoughts???
    There is no display on the screen at all?

Not even the logo?
    04-25-11 10:28 PM
    i thought i read somewhere??? PB will not reboot with less than 20% power on battery ( i could be confusing this with another issue) before you restart try to make sure you are plugged into the wall.

It seems like this can't be true because if the Playbook wouldn't reboot and got stuck "off" it would not charge either (feature or a bug?). If that was the case it could account for the bricking that is happening to a few users. Just an unqualified guess.
    04-25-11 10:41 PM
    HI david.

im having the same issue. what solution did you find?

thanks.
    10-14-12 01:57 PM
    It looks like you may need to do a power cycle to revive your device. To do that, plug the device into a wall socket, leave it a couple of minutes, then unplug it for a couple of minutes. Repeat a few times. Then hold down the power button till the red light comes on. Make sure to keep the device plugged in as your power may be low. Things get a little funny if the device's power is under 20%. It sounds odd but it has worked for a couple of my buddies who did something wrong when they first got their machines. The good news is that the machine is probably not defective and just needs to get back to the right cycle.

Others might be better placed to help with this process but I know it works if done right.
    10-14-12 02:48 PM
    Instead of plugging and unplugging use a power strip and the button on it to on and off.
    10-14-12 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD