I gotta say that the speakers on the PlayBook are great. Listening to my own music, youtube and slacker, makes it even better. Very enjoyable and impressed!
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    04-19-11 09:51 AM
    Agreed. Running 1080p videos from Youtube on this is particularly pleasurable.
    04-19-11 09:55 AM
    It defaults to High Def video and audio on you tube apparently! So cool!
    04-19-11 09:56 AM
    I agree. The audio on the Playbook is far better than I expected.
    04-19-11 10:15 AM
    I am blown away by the speakers on this device - was definitely not expecting them to be this good.
    04-19-11 10:17 AM
    speakers are damn amazing. i thought my hands would get in the way but they dont!
    04-19-11 10:24 AM
    Agreed on the above. Really been happy with the PlayBook's speakers. It's a small tablet, but it packs a punch!
    04-19-11 10:30 AM
    You guys are all nuts. I love the mono speaker on the back of my iPad2. Great for letting everyone else in the room listen to whatever I'm doing online!

Ok, I know.. cheap shot. I apologize.
    dunerzr likes this.
    04-19-11 10:33 AM
    I wish laptop makers would take a lesson on how to do speakers the right way from the Playbook! Great sound! I can hardly hear my Sony Vaio.
    04-19-11 11:27 AM
    Could anyone please help me...?

I love my PlayBook speakers and I was getting great audio but I was starting up a video this afternoon and noticed there was no sound anymore. I checked and did everything:

Checked the volume, turned it up and down, muted and unmuted...
    Restarted the device, shut down and wait 10 minutes and boot up, hard reset...
    Turned Bluetooth on/off, WiFi on/off

Now even did a security wipe.

All I get is sound through the audio port with headphones or external speakers, but not the PlayBook internal speakers.

Any thoughts?
    04-22-11 12:17 AM
    I tried the floor models for the ipad, xoom, and pb in a more than usual noisy best buy. PB was the only handheld which I could clearly hear. Not a huge deal for most people I think, but for me it helped to raise the platform from which i took the jump and decided to go with the pb.
    04-22-11 12:23 AM
    In a small quiet room, the playbook can be uncomfortably loud its so good

I leave it at about 60% loudness
    04-22-11 01:04 AM

I love my PlayBook speakers and I was getting great audio but I was starting up a video this afternoon and noticed there was no sound anymore. I checked and did everything:

All I get is sound through the audio port with headphones or external speakers, but not the PlayBook internal speakers.

Any thoughts?
    update to .1710
    Last edited by Yuong; 04-22-11 at 01:30 AM.
    04-22-11 01:10 AM
    Good stuff!
    04-22-11 01:46 AM

Any thoughts?
    You accidently muted the audio maybe, try holding the pause/play button and see if its back to normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 01:51 AM
    Wait are we on .1710 now?
    04-22-11 01:51 AM
    Wait are we on .1710 now?
    Yup, just updated to it OTA

04-22-11 01:52 AM
    I gotta say that the speakers on the PlayBook are great. Listening to my own music, youtube and slacker, makes it even better. Very enjoyable and impressed!
    Imagine if it had the Dre beats speakers built into it. Oh boy!

04-22-11 01:54 AM
    Imagine if it had the Dre beats speakers built into it. Oh boy!

Yeah, but then it would cost $200 more to cover the cost of the name
    04-22-11 02:01 AM
    I have notice at times that my left speaker is the only one producing sound. I have restarted the PlayBook and plugged it into DM. After doing that, the PlayBook will play audio out of the right speaker for a while (30 min or so). The right speaker will then go out again. I have wiped the device and started fresh with apps, with no luck on fixing the problem.

The big Question... is this a "bug" in the software version (running .1710), should I exchange for new device.

Please help of you can!
    05-02-11 10:41 AM
    I have notice at times that my left speaker is the only one producing sound. I have restarted the PlayBook and plugged it into DM. After doing that, the PlayBook will play audio out of the right speaker for a while (30 min or so). The right speaker will then go out again. I have wiped the device and started fresh with apps, with no luck on fixing the problem.

The big Question... is this a "bug" in the software version (running .1710), should I exchange for new device.

Please help of you can!
    my suggestion would be to exchange it. If this were a bug, more users would be piping up about it. Either call RIM and find out, or take it back and exchange
    4872. likes this.
    05-02-11 10:53 AM

Please help of you can!
    I followed the proper channels and first called BB PlayBook Support and received a Trouble Ticket #, they then sent me to Tier 1 support, at that point there was no messing around, no round-about questions or unnecessary "Lets Try This" trouble shooting. Ashia's direct statement to me was "Take it back, that is a hardware issue and we will not be able to fix it".
    05-02-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD