I spilt a little bit of pop on my screen and it dripped down into the trackball... its fine but it sticks once in awhile when I try to scroll down

whats the best way to clean it??? i dont trust myself to pop it out
    08-11-08 10:41 AM
    I spilt a little bit of pop on my screen and it dripped down into the trackball... its fine but it sticks once in awhile when I try to scroll down

whats the best way to clean it??? i dont trust myself to pop it out
    Okay so, getting a little pop in your blackberry will void your warranty. You can actually fix this on your own but be aware that if you ARE worried about the warranty, call ask rogers about it first see what the Blackberry tech department thinks and then do this if they say they won't replace it.

You can open it up yourself from the back, and remove the small rogers plate on the bottom to reveal 2 more screws. After you remove the screws carefully take off the side rails/bars and crack it open. Be careful not to touch the screen, it is next to impossible to get smudges off of the LCD so when you get to that part DO NOT TOUCH IT. You can easily take apart the rollers and fix it from there, you'll see that it runs on 4 rollers and you will be able to see if gunk is getting in the way. Some methelhydrate should easily be able to clean that up with a q-tip, if you don't have that rubbing alcohol should suffice in drying it up, be careful though.
    08-11-08 10:49 AM
    Actually, if you're positive that it's only in the trackball that you're having hte issue (and it sounds like you are) . . . . you can actually just take the trackball out on it's own.

You can pry off the silver ring around the peral with a small flat head screwdriver. There are tabs at 3 o'clock, 6 and 9.

Then the trackball component will come out.

You can then disassemble from there.

There are also guides posted with pictures (or videos on youtube) showing you how to get just the trackball out.

A quick google search would find them.

Good luck
    08-11-08 03:16 PM
    That's also true, I just hate doing it that way due to the limited movement space. ^^
    08-11-08 04:03 PM
    Use eyeglass cleaner, spray on a soft lint free cloth, wipe down front of berry and trackball. Works great...
    08-11-08 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD