Has anyone heard anything about this? It is getting annoying that we are missing out on the new engine. Apple hates fragmentation and this is exactly what is going on.

I thought updates were going to be released at the same time. They have been, but completely different version.

Does anyone know what the deal is?
    04-18-11 05:29 PM
    Nope, but emailing and calling in comaints always gets results somehow. The squeaky wheel...
    04-19-11 12:11 AM
    For whatever reason it hasn't bothered me so much because I feel like I'm not missing out on so much. I think that if iOS 5 was to come later for CDMA models then that's when I'd start complaining.

It does make me wonder though if part of the Apple-Verizon deal includes Verizon having more say on the OS than att does. Oh who am I kidding?
    04-19-11 02:05 AM
    Nope, but emailing and calling in comaints always gets results somehow. The squeaky wheel...
    I have. This is just annoying me now though. People like to ***** that Android has fragmentation and this is exactly what Apple has going on here. I thought these updates would be coming out at the same time or within a few days of each other. Nothing is known and Apple hasn't given any estimates on when it will be out.
    04-19-11 09:54 AM
    For whatever reason it hasn't bothered me so much because I feel like I'm not missing out on so much. I think that if iOS 5 was to come later for CDMA models then that's when I'd start complaining.

It does make me wonder though if part of the Apple-Verizon deal includes Verizon having more say on the OS than att does. Oh who am I kidding?
    I was thinking the same thing. Especially since VZWs track record with updates is pretty slow.
    04-19-11 09:56 AM
    I was thinking the same thing. Especially since VZWs track record with updates is pretty slow.
    The update isnt up to Vzn. Apple controls it all. Not the carrier. Much different from BB
    04-25-11 06:29 PM
    Never experienced 4.3 so I dont feel mad since I dont know what i would be missing
    04-25-11 06:59 PM
    The update isnt up to Vzn. Apple controls it all. Not the carrier. Much different from BB
    Yes. I know Apple typically does control the update process. But we do not know the official agreement between Apple and VZW. Also, the CDMA iPhone is only available in the U.S., and I think there is one in China.

Honestly, if not for VZW having to check up on some things, why else would it be taking Apple so long to give CDMA users 4.3? The only difference in the radio. They are pushing out updates at the same time as the GSM version but not giving it 4.3.

It would just be nice if Apple said something. Their flagship device on the nations #1 network should be on the most current firmware.
    04-26-11 08:32 PM
    Never experienced 4.3 so I dont feel mad since I dont know what i would be missing
    The new engine in Safari makes browsing much faster. We will definitely notice the difference since VZWs network is slower.
    04-26-11 08:34 PM
    The new engine in Safari makes browsing much faster. We will definitely notice the difference since VZWs network is slower.
    Don't think it's that much of an improvement because it's not. IMO Mobile Safari sucks. There is absolutely no noticeable improvement, it's still slow, laggy and checker boarding.

Skyfire just had a major update, I was never a fan but and it's by far IMO the best browser for iPhone, I'm pretty impressed.
    Last edited by JD914; 04-26-11 at 11:26 PM.
    04-26-11 11:23 PM
    You're really not missing anything. These last updates have been minor to completely unnoticeable. When iOS 5 drops then we will see major improvements.
    04-26-11 11:28 PM
    I don't find mobile safari to suck at all. The checkerboarding is annoying but it's whatever. The stock Android browser is just as fast or maybe a little faster but not by much.
    04-27-11 11:06 AM
    I personally liked the Android browser a little better when I was on my X. Page
    rendering for full HTML sites did seem pretty flawless compared to mobile safari. But
    either way I'm still happy with mobile safari.
    04-27-11 12:39 PM
    The Android browser doesn't checkerboard, that's really the only reason I like it better. Side by side on WiFi, the iPhone and Droid X loaded pages just as fast, maybe a couple seconds off from each other (either device).
    04-27-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD